Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I've always scratched my follicle challenged head at this phenomenon.

Mrs. HR and I went back to Bmore for last season Texans playoff game. There was a dude in our section with a Titans jersey on. A few folks mocked the hell out of him.

I guess people get invited to these games but are not fans of the teams playing and feel the need to represent?

Mrs HR got to go to the Texans v. Bengals wild card game and she sported her Ravens cap, telling people she was scouting for Harbaugh. That got a laugh but I would imagine she would have been mocked in her Ray Rice jersey.

Blog Entries

Re: Gotta love Chuck Pagano and Zibby, even in Indy

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    I've always scratched my follicle challenged head at this phenomenon.

Mrs. HR and I went back to Bmore for last season Texans playoff game. There was a dude in our section with a Titans jersey on. A few folks mocked the hell out of him.

I guess people get invited to these games but are not fans of the teams playing and feel the need to represent?

Mrs HR got to go to the Texans v. Bengals wild card game and she sported her Ravens cap, telling people she was scouting for Harbaugh. That got a laugh but I would imagine she would have been mocked in her Ray Rice jersey.
    so i guess theres a limit to how many articles of clothing before it gets to be ridiculous? hats ok, gloves sure, jersey not cool, terrible towel... youre an idiot.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenblue View Post
    As much as I can't stand Indy, I must admit I wouldn't be as averse to them doing well under Pagano and with a few other former Ravens on the roster as in the past, as well as being quite lookingh forward to seeing how Luck does with them.

I feel the same. I must admit, I rooted for Payton Manning the year they won the SB. Just wanted to make sure he made the Hall of Fame. As we have seen the Irsay's screwed him too.

Blog Entries

If the guy had shown up with a Ray Lewis jersey would Chuck have done the same thing?

Quite appropriate. The sports' mascot of the school where they are holding training camp, Anderson University, is the Ravens!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    If the guy had shown up with a Ray Lewis jersey would Chuck have done the same thing?
    Probably. And he rightfully should have.

It's a Colts' facility and a Colts' team function.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Possible, but I think a closer comparison would be if a guy showed up in a Redding Ravens jersey would he have done the same thing?
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"

Quote Originally Posted by Raven 555 View Post
    I feel the same. I must admit, I rooted for Payton Manning the year they won the SB. Just wanted to make sure he made the Hall of Fame. As we have seen the Irsay's screwed him too.
    I like Manning to but there was no way in hell I was rooting for him especially after he and the Colts came into Baltimore and beat the Ravens. Also, Jim Irsay did not screw Manning. Peyton would not renegotiate his deal so Irsay was faced with paying this guy another $25mil plus while not really knowing if he was going to be all the way back. He really had no choice but to cut bait. In addition, Jim saw an opportunity to rebuild his team to be more balanced instead of the one man show it was.

BTW, he was making the HOF whether he won a SB or not (see Dan Marino).

I don't get some fans rooting for an arch rival. I am MD guy and after Duke beat MD in the Final Four (fixed BTW) there was no way on this earth I was rooting for the Rat and his phony ass school to win the title. 'Hey, since its not us then you'.

Fuke Duke, the Colts, the Slurs and the Steelers.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Probably. And he rightfully should have.

It's a Colts' facility and a Colts' team function.
    I agree. I'm curious because so many seem to be painting this as a Ravens thing and not a Colts thing.

Blog Entries
    Good stuff but it wouldn't hurt my feelings to see them win 3 games this year. It will be interesting to watch Freeney and Mathis in. 3-4 that they're already kind of grumbling about

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Maybe, but I still believe that some of the motivation had to do with Zibby and Chuck being Ravens themselves not even a year ago.

Funny.

I'm in FLA this week. Yesterday, at SeaWorld there were a few hats and jerseys.

Nothing big.

Except .........for one Steeler fan - hat, black jersey (in 95 degree heat), towel AND car flag attached to baby stroller. I kid you not!
    Last edited by B-more Ravor; 07-31-2012 at 12:04 PM.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap