Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
  1. Re: Pitta Breaks Hand

Also don't rule out bringing back Kris Wilson who was with the team all of last year and can play some ST's.

Blog Entries

Re: Pitta Breaks Hand

Maybe Cam might actually start using some 3 or 4 wr sets now? Huge blow though Pitta catches anything in a 5mile radius and him and Joe are always money.

I'd kick the tires on Shockey. What could it hurt?
    I don't think they bring in Shockey. Given his tenure in the league, if they have him on the roster week 1, I believe they have to pay him the entire year even if they cut him. Unless Pitta is going to be out for more than what it appears, they could save the cap space and make do for a week or two.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by perryw9202 View Post
    I don't think they bring in Shockey. Given his tenure in the league, if they have him on the roster week 1, I believe they have to pay him the entire year even if they cut him. Unless Pitta is going to be out for more than what it appears, they could save the cap space and make do for a week or two.
    Unless they word it in the contract to not have to do such.

I wouldn't rule out them bringing in Shockey especially if they don't think Pitta will be back by week 1.
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    Maybe Cam might actually start using some 3 or 4 wr sets now? Huge blow though Pitta catches anything in a 5mile radius and him and Joe are always money.
    Not likely. If we have injuries, I'd prefer them to be on offense. We know what we have there and we know it isn't going to get any better as long as Cam is calling his play not to lose bullshit. This team will sink or swim on its defense. Who cares aout the offense as long as Coward Cameron is running it?

Blog Entries

Hope it is only for a 6-8 weeks. Bones in the hand can be tricky. I broke my navicular bone (the bone in your hand closest to the point between your thumb and forefinger) in college many years ago. It is also the bone most people break when they are trying to break their fall on an athletic field. In a cast for six weeks and then at least another month or so of regaining strength. But I suspect the Ravens training staff is more advanced then the one I dealt with 30 years ago.

Harbaugh expects Pitta to be ready by Week 1.

Time for Dickson to step up his game. Way too much athleticism to not make an impact.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lime in the Coconut
    Also don't rule out bringing back Kris Wilson who was with the team all of last year and can play some ST's.
    This is the most likely scenario IMO. Frankly, he should be there now anyway. He's better than any of the other tight ends fighting for the third spot.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

With our line issues I think the talk of going more 3+ wide is just not going to happen.

Wouldn't be surprised at all to see Wilson back on the roster.
    "Flacco stepping up and throwing deep down the far sideline... CAUGHT!!! Into the endzone, TOUCHDOWN JACOBY JONES!!!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Benny8444 View Post
    Not a huge blow. We have depth at the position and good thing it happened aug 1 so he should not miss to many games. My guess is he is back by week 2 or 4. No need to rush him back for week 3 if he does not play week 2 since its a short week. My guess is he either plays week 1 or sits till week 4. This is where depth comes in which we have. Can't wait to see if davon drew can play. He will get his shot now
    I beg to differ. This hurts our depth tremendously. He was Flacco's go to guy on third down towards the end of last season. Now we are down to Dickinson and...and....you get the point.

Blog Entries

There is plenty of time for Pitta to heal before the season starts.