FILMSTUDY: A closer look at Ravens LG Bobbie Williams

Bobbie Williams was signed as an unrestricted free agent this off season and is among the options to play left guard for the Ravens in 2012. In 2011, Williams played in parts of 8 games from weeks 5-14. He played every snap for 8 straight games before he broke his ankle in week 14 versus the Texans. He’ll be 36 years old in September.

Per PFF grading, 1 good game and 1 bad game are analyzed from Williams' 2011 season with an aggregate score that represented his season as a whole. The 2 games I selected were the week 10 loss to the Steelers and the week 12 win over the Browns.

Here's the FILMSTUDY
    Follow me on Twitter @RSRLombardi

Re: FILMSTUDY: A closer look at Ravens LG Bobbie Williams

Quote Originally Posted by TL24x7 View Post
    Bobbie Williams was signed as an unrestricted free agent this off season and is among the options to play left guard for the Ravens in 2012. In 2011, Williams played in parts of 8 games from weeks 5-14. He played every snap for 8 straight games before he broke his ankle in week 14 versus the Texans. He’ll be 36 years old in September.
    We'd be leading the League in age as we move out the OL leftwards (Birk, Williams. McKinnie).
    If he's healthy, I like that he knows the AFC North and Cincy's defense in particular. A good brain trust seems to be developing by which to school draftees like OK and Gino

Blog Entries

Im thinking Williams holds down the LG spot for 1/2-3/4 of the season til KO is ready to slide into the lineup. He's been a great player in the league (so has Birk), but time catches up with everybody. I kind of expect at least one, if not both of them, to be on the sidelines come december.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ballhawk View Post
    Im thinking Williams holds down the LG spot for 1/2-3/4 of the season til KO is ready to slide into the lineup. He's been a great player in the league (so has Birk), but time catches up with everybody. I kind of expect at least one, if not both of them, to be on the sidelines come december.
    Highly doubt that happens, I expect them to both have at least one good productive season, and both seem to be in great shape this year. Gino Gradkowski is a little under sized to start in this offense IMO. I don't like his odds against the likes of Vince Wilfolk in the play offs. Gino needs to bulk up a little for next year, 310-315 lbs will be an ideal weight. As for KO, I'm good with that, but I doubt he will take Williams' place in the squad at the end of the year. The only way that would happen is if Williams goes down with an injury, or really plays poorly which probably wont happen. Harbaugh has never ever replaced a veteran with a rookie without a hugely valid reason. Just saying "he's old, we need to play our rookie at the end of the year" is just stupid, it would also disrupt the chemistry of the OL