Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good idea?

Blog Entries

Good idea?

Or something to get the media off tax returns etc.?

Romney may pick David Petraeus for VP

Re: Good idea?

Nope.

He's a lightening rod that offers nothing in terms of electoral votes.

A lightening rod how? I've only seen Soros's group attack him and they had to walk it back. He is pretty universally respected. And he isn't a career politician which might be a plus at this point.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

You don't think the Obama crowd would throw him under the bus (again) if they had to?

It cuts both ways. I'm sure the Obama camp have as much dirt on him as he may have on him.

And again, he brings zero in the way of EC votes.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    You don't think the Obama crowd would throw him under the bus (again) if they had to?

It cuts both ways. I'm sure the Obama camp have as much dirt on him as he may have on him.

And again, he brings zero in the way of EC votes.
    I think it would be very difficult to attack someone as decorated as him. Granted, Obama has already proven he has no dignity in this election.

As far as EC votes, no one does. So I say go for someone who can help across the board rather than trying to pick up a single state.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

Rubio hands Mitt 29 electoral votes.

You'd rather pass that up?

Not me.

Blog Entries

I have seen polling where Rubio gives Mitt 2 to 3 points, but I think Mitt gets Florida regardless.

To me this whole election (all things being equal) rides on Ohio. Unless somehow Mitt can win Michigan and/or Wisconsin he has to win Ohio.

Come on gents.

Approval numbers don't mean dick with the VP pick. It's about EV numbers. That's what gets you elected.

If your VP pick hands you a state like Florida, you do it everyday and twice on Sunday.

Blog Entries

I'm not sure what you mean, I'm not talking approval numbers, I am talking about Rubio hands Mitt 2 to 3 points in Florida when asked who would you vote for.

If there is someone who can do that for Ohio (without causing a loss of vote in other states) you take that person.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    I'm not sure what you mean, I'm not talking approval numbers, I am talking about Rubio hands Mitt 2 to 3 points in Florida when asked who would you vote for.

If there is someone who can do that for Ohio (without causing a loss of vote in other states) you take that person.
    I see what your saying now.

Rubio is wildly popular in Florida, thus would hand Florida to Mitt in November. Florida has 29 electoral votes. This makes things much easier for Mitt in terms of electoral math, thus allowing him to focus on states like Ohio, NC and PA.

Blog Entries

I think Mitt has a good chance of winning Florida without Rubio, if Rubio gives Mitt a better chance of winning Ohio, Wis, Mich or PA than he's the definite pick.

I've being hearing a lot of people think it could be Ryan (which I think is a mistake) but we should be finding out probably with in a week and a half.

Agree about Ryan.

May as well hand it to Obama if Mitt picks him.