Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: According to McKinnie...

Harbaugh is the one who was skeptical. That and McKinnie not reporting on time is what led to the speculation. Seems reasonable to me

Anyone know what the max. time for WR's and DB's for the conditioning test is?

McKinnie is probably a miserable, unmotivated dummy who has squandered his God-given physical ability. He is also at the moment probably the best LT on the team. I think he can give the team one more reasonable year. It's up to the FO to use that time to find his replacement.

Again, people that saw him this offseason all have said that he looked slimmer at various points.

Maybe he didn't lose 50 pounds at the rate some of you wanted, but the guy was in the process of losing weight.

Blog Entries

If McKinnie gets himself into shape and is ready to go for the season, does anyone think that the Ravens will still make him pay that fine? I doubt they will.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Again, people that saw him this offseason all have said that he looked slimmer at various points.

Maybe he didn't lose 50 pounds at the rate some of you wanted, but the guy was in the process of losing weight.
    He had his Dr call out of work for him. Harbs was obviously pissed about that. Maybe he lost his weight, maybe he is ready to roll. But its hard to trust a man that can't make the phone call himself. We all want him in shape for the sake of the team, but we all also want him to be motivated and ready to roll come September.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    If McKinnie gets himself into shape and is ready to go for the season, does anyone think that the Ravens will still make him pay that fine? I doubt they will.
    AND if pigs could fly they would be... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by bmorebirds_24 View Post
    He had his Dr call out of work for him. Harbs was obviously pissed about that. Maybe he lost his weight, maybe he is ready to roll. But its hard to trust a man that can't make the phone call himself. We all want him in shape for the sake of the team, but we all also want him to be motivated and ready to roll come September.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
    Some of you are arguing a point that I never, ever made.

I am ONLY talking about his weight.

NOT whether he had a good excuse to go AWOL last week. I am not debating that he is an idiot and was completely unprofessional with the way he handled the AWOL situation. I TOTALLY AGREE with that.

My only point was for the people who tried to make it out as if he let himself go this offseason and/or didn't lose any weight and tried to use that as his excuse.

I think the real answer is he's an idiot and he's used to teams/people taking his bullshit. NOT that he was a fat piece of shit who sat on his couch and ate burrito's all day.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    I would. It's not like he has anymore money coming to him. Why should the Ravens go out of their way to keep McKinnie happy? Let him earn his paycheck

Blog Entries

A little satanic advocacy here:

Would any of the negative chatter here have been any different if McKinnie had called in himself with a story about how he hurt his back? Doubtful. Most of the same folks who ordered the pitchers of Haterade would've been insinuating (or flat out claiming) he was lying so he could stay away for a few more days.

It is at least possible that McKinnie wanted the doc to call the team in order to prevent that sort of reaction ("I'm his doctor & I'm treating him for a back problem" would seem to carry a bit more credibility than "Coach, I hurt my back").

The only problem I have with having the doc call is its lateness. I haven't reviewed the timeline but it's at least possible that there is a good (or at least plausible) reason the doc couldn't make the call until when he did, or that McKinnie didn't impress upon him the need to do it ASAP.

Blog Entries

On another note, should we at least start to become concerned with Birk? He has yet to practice, and according to Harbaugh, it's back spasms.

http://twitter.com/RavensInsider

Blog Entries

[QUOTE=Terpsfan82;469659]On another note, should we at least start to become concerned with Birk? He has yet to practice, and according to Harbaugh, it's back spasms.

I am, based on last year, how the knee surgery was last minute. Hopefully it is nothing, holding a vet out a day or two I can roll with, as it gets longer I get concerned there is a structural component also at work. Fortunately Birk can get ready quick, unfortunately his older body doesn't heal as fast anymore.
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old