Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Ravens to Garnish Half of Mckinnie's Net Wages

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Can anyone tell me why a #1 draft pick (7th overall in 2002), and has already played 10 years in the NFL as a starting LT, needs a lockout loan or can go broke?
    I guess there must be some explanation of a young man, who has made million$, can't control his spending habits. So many Americans have lost their jos and homes due to the financial crisis/economy, so I do not have any sympathy whatsoever for McKinnie's misfortunes. He's brought this upon himself... Bc
    When you play pro sports, you've entered the rareified air of "being a baller". You've got access to hot cars, hotter women, buying out the bar, access to everything material a number of men wish for...you're the man. I follow McKinnie on Twitter and can see that he likes all of the above. At the start of training camp, he was twitpicing flicks of him and Toccara. For people who don't come from means, or feel like this is part of parcel of being an athlete, it's the script - you've gotta shine. After a while, you make a rep for yourself and have to keep it up, or else the public is looking at you like "WTF happened to you??" Seems like Bryant let his excesses and maybe side ventures get the better of him. Hope he makes it out.
    "The Ravens could employ a war criminal and they would treat him like a f**king prince just because the rest of the world disapproved."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    How much is half of ZERO? ... Bc
    A very shitty amount.
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"

Maybe its all a game called McKinnies millions. He has to spend it all without telling anyone and have nothing to show for it and he gets a 100 mil. when he's done. Sounds like a familiar movie.

Who is dumb enough to borrow money from somebody called "Pro Player Funding" anyway? Talk about targeting innocent instant millionairres unused to their new found riches - sheesh!

I can see the TV commercials now ... Jamal, CMAC and McKinney are all on an MTA bus dressed as Norse opera stars.

"If you make fucking millions but you NEED CASH NOW!
    Call Pro Football Funding: 877 - CASH NOW!!!
    877 - CASH NOW!
    877 - CASH NOW!!!
    If you break the rules you can't make the rules.
    - Remove Coach Tomlin from the NFL Competition committee.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Fan Dan View Post
    Who is dumb enough to borrow money from somebody called "Pro Player Funding" anyway? Talk about targeting innocent instant millionairres unused to their new found riches - sheesh!

I can see the TV commercials now ... Jamal, CMAC and McKinney are all on an MTA bus dressed as Norse opera stars.

"If you make fucking millions but you NEED CASH NOW!
    Call Pro Football Funding: 877 - CASH NOW!!!
    877 - CASH NOW!
    877 - CASH NOW!!!
    Yeah, but this guy is a veteran, been in the league awhile, so he should have a handle on how to spend his money.

As for your commercial though,
    Last edited by flraven; 08-08-2012 at 02:27 PM. Reason: added emphasis
    "I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused" - Elvis Costello

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by flraven View Post
    Yeah, but this guy is a veteran, been in the league awhile, so he should have a handle on how to spend his money.

As for your commercial though,
    lol you realize its McKinnie we are talking about right? Think about the only he shown in his career he can consistently handle with maturity is a double whooper with cheese.

That said any player who puts out a jar in the locker room labeled Twinkie Fund is my new hero lol
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by 404Blackbird View Post
    For people who don't come from means, or feel like this is part of parcel of being an athlete, it's the script - you've gotta shine. After a while, you make a rep for yourself and have to keep it up, or else the public is looking at you like "WTF happened to you??" Seems like Bryant let his excesses and maybe side ventures get the better of him. Hope he makes it out.
    Exactly. And this extends into music and other forms of entertainment and other folks who get some money but are part of all that. There's alot of pressure to show that you came up and you're not like you used to be when you didn't have anything.

Hope he makes it out too.

Hopefully the newer generation will try to follow the lead of folks like Jay-Z, 50 Cent, LeBron James, Puffy, etc. Jay and Bron have met with Warren Buffett and are financial disciples. Puffy and 50 are well known investors. They're not just out there flossing then going broke from loan sharks. They're being smart with theirs.
    ---

Baltimore Colts (AAFC): 1947-1950
    Baltimore Colts (NFL): 1953-1984
    Baltimore Stars (USFL): 1985
    Baltimore Colts/Stallions (CFL): 1994-1995
    Baltimore Ravens (NFL): 1996-Present