Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 39
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    31,857
    Blog Entries
    3

    Mt. Cody - down to 341lbs.



    He's trying to be a 3-down lineman this year.

    http://www.baltimoreravens.com/News/...ew_Person.aspx


    “I just feel like a new person out there,” Cody said after the most physical practice yet on Monday. “I’m able to run around and play a whole practice. It’s a totally different me – lighter, in shape.”
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger



    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Wilton, CT
    Posts
    16,037
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Mt. Cody - down to 341lbs.

    335 to 341 doesn't really matter but better conditioning is huge. That's great to read
    He Who Dares.....Wins




  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    8,177
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Mt. Cody - down to 341lbs.

    During the 2010 NFL draft, some thought Mt. Cody was a 1st round draft choice. I personally liked him a lot at that time. The fact that Ozzie got him in the 2nd round (#57 overall) was a steal IMO. Now that he's got two seasons under his (rather large) belt, I believe he may be the next defensive jewel in the Ravens crown. Oh, he won't get many statistics, but he will eat up Olinemen/space like cheese burgers. His domination of the interior line, will let guys like a (lighter/faster) Ray Lewis clean up... Bc




  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Stevensville, MD
    Posts
    1,587

    Re: Mt. Cody - down to 341lbs.

    Sounds like he's on the program and "playing like a Raven." Great to hear!
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...





  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    "Merry old England"
    Posts
    9,307
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Mt. Cody - down to 341lbs.

    He was always going to be a project at the size he was coming out of college. However, I agree with BcRaven, it may not quite seem like it now, but Terrence Cody is going to be our NT for years to come, and I think will eventually turn out to be a steal for where we got him. I'm not saying he's going to be as good as Vince Wilfolk or Haloti Ngata or anything, but I can see him being as good as a young Casey Hampton.

    Of course everything about his character has so far checked out as a true Raven, hard working, and a charismatic good guy. That is no surprise from the programme he came out of, I hope the Ravens continue to draft these hard working Alabama guys.




  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Wilton, CT
    Posts
    16,037
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Mt. Cody - down to 341lbs.

    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    He was always going to be a project at the size he was coming out of college. However, I agree with BcRaven, it may not quite seem like it now, but Terrence Cody is going to be our NT for years to come, and I think will eventually turn out to be a steal for where we got him. I'm not saying he's going to be as good as Vince Wilfolk or Haloti Ngata or anything, but I can see him being as good as a young Casey Hampton.

    Of course everything about his character has so far checked out as a true Raven, hard working, and a charismatic good guy. That is no surprise from the programme he came out of, I hope the Ravens continue to draft these hard working Alabama guys.
    Hampton is a 5 time pro-bowler. Cody will never be that good but he will be solid and constantly working on bettering himself. I was one of those people who wanted Cody at the bottom of round 1. Still thrilled he's on the team
    He Who Dares.....Wins




  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    "Merry old England"
    Posts
    9,307
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Mt. Cody - down to 341lbs.

    Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Hampton is a 5 time pro-bowler. Cody will never be that good but he will be solid and constantly working on bettering himself. I was one of those people who wanted Cody at the bottom of round 1. Still thrilled he's on the team
    Well, I don't know, what did Casey do in his first two years Cody hasn't done? Hampton got voted to the pro bowl in his third season, not saying Cody is going to the pro bowl this year, but I wouldn't rule it out either. The league isn't filled with the best true NT's anymore, can't think of many young elite NT's in the league right now.

    Besides, we all know the pro bowl isn't a true measure of how effective/good a player is.




  8. #8
    iggyman555 Guest

    Re: Mt. Cody - down to 341lbs.

    i think his biggest obstacle in the NFL was that his hand work wasn't as good as other NTs, he got by in college because of his size...i hope his arm work got better so he can take on linemen and drive them.
    i think he will have a very good year also!




  9. #9

    Re: Mt. Cody - down to 341lbs.

    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Well, I don't know, what did Casey do in his first two years Cody hasn't done? Hampton got voted to the pro bowl in his third season, not saying Cody is going to the pro bowl this year, but I wouldn't rule it out either. The league isn't filled with the best true NT's anymore, can't think of many young elite NT's in the league right now.

    Besides, we all know the pro bowl isn't a true measure of how effective/good a player is.
    Cody will never get to a Pro Bowl as long as Ngata plays right beside him.

    Of course, Pro Bowls are completely worthless anyway.




  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Posts
    2,812

    Re: Mt. Cody - down to 341lbs.

    awful thing to read, yet so true
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJoeFlaccoShow View Post
    Cody will never get to a Pro Bowl as long as Ngata plays right beside him.

    Of course, Pro Bowls are completely worthless anyway.




  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Land of Verdite
    Posts
    13,346
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Mt. Cody - down to 341lbs.

    That's the conflicting thing about Terrance Cody. The one guy who will probably help him learn good hand technique and make him a better overall NT is Haloti Ngata. However, when the Pro Bowl voting arrives, he will likely be overshadowed by Ngata himself. The one chance that he has of making the Pro Bowl is learning from Haloti Ngata, but he might not since Ngata is already established.
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"




  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Wilton, CT
    Posts
    16,037
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Mt. Cody - down to 341lbs.

    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Well, I don't know, what did Casey do in his first two years Cody hasn't done? Hampton got voted to the pro bowl in his third season, not saying Cody is going to the pro bowl this year, but I wouldn't rule it out either. The league isn't filled with the best true NT's anymore, can't think of many young elite NT's in the league right now.

    Besides, we all know the pro bowl isn't a true measure of how effective/good a player is.
    Casey had more tackles and some sacks. I like Cody a lot but I just think comparing him to Hampton is aiming too high.

    Jason Fegurson was such a good NT that Bill Parcells would make sure to bring him in anywhere he went. Ferguson played 13 years for the Jets, Cowboys and Dolphins. He was the perfect 3-4 NT though I'm sure most haven't even heard of him. If Cody ends like Jason Ferguson he will have had a hell of career.
    He Who Dares.....Wins




  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    "Merry old England"
    Posts
    9,307
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Mt. Cody - down to 341lbs.

    Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Casey had more tackles and some sacks. I like Cody a lot but I just think comparing him to Hampton is aiming too high.

    Jason Fegurson was such a good NT that Bill Parcells would make sure to bring him in anywhere he went. Ferguson played 13 years for the Jets, Cowboys and Dolphins. He was the perfect 3-4 NT though I'm sure most haven't even heard of him. If Cody ends like Jason Ferguson he will have had a hell of career.
    Yeah Cody didn't get many snaps in his rookie year like Hampton did. Looking back at their statistics, Cody racked up 34 total tackles in 2011, Hampton had 41 tackles in his second year, and two sacks. So yeah maybe it is a little unfair at this point to compare them, but who knows with a better conditioned Cody, time will tell. I still think 1 or 2 pro bowls isn't out of the question though.




  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    31,857
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Mt. Cody - down to 341lbs.

    I don't think there is any reason why Cody can't develop into a NT that is as good as guys like Hampton, Raji, and Wilfork.

    Wilfork is interesting though because he's got such a low center of gravity, but his feet are stupid quick. You don't see many men his size with quick feet like that.

    Cody is also a different animal because not only is he so big, but he's tall as well. Wilfork and Hampton are both under 6'2" and Cody is between 6'4" and 6'5". It's a lot harder for him to get underneath OL'men than it is for guys like Wilfork and Hampton. Raji is kind of in that same boat at right around 6'2".
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger



    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    over by the dental floss bush
    Posts
    17,949
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Mt. Cody - down to 341lbs.

    with the loss of Redding and McKinney, he has the perfect opportunity. Sure hope he takes advantage
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland