Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Good idea?

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Come on gents.

Approval numbers don't mean dick with the VP pick. It's about EV numbers. That's what gets you elected.

If your VP pick hands you a state like Florida, you do it everyday and twice on Sunday.
    So Obama needed Biden to win Delaware?

I agree Mitt doesn't need Rubio to take Florida. He will win Florida.

I'd rather have someone who can attack and fight. Rubio is not ready for that yet.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Blog Entries

Re: Good idea?

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post

I'd rather have someone who can attack and fight
    . Rubio is not ready for that yet.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
    Who do you think that is?

The only guys I could think of aren't VP candidates and there aren't many.

Gingrich and West, any one else?

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Who do you think that is?

The only guys I could think of aren't VP candidates and there aren't many.

Gingrich and West, any one else?
    I dunno. I liked the idea of Rice. I really like the idea of Bobby Jindal. If we really are looking for someone to help carry a state why not McDonnell from Virginia or Chris Christie in NJ? If that is the criteria we really need Virginia to swing back our way and right now i am not sure I see it.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

Blog Entries

I dunno. I liked the idea of Rice. I really like the idea of Bobby Jindal. If we really are looking for someone to help carry a state why not McDonnell from Virginia or Chris Christie in NJ? If that is the criteria we really need Virginia to swing back our way and right now i am not sure I see it.

Are they attack dogs though (so to speak)?

I think McDonnell would be a good pick, his approval numbers (even among democrats) are good.

Christie will be an attack dog, but is a RINO.

I'd rather have someone who can attack and fight. Rubio is not ready for that yet.
    Obama didn't need Biden. Mitt DOES needs all the electoral math he can get. I am speaking of the specifics of this election, not of past ones.

And I am not sure where you two get your faith in Mitt carrying Florida automatically. Polling shows a dead heat. Broward, Palm Beach and Miami-Dade counties are the three most populous and carry a heavy Latino population. Obama handily won those three counties in 2008. There is nothing to suggest otherwise this go around.

Attack and fighting is all well and good but if the pick doesn't bring you votes, what's the point.

Blog Entries

Attack and fighting does get you votes. Or at least it get's you turn out amongst your base, a MAJOR problem in 2008.

I get my faith that he'll get Florida for a few reasons:
    1. The older population there is scared to death of Obamacare.
    2. Obama won it by just a few percentage points.
    3. In almost every state Obama has lost 10% support, except those with unemployment under the national average or hardcore left states. Florida is above the national average.

Obama didn't need Biden. Mitt DOES needs all the electoral math he can get. I am speaking of the specifics of this election, not of past ones.

And I am not sure where you two get your faith in Mitt carrying Florida automatically. Polling shows a dead heat. Broward, Palm Beach and Miami-Dade counties are the three most populous and carry a heavy Latino population. Obama handily won those three counties in 2008. There is nothing to suggest otherwise this go around.

Attack and fighting is all well and good but if the pick doesn't bring you votes, what's the point.
    This is also not 2008 and the enthusiasm of older Jewish voters isn't there, not to mention the fact that Florida IS a dead heat right now. It shouldn't be if Obama is expected to retain that state. He should be far enough ahead to counter anything Romney has. Not to mention Obama is emptying his war chest and its still not giving him an advantage. Florida still has a conservative panhandle and they can swing the state to Romney.

Rubio also does nothing outside if Florida. He isn't going to factor in either states with Hispanic voters. So again, if you are banking on picking up a state that you are afraid to lose, Virginia or NJ is your play.

I'd rather have someone who can appeal in multiple states. And someone at the same time who can rally both the conservative and moderate Republican base. The fact that Romney is the nominee and not an ultraconservative says that both parts of the party need to get in line here.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Attack and fighting does get you votes. Or at least it get's you turn out amongst your base, a MAJOR problem in 2008.

I get my faith that he'll get Florida for a few reasons:
    1. The older population there is scared to death of Obamacare.
    2. Obama won it by just a few percentage points.
    3. In almost every state Obama has lost 10% support, except those with unemployment under the national average or hardcore left states. Florida is above the national average.
    I dont get where you think Seniors are scared of Obamacare. They are far more worried about Ryan and his ilk or similar plans. Obamacare, amongst its numerous faults, continues to fund Medicare as-is, an issue sacred to seniors. They were split in 2008 because McCain, well, is a senior. This time around, they are going to go Obama. Seniors account for about 17% of the population. Hispanics are now at 22%.

The registration purge in Florida is only thing going for Mitt in Florida right now. Rubio secures Florida, plain and simple. With Florida secure, Mitt can then "Fight and attack" in other states.

Blog Entries

I dont get where you think Seniors are scared of Obamacare. They are far more worried about Ryan and his ilk or similar plans. Obamacare, amongst its numerous faults, continues to fund Medicare as-is, an issue sacred to seniors. They were split in 2008 because McCain, well, is a senior. This time around, they are going to go Obama. Seniors account for about 17% of the population. Hispanics are now at 22%.

The registration purge in Florida is only thing going for Mitt in Florida right now. Rubio secures Florida, plain and simple. With Florida secure, Mitt can then "Fight and attack" in other states.

I got that from surveys
    , and I agree about them being afraid of Ryan (Which is why he's a bad choice), but they shouldn't be, his changes aren't for anyone with 10 years of it, but I digress.

I have no idea where you get seniors went for McCain because he's a senior and will go Obama. Mitt's a senior too... Plus, let's not forget how much seniors are for traditional marriage and where our current President stands there.

I don't disagree Rubio secures Florida. IMO, I think Mitt is better off taken a chance in a state McCain lost bye 2.5% than he is in a state like Ohio a state he lost bye 4% or Virginia a state he lost by 5.7%.

Like I said earlier if polling (internal polling, fuck the biased media) Rubio increases any of the other swing states as well as Florida, than of course you take him.