View Poll Results: Does-Deonte-Thompson-make-the-final-roster?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

8 44.44%
  • NO

10 55.56%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Does Deonte Thompson make the final roster?

Quote Originally Posted by trailhiker85 View Post
    I've often heard it said that Streeter would be a target for other teams if the Ravens attempted to put him on the PS. If the Ravens think that's true, it's a point in Streeter's favor over Thompson for making the final 53. But I think it's far too early to say about the relative merits of these two. To make the team, Streeter doesn't necessarily have to separate himself from Thompson in pre-season. But on the other hand, Thompson could possibly get that spot if the reverse becomes true and he separates himself from Streeter, provided Deonte can contribute on ST. Neither guy is assured of anything. This could be interesting.
    If they really don't want to lose one, one or both will have a mysterious injury and be put on IR after cut day.

iggyman555 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Irish Raven View Post
    Fair chance Streeter will get snapped up if they try to stash him on the PS

I'd be sickened if some team takes our 6th round pick

Fair enough if the coaches think Streeter needs time to develop and isn't ready this year but surely they would do a nudge nudge wink wink IR
    i like that

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    If they really don't want to lose one, one or both will have a mysterious injury and be put on IR after cut day.
    Wouldn't be at all surprised.

In any case, the next few weeks will be interesting and I hope we get to see both guys being targeted during preseason games.

iggyman555 Guest

cerrato is crushing streeter on the radio, saying he didnt look good at all in camp, according to him he doesnt have the "fire"...streeter also got in trouble with the coaches yesterday

No guarantee that Doss & Williams will make the active roster
    After 5 years of early exits, the journey is finally complete.

Quote Originally Posted by SC_Raven_Fan View Post
    No guarantee that Doss & Williams will make the active roster
    Not guaranteed, but unless two starting WRs get cut AND land on our roster somehow, both Doss and Williams will definitely make it, if they are healthy. Even if not healthy, Williams will make it on b/c he has ST experience.

An unhealthy Doss is at great risk.
    An unhealthy Williams is at less risk.
    Williams will have to isht-the-bed in the PS games in order to not make the roster.

Blog Entries

Guys with Thompson's measurables and comparable athleticism, combined with questionable hands, are easier to find. Guys like that Streeter's size, whose hand issues may be more to coming out early and adjusting, etc., naw, he ain't surviving on the PS.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore