Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Mt. Cody - down to 341lbs.

He's trying to be a 3-down lineman this year.

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/News/...ew_Person.aspx

“I just feel like a new person out there,” Cody said after the most physical practice yet on Monday. “I’m able to run around and play a whole practice. It’s a totally different me – lighter, in shape.”
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Re: Mt. Cody - down to 341lbs.

335 to 341 doesn't really matter but better conditioning is huge. That's great to read

Blog Entries

During the 2010 NFL draft, some thought Mt. Cody was a 1st round draft choice. I personally liked him a lot at that time. The fact that Ozzie got him in the 2nd round (#57 overall) was a steal IMO. Now that he's got two seasons under his (rather large) belt, I believe he may be the next defensive jewel in the Ravens crown. Oh, he won't get many statistics, but he will eat up Olinemen/space like cheese burgers. His domination of the interior line, will let guys like a (lighter/faster) Ray Lewis clean up... Bc

Sounds like he's on the program and "playing like a Raven." Great to hear!
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Blog Entries

He was always going to be a project at the size he was coming out of college. However, I agree with BcRaven, it may not quite seem like it now, but Terrence Cody is going to be our NT for years to come, and I think will eventually turn out to be a steal for where we got him. I'm not saying he's going to be as good as Vince Wilfolk or Haloti Ngata or anything, but I can see him being as good as a young Casey Hampton.

Of course everything about his character has so far checked out as a true Raven, hard working, and a charismatic good guy. That is no surprise from the programme he came out of, I hope the Ravens continue to draft these hard working Alabama guys.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    He was always going to be a project at the size he was coming out of college. However, I agree with BcRaven, it may not quite seem like it now, but Terrence Cody is going to be our NT for years to come, and I think will eventually turn out to be a steal for where we got him. I'm not saying he's going to be as good as Vince Wilfolk or Haloti Ngata or anything, but I can see him being as good as a young Casey Hampton.

Of course everything about his character has so far checked out as a true Raven, hard working, and a charismatic good guy. That is no surprise from the programme he came out of, I hope the Ravens continue to draft these hard working Alabama guys.
    Hampton is a 5 time pro-bowler. Cody will never be that good but he will be solid and constantly working on bettering himself. I was one of those people who wanted Cody at the bottom of round 1. Still thrilled he's on the team

My daughter and I met him last year and stated to him that this year will be his breakout year. His handler said he was good now I said next year will be a whole new level. Looks like he's going to prove us right.

LOl some guys just aren't meant to be 3 down lineman... Mt Cody knows what his Job is.. Him sliming down is not only good for him as a Dlineman, its great for him as a person. I'm happy he's down. This will help his endurance a lot as well.
    Lardarius "The predator" Webb

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rxdoxx
    Can't speak for the scouts or war rooms, but IMO Cody's image took a major nosedive in the eyes of football fans in general when he ran the 40 at the combine without a shirt.
    Flailing moobs seared in minds.

Now for me and probably most of us, we have watched his physique and play improve to the point where that combine becomes more of a curiosity. He is going to have to get good national exposure, not only for fan voting, but also for the opinions of a number of sports writers/commentators that have such a high opinion of their opions they never research or check facts.

I think Cody can be better than Gregg (and I really liked Gregg) but be just as overlooked (except by the people lining up against him gameday).

We win a SB, his pro-bowl voted will go up.
    Are you thinking of Andre Smith? He did that...dont remember Cody doing that.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Are you thinking of Andre Smith? He did that...dont remember Cody doing that.
    Agree. Cody did have a pic taken of him with his shirt off.

Both he and Andre Smith looked less than impressive.

Blog Entries

Well, I don't know many 350+ lb guys that are ripped.

Blog Entries

What is it with you guys? I'm glad our nose guard isn't ripped, otherwise he'd be whipped around like a rag doll. Show me a HOF nose guard who is "in good shape". These are fat athletes, and it's really incredible what they can do at their size, and they have immense amounts of power and strength, but you got to remember what nose guards are for. They need to plug holes and running lanes, and to do that you need to be pretty damn big.