Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Mt. Cody - down to 341lbs.

He's trying to be a 3-down lineman this year.

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/News/...ew_Person.aspx

“I just feel like a new person out there,” Cody said after the most physical practice yet on Monday. “I’m able to run around and play a whole practice. It’s a totally different me – lighter, in shape.”
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Re: Mt. Cody - down to 341lbs.

335 to 341 doesn't really matter but better conditioning is huge. That's great to read

Blog Entries

During the 2010 NFL draft, some thought Mt. Cody was a 1st round draft choice. I personally liked him a lot at that time. The fact that Ozzie got him in the 2nd round (#57 overall) was a steal IMO. Now that he's got two seasons under his (rather large) belt, I believe he may be the next defensive jewel in the Ravens crown. Oh, he won't get many statistics, but he will eat up Olinemen/space like cheese burgers. His domination of the interior line, will let guys like a (lighter/faster) Ray Lewis clean up... Bc

Sounds like he's on the program and "playing like a Raven." Great to hear!
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Blog Entries

He was always going to be a project at the size he was coming out of college. However, I agree with BcRaven, it may not quite seem like it now, but Terrence Cody is going to be our NT for years to come, and I think will eventually turn out to be a steal for where we got him. I'm not saying he's going to be as good as Vince Wilfolk or Haloti Ngata or anything, but I can see him being as good as a young Casey Hampton.

Of course everything about his character has so far checked out as a true Raven, hard working, and a charismatic good guy. That is no surprise from the programme he came out of, I hope the Ravens continue to draft these hard working Alabama guys.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    He was always going to be a project at the size he was coming out of college. However, I agree with BcRaven, it may not quite seem like it now, but Terrence Cody is going to be our NT for years to come, and I think will eventually turn out to be a steal for where we got him. I'm not saying he's going to be as good as Vince Wilfolk or Haloti Ngata or anything, but I can see him being as good as a young Casey Hampton.

Of course everything about his character has so far checked out as a true Raven, hard working, and a charismatic good guy. That is no surprise from the programme he came out of, I hope the Ravens continue to draft these hard working Alabama guys.
    Hampton is a 5 time pro-bowler. Cody will never be that good but he will be solid and constantly working on bettering himself. I was one of those people who wanted Cody at the bottom of round 1. Still thrilled he's on the team

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Hampton is a 5 time pro-bowler. Cody will never be that good but he will be solid and constantly working on bettering himself. I was one of those people who wanted Cody at the bottom of round 1. Still thrilled he's on the team
    Well, I don't know, what did Casey do in his first two years Cody hasn't done? Hampton got voted to the pro bowl in his third season, not saying Cody is going to the pro bowl this year, but I wouldn't rule it out either. The league isn't filled with the best true NT's anymore, can't think of many young elite NT's in the league right now.

Besides, we all know the pro bowl isn't a true measure of how effective/good a player is.

iggyman555 Guest

i think his biggest obstacle in the NFL was that his hand work wasn't as good as other NTs, he got by in college because of his size...i hope his arm work got better so he can take on linemen and drive them.
    i think he will have a very good year also!

Well, I don't know, what did Casey do in his first two years Cody hasn't done? Hampton got voted to the pro bowl in his third season, not saying Cody is going to the pro bowl this year, but I wouldn't rule it out either. The league isn't filled with the best true NT's anymore, can't think of many young elite NT's in the league right now.

Besides, we all know the pro bowl isn't a true measure of how effective/good a player is.
    Cody will never get to a Pro Bowl as long as Ngata plays right beside him.

Of course, Pro Bowls are completely worthless anyway.

awful thing to read, yet so true
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJoeFlaccoShow View Post
    Cody will never get to a Pro Bowl as long as Ngata plays right beside him.

Of course, Pro Bowls are completely worthless anyway.

Blog Entries

That's the conflicting thing about Terrance Cody. The one guy who will probably help him learn good hand technique and make him a better overall NT is Haloti Ngata. However, when the Pro Bowl voting arrives, he will likely be overshadowed by Ngata himself. The one chance that he has of making the Pro Bowl is learning from Haloti Ngata, but he might not since Ngata is already established.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Casey had more tackles and some sacks. I like Cody a lot but I just think comparing him to Hampton is aiming too high.

Jason Fegurson was such a good NT that Bill Parcells would make sure to bring him in anywhere he went. Ferguson played 13 years for the Jets, Cowboys and Dolphins. He was the perfect 3-4 NT though I'm sure most haven't even heard of him. If Cody ends like Jason Ferguson he will have had a hell of career.