View Poll Results: Tebow or Sanchez?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sanchez

4 66.67%
  • Tebow

2 33.33%
    Blog Entries

If you were the Jets, who would you want to start?

Tebow or Sanchez?

Frankly, I think Sanchez is garbage, but he is a better passing QB than Tebow is.

However, I would go with Tebow all day long and not think twice about it. He isn't an amazing passing QB by any stretch of the imagination, but he improvs better than probably any QB in the league right now and more importantly, he's not a douche bag child like Sanchez appears to be.

Sure, Santonio Holmes may get pissed off by not getting good passes as much, but he's a d-bag to begin with so that's going to be expected.

I don't know. I think a lot of the Jets would be more willing to get behind Tebow as opposed to Sanchez.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Re: If you were the Jets, who would you want to start?

No brainer, Sanchez is the QB and if they get him into bootlegs and rolling out like in college he should be fine. The problem is that they are so streaky as a team (win 3 followed by 3 losses) and that'll get the Tebow fans out. He's simply not an NFL QB but he could be an asset in the red zone for sure.

The bigger problem that they have is no receivers; their roster is extremely thin in that position.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    No brainer, Sanchez is the QB and if they get him into bootlegs and rolling out like in college he should be fine. The problem is that they are so streaky as a team (win 3 followed by 3 losses) and that'll get the Tebow fans out. He's simply not an NFL QB but he could be an asset in the red zone for sure.

The bigger problem that they have is no receivers; their roster is extremely thin in that position.
    See, I just don't see Sanchez as ever really being an effective QB. He doesn't have a big arm, which makes it tough for him in that inclement weather he'll see in New England, New York, and Buffalo, and he's far too immature to handle being a starting QB in the NFL.

What Denver did last year with Tebow was pretty impressive. It wasn't pretty, but the Broncos were not a team many thought would get into the playoffs, let alone beat the Steelers in the playoffs.

I'm not at all a Sanchez fan, but he was ok last year. Tebow was terrible, but the defense kept him in games, and he was generally able to make some plays at the end to get a win. Even then, it seems like they relied on fluky plays to get some of those wins.

Also, the Steelers were a wounded duck with the Roethlisberger injury. There's no way the Broncos win that game if Roethlisberger is healthy.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Cactus View Post
    I'm not at all a Sanchez fan, but he was ok last year. Tebow was terrible, but the defense kept him in games, and he was generally able to make some plays at the end to get a win. Even then, it seems like they relied on fluky plays to get some of those wins.

Also, the Steelers were a wounded duck with the Roethlisberger injury. There's no way the Broncos win that game if Roethlisberger is healthy.
    I wouldn't say he was terrible. I'd say by normal "passing QB" standards he wasn't that great, but when he rolled out and improvised he was pretty good.

And the Steelers game wasn't on Roethlisberger...the defense gave that game away. They challenged Tebow to throw the ball and he hit D. Thomas in stride and let him do the rest. I'm not saying it was pretty, but he did throw for 316 yards and rushed for another 50 with 3 total TD's.

I don't think that Tebow will ever be a truly effective QB in the NFL, but he's someone that can command the offense and make enough plays to win games. Sometimes that's more important than a QB who throws a pretty ball, but has no character.

Blog Entries

I'm sure this thread will be moved but it's an interesting topic and I hope it doesn't get buried.

Can Tebow become a NFL level passer who completes 60% of his passes? Not from what I've seen. He is a tremendous leader and players are better when they play with him but the skill just doesn't seem to be there.

Sanchez at least has some potential if he can develop a head for the position. He's 25 and always seemed somewhat immature. Part of the Tebow plan is that it will force Sanchez to grow up. He's going to see how hard Tebow works and want to prove that he can do the same damn thing. Big risk in my opinion and I'm glad we're not in this situation. The Jets could wind up blowing the whole thing up if this doesn't work.

Blog Entries

It's funny how you think Sanchez is so terrible and Flacco great, when in reality their stats are very close. Just look at last year.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/12482/mark-sanchez
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/11252/joe-flacco

Not trying to make this about Flacco just using it as a comparison

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Tebow is just a joke, honestly it is a disgrace that he is playing the QB position. Tebow needs to convert to some sort of H back, or even just a RB, because I actually think he has the potential to excel in those positions.

As for Sanchez, I think he's a garbage QB too. Huge character issues as a starting QB for a team like the New York Jets, and has a very weak arm. He is pretty under sized too, and isn't very mobile. That's the one think a weak armed QB should have IMO, mobility, and the ability to get out of the pocket and make plays. Take the game against us back in week 4, he was blaming his center for those dropped snaps, when it was clearly on him, he was just too focused on our defense that night, but he tries to put the blame on an undrafted rookie center. Sanchez is barely better than Colt McCoy tbh.

So between the two it's hard, but better go with the devil you know. If they start Tebow, things could go disastrously wrong for them, and Rex knows that he can't afford to miss the play offs this year. IMO the Jets will be looking for a new QB next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    It's funny how you think Sanchez is so terrible and Flacco great, when in reality their stats are very close. Just look at last year.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/12482/mark-sanchez
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/11252/joe-flacco

Not trying to make this about Flacco just using it as a comparison

Please define close. Flacco's completion percentage last year of 57.6% was his only year below 60%. It is still better than Mark Sanchez best completion percentage of 56.7%

Over the last 3 years, Sanchez has thrown 55 touchdowns and 51 interceptions. Flacco over the same period has thrown 66 TDs and 34 interceptions. So over the same time period thats 11 more touchdowns and 17 less interceptions. Over the last 3 years Joe Flacco's QB rating is 87.8 and Sanchez is 73.2. In total yards over the last 3 years Flacco has thrown for 10,845 to Sanchez' 9209. That comes out to Joe throwing for an average of 545 yards more per season than Sanchez. About the only category where Sanchez is better than Flacco is fumbles. Even looking at just last year, Flacco's worst since his rookie year, his stats were still better than Sanchez's who looked like he had his best year as a pro. And statistics aside, Joe had some awrful games last year but he had 2 great games against the Steelers and he played well in the playoffs.

Maybe Sanchez steps it up this year. I kind of doubt it but who knows. But Flacco and Sanchez are not close. Flacco might be the 10th or 12th best QB in the league, Sanchez is probably closer to the 18-22 range. Tebow is 34th.

Sanchez needs a fleet of speedy, big receivers to have success.

Tebow needs a great defense to complement the running game.

Who would I choose? Probably Tebow, because Sanchez appears to be an a-hole. I don't think either one has much of a future at QB in general or in NY in particular.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Blog Entries

The Jets fans in my office all want Sanchez. Tebow is thought of as better throwing version of Brad Smith

Blog Entries

This reminds me of Dilfer and Grbac. Grbac was the better thrower. Dilfer was the tougher and grittier player whose teammates respected him and were willing to go to battle with him.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore