Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Mt. Cody - down to 341lbs.

What is it with you guys? I'm glad our nose guard isn't ripped, otherwise he'd be whipped around like a rag doll. Show me a HOF nose guard who is "in good shape". These are fat athletes, and it's really incredible what they can do at their size, and they have immense amounts of power and strength, but you got to remember what nose guards are for. They need to plug holes and running lanes, and to do that you need to be pretty damn big.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Well, I don't know many 350+ lb guys that are ripped.
    :word

Blog Entries

Attachment 1041
    Are you thinking of Andre Smith? He did that...dont remember Cody doing that.
    :o
    You are correct. I did remember Cody and tried verifying with a Google search. Gave me images of Cody at the weigh-in but also put in pictures of Andre's run.... I never followed those pictures to find out that Google was giving me moob combine and ignoring Terrance Cody combine moob....
    I can edit my post but not the quote, so adding correction here.

From everything I have heard, Cody is a RAVEN and erased any doubts in our minds
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheJoeFlaccoShow View Post
    Cody will never get to a Pro Bowl as long as Ngata plays right beside him...
    The goal is the Super Bowl. Who really cares about the over-blown Pro Bowl anyway? ... Bc

Well, I don't know many 350+ lb guys that are ripped.
    Bodybuilder+Wallpapers+Free+Download+HD+-+Gym1.jpg
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid

I don't know why but that has me incapable of stopping my laughing...

- C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by psuasskicker View Post
    I don't know why but that has me incapable of stopping my laughing...

- C -
    Markus Ruhl might be one of the heaviest body builders of all time. He is 5'10" and during competitions he weighed around 295lbs and "off-peak" body weight was around 325-330lbs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Markus_R%C3%BChl

Lou Ferrigno was 6'5" and about 300lbs (265-275 during competition).

Here you go:

Derek Poundstone (World's Strongest Man competitor from Waterbury Conn). He's 6'1" 341lbs.

Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

How heavy was Jay Cutler (the body builder)?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    How heavy was Jay Cutler (the body builder)?
    It's so funny to me because when you look at magazines or see these guys on TV they look fucking enormous, but in reality they're all quite short (for the most part). That's why guys like Arnold and Ferrigno were so popular back in the 60's, 70's, and 80's because not only were they chiseled and BIG, but they were tall too. Arnold is like 6'2", Ferrigno is 6'5".

Jay Cutler is 5'9" and competition weight is around 270lbs. Off-season is 300-310.
    Ronnie Coleman is widely considered one of the strongest body builders of all time. He's 5'11" and competes around 290lbs and has off-season weights of 320-330lbs.
    Kai Greene is another one. He's 5'8" and competes around 280lbs and has off-season weight around 300.

Blog Entries

I knew that Ronnie Coleman was only like 5'11 lmao. Never knew Jay Cutler was 5'9 though. Weighing that much at that height is incredible though. I also can't believe that Ronnie is a cop either.

I wonder how good these guys could be playing offensive guard or center, I know that most guards and centers are 6'1 at the very shortest. But these guys are so strong, and would get lower on those defensive tackles and drive them back. Interior linemen generally don't have the longest of arms either.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I knew that Ronnie Coleman was only like 5'11 lmao. Never knew Jay Cutler was 5'9 though. Weighing that much at that height is incredible though. I also can't believe that Ronnie is a cop either.

I wonder how good these guys could be playing offensive guard or center, I know that most guards and centers are 6'1 at the very shortest. But these guys are so strong, and would get lower on those defensive tackles and drive them back. Interior linemen generally don't have the longest of arms either.
    They have too much muscle mass to be functional athletes; just remember all those muscles need to be supplied with oxygen and with that much muscle they're sure to get tired after like two plays.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by s.r.genovese View Post
    They have too much muscle mass to be functional athletes; just remember all those muscles need to be supplied with oxygen and with that much muscle they're sure to get tired after like two plays.
    Which is why most body builders do very little cardio routines.

Most professional body builders will ride a bike or walk on the treadmill for about 10 min before they lift and maybe 1 workout session they may ride a stationary bike for about 20 minutes.