I'm almost sure that I was not the only one who made it to the stadium for the practice yesterday. What were your observations?

I understand that you can't take a lot away from one day of practice. So, I went into it with the idea of getting confirmation for what I had been hearing so far.

For example, I had been hearing that Torrey Smith looks significantly better. From what I saw, he looks like a completely different WR now, compared to this same time last year. His routes are better and he is adding in some shorter routes. He is snatching the ball out of the air with his hands and seems to be playing with more confidence.

I had heard that Paul Kruger was having a great camp and you can see why. He is showing a good initial burst and good closed space quickness.

KO actually does look decent on the right side. Kruger was the only player that really gave him problems, but Kruger was giving everybody problems.

Nobody could move Terrance Cody. The man is headed toward a great season.

Lardarius Webb looks very good, so good that QBs will think more and more about whether or not they should challenge him.

Reed is Reed, signed autographs and talked with fans the majority of the time, but still came into the team drills and got picks.

Jacoby Jones looks like Jacoby Jones. In other words, he doesn't look as bad as I try to make him out to be, but he doesn't look great either. What you saw from him in Houston is still what he looks like. Catch one, drop one, any route other than the nine is not crisp for the most part.

Joe is on the money. The ball will be where it needs to be. It's just a matter of whether or not it will be caught. The only time Joe had any sort of trouble at all is when he challenged Webb or Reed. Otherwise............

I want Pitta back week 1, these TEs can't catch.

The offensive line still gives up too much push in pass protection, but they did not look bad either.

There are only two real issues that could face the offense. The main one is pass protection. The other is catching the football consistently.