Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 13 to 24 of 33
  1. #13

    Re: Salary Cap Update



    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Wasn't he the starting center for the Rams towards the end of last season though?
    True, but I think it's an example of "one man's trash is another man's treasure". The Rams had so many injuries on the OL last year that they even had Mark LeVoir, a total washout here at Guard and OT, starting at LT.

    Mattison is currently listed as a back-up for the Rams now.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

    Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap




  2. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    "Merry old England"
    Posts
    9,236
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Salary Cap Update

    Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    True, but I think it's an example of "one man's trash is another man's treasure". The Rams had so many injuries on the OL last year that they even had Mark LeVoir, a total washout here at Guard and OT, starting at LT.

    Mattison is currently listed as a back-up for the Rams now.
    Yeah not that he was good or anything for them, I heard he was pretty terrible.




  3. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Land of Verdite
    Posts
    12,071
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Salary Cap Update

    Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    Greg Mattison did!
    B-More Ravor, you are cold blooded.
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"




  4. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    section 132
    Posts
    2,645
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Salary Cap Update

    I agree that ellerbe is making a little more money than he is probably worth. But looking at the roster, there isnt a whole lot of experience at the linebacker position this year and i think i would rather hold onto a guy that had been in the system for the last few years. You never know, he could be a sleeper to put in a decent season for us.




  5. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    28,155
    Blog Entries
    3
    I still think David Reed is going to be waived or given an injury settlement. Not that he is expensive, but he isnt a very accomplished receiver and jacoby or asa will be the kick/punt returner moving forward.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger


    My RSR Blog:
    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/paullukoskie/

    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  6. #18

    Re: Salary Cap Update

    Quote Originally Posted by ballhawk View Post
    I agree that ellerbe is making a little more money than he is probably worth. But looking at the roster, there isnt a whole lot of experience at the linebacker position this year and i think i would rather hold onto a guy that had been in the system for the last few years. You never know, he could be a sleeper to put in a decent season for us.
    I think you sum it up perfectly. Ellerbee seems to the target for many this year but he does provide depth with some exp. Not sure how a UDFA can be a disappointed. Also the Ravens are a team that makes pretty good decisions and they felt like his play deserved the second round tender.
    Last edited by HoustonRaven; 08-08-2012 at 07:53 AM.




  7. #19

    Re: Salary Cap Update

    Another place the Ravens could decide to cut payroll is at kicker. Cundiff's number is $2.8m for 2012 of which $600,000 is bonus. Appears they'd pick up $1.6m ($2.2m - Tucker's salary of $540,000) this year and have $600,000 against the cap both this year and next in dead money.

    Not sure it's worth it... but it's a thought.




  8. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    28,155
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Salary Cap Update

    Quote Originally Posted by perryw9202 View Post
    Another place the Ravens could decide to cut payroll is at kicker. Cundiff's number is $2.8m for 2012 of which $600,000 is bonus. Appears they'd pick up $1.6m ($2.2m - Tucker's salary of $540,000) this year and have $600,000 against the cap both this year and next in dead money.

    Not sure it's worth it... but it's a thought.
    To have a kicker who can hit a 32 yarder to potentially send the team to the Super Bowl is definitely worth it IMO.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger


    My RSR Blog:
    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/paullukoskie/

    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  9. #21
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    23,277
    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I still think David Reed is going to be waived or given an injury settlement. Not that he is expensive, but he isnt a very accomplished receiver and jacoby or asa will be the kick/punt returner moving forward.
    Makes sense, although you've now ignited the Reed supporters.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  10. #22
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    28,155
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Salary Cap Update

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Makes sense, although you've now ignited the Reed supporters.



    My bad. I didn't know that there really were any.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger


    My RSR Blog:
    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/paullukoskie/

    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  11. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    23,277
    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post



    My bad. I didn't know that there really were any.
    Yup. Both of them will be really fired up now.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  12. #24
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Deep in the bowels of Maryland suburbia
    Posts
    1,850

    Re: Salary Cap Update

    Admittedly, I was a David Reed supporter for a long time, but the combination of injuries, lack of playing time, and yes, his ST miscues from last season have had the effect of changing my mind. I don't know how the coaches feel about him at this point, but I get the feeling they may be close to cutting bait here.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland