Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Re: I'm now firmly in the "we need to look at picking up a backup RB" camp

I'm not going to lie, as bad as AA looked, I'm inches from being converted to the thread title. He blew chunks.

I'm in the twilight zone on this matter now. Would it be so bad if Berry, Rainey, and Pierce were a rotating #2? Just launching out thoughts here. I look at it that if there is a short yardage/spell need any, that RB has "the hammer" out there. He is also known as Vontae Leach. I was just thinking back to the San Fran game when they showed Leach coaching up Rice. He may be the wildcard in it all possibly. He makes backs better.

Blog Entries

Rice was productive behind a so so blocking FB before leach got here. Leach is a god damn good FB, arguably in the Lorenzo Neal/Tony Richardson class of lead blockers. But going by how disappointing AA looked in that game last night, not even Leach could make AA better.

Damien Berry looks to be a good option as the short distance back, but I don't know how he'd look against the first team defenses as Wicked said.

Ryan Grant please.

Don't need 4 pages of this. RB's are a dime a dozen. RR is your featured #1. After the 3rd preseason game you can have your pick of many for about a mil. I saw nothing last night that impressed me from any of them that if RR goes down I would feel comfortable. If that happens it will be all on Joes arm.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mrfactoid View Post
    Don't need 4 pages of this. RB's are a dime a dozen. RR is your featured #1. After the 3rd preseason game you can have your pick of many for about a mil. I saw nothing last night that impressed me from any of them that if RR goes down I would feel comfortable. If that happens it will be all on Joes arm.
    You kind of expect that when all our back ups are undrafted players, apart frim Bernard Pierce who can't seem to get on the field with his injury issues.

RR is a tough shoe to fill. There probably aren't many that we would embrace if he went down. I would like a big strong back like RW was last year with experience. When RR needs a break I don't want a guy just to fill in for a play or two. I want someone who will step it up a notch and make somethng good happen.

Cedric Benson is off the board

Chris Mortensen ‏@mortreport

Cedric Benson is in Green Bay, expected to sign with #Packers, per sources

Damn.

Could be a nice fantasy sleeper.
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

–Eleanor Roosevelt

If Rice goes down there is no replacing him as we all know. Until Pierce can get on the field would prefer to see Berry and Rainey get more playing time and see what we have with them. Unless something drastically changes with Allen I would be shocked if he makes the team. Hopefully Pierce can get back soon, if he ends up IR'd for some reason then you bring in one of the dime a dozen vet RB that are out there. While I was dissapointed in the performance of Allen, I was pretty happy with how Berry and Rainey played and think if Pierce can get back and can play up to his talent level, this is going to be a young backfield but one of the best and deepest backfields we have had in a while with a number of different guys who bring different things to the table....

Its not all bad...lets see what happens with Pierce
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis