Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Observations from practice at the stadium

I'm almost sure that I was not the only one who made it to the stadium for the practice yesterday. What were your observations?

I understand that you can't take a lot away from one day of practice. So, I went into it with the idea of getting confirmation for what I had been hearing so far.

For example, I had been hearing that Torrey Smith looks significantly better. From what I saw, he looks like a completely different WR now, compared to this same time last year. His routes are better and he is adding in some shorter routes. He is snatching the ball out of the air with his hands and seems to be playing with more confidence.

I had heard that Paul Kruger was having a great camp and you can see why. He is showing a good initial burst and good closed space quickness.

KO actually does look decent on the right side. Kruger was the only player that really gave him problems, but Kruger was giving everybody problems.

Nobody could move Terrance Cody. The man is headed toward a great season.

Lardarius Webb looks very good, so good that QBs will think more and more about whether or not they should challenge him.

Reed is Reed, signed autographs and talked with fans the majority of the time, but still came into the team drills and got picks.

Jacoby Jones looks like Jacoby Jones. In other words, he doesn't look as bad as I try to make him out to be, but he doesn't look great either. What you saw from him in Houston is still what he looks like. Catch one, drop one, any route other than the nine is not crisp for the most part.

Joe is on the money. The ball will be where it needs to be. It's just a matter of whether or not it will be caught. The only time Joe had any sort of trouble at all is when he challenged Webb or Reed. Otherwise............

I want Pitta back week 1, these TEs can't catch.

The offensive line still gives up too much push in pass protection, but they did not look bad either.

There are only two real issues that could face the offense. The main one is pass protection. The other is catching the football consistently.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Re: Observations from practice at the stadium

Upshaw, Smith (Jimmy) and Williams (Cary) did not practice.

Suggs was seen, still limping.

Even if Dickson has the same issues as last year, he might win the starting TE spot in Pitta's absence, by default. These TEs cannot catch.

Graham did not look bad, but he still looked like safety was his primary position.

Streeter looked decent. The talent is there. He just needs to, like most young players, learn about professionalism, finishing routes even when you don't expect the pass to come your way. Of course, his routes need work, but the talent is definitely there.

Tyrod Taylor is struggling to see the field. Within ten yards, he is fine. Beyond that, he is either going to hold onto the ball and get sacked, or scramble.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

What did you make of Sergio Kindle Ex?

iggyman555 Guest

kindle and booby williams? back up RB?

Thanks, Ex, good stuff. But . . hey . . . wait . . . :

"There are only two real issues that could face the offense. The main one is pass protection. The other is catching the football consistently." Isn't that comment from last year?

Blog Entries

Sergio Kindle looked like the athlete that they drafted. However, it was more difficult to gauge how well he was grasping his assignments and so forth. If he continues to work hard, with Kruger taking over Johnson's spot, I don't see why Kindle can't take over Kruger's role from last season. However, Albert McClellan will have a lot to say about that.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post

Even if Dickson has the same issues as last year, he might win the starting TE spot in Pitta's absence, by default.
    Orly? I never would have though Dickson would start over the rest of those no name journeymen/soon to be cut TE's. lol...Sorry...couldn't help it Ex...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Even if Dickson has the same issues as last year, he might win the starting TE spot in Pitta's absence, by default. These TEs cannot catch.
    Pitta was playing catch with Doss...1 handed.

Pitta should start week 1. With one hand or two.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post

:grbac:

Blog Entries

There are only two real issues that could face the offense. The main one is pass protection. The other is catching the football consistently.

Sounds like the same old offense to me. Can you say Oher
    and Evans?

Blog Entries

That actually happened a few years ago with Mason playing literaly with 1 arm in a sling.

Remember the separated shoulder and the game vs Dallas, I think it was?

Ray called him a warrior.

Time for Pitta to step up with 1 arm.

Hey, they got a guy running in the olympics with no legs.

Blog Entries

I didn't see much of Dickson. I thought he got his eye poked early on. How many passes did he drop? For the rest of practice all the 3rd-6th string TEs dropped EVERYTHING.
    "A lot" is a two word expression denoting a great deal or greatly, as in "I like sunshine a lot." "Alot" is a lovable imaginary grammar monster. You can love a lot; you can love an alot; you can love alots a lot; but they are not the same thing.