Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Pitta Breaks Hand

Quote Originally Posted by goodandfast View Post
    If I had to pick between Dickson and Pitta as to who would be more effective with a hand injury, it'd be Pitta. Definitely sucks because it sounded like he was going to be the primary TE option.
    What makes you say that. Pitta is more sure handed and needs healthy hands where Dickson is more of the athletic downfield threat

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I wouldn't rule out a visit from Jeremy Shockey.

Damn this is bad news, just when Pitta was really starting to get good.
    I would. Shockey is 1) done, 2) a locker room cancer, 3) an awful blocker, and 4) DONE.

This situation will tell us what the Ravens think of Ed Dickson and Jacoby Jones. If Dickson has improved enough to merit being the #1 TE in all packages, and they like Jones as the #3 wideout, I would expect them to just bring in a camp guy, possibly even just moving one of the UDFAs up onto the second team.

If they don't like what Dickson and/or Jones can offer, I would think they might make a bit more significant move. Pitta should be back by week 1, but this team was already a bit light at TE and who's to say Pitta will be back at 100% mentally and from a reps standpoint.

Daniel Graham is a guy who might fit. Good enough as a blocker to stick even once Pitta is healthy and a contributor on ST.

Shockey is a locker room cancer?

Since when? He's a fiery player sure, but when has he caused locker room turmoil?

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    Well, I think for the first part of the season if needbe we can live on 1TE sets if we what we are really seeing is a step up on that 3rd WR position. How often did we play 2TE set last year with both of them healthy?

It's an UGH for sure, but I'm not panicking just yet.
    Really only when we played teams like Pitt and cin. Vs other teams we had some 2 te sets but it was only part of the game.

If the injury lingers longer than the team expects which is not past week 1 then you look at bringing in a shockey or something. But he has 7 weeks to heel and the team will have a good idea in about 4-5 weeks if he will be ready for week 1. If not then you bring in someone from another team. Remember there are also plenty of veteran cuts at the end of August

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post

Since when? He's a fiery player sure, but when has he caused locker room turmoil?
    I have no source or link but I heard he was a bit of a dick...never heard he was a bad teammate just an asshole.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

7. Re: Pitta Breaks Hand

is Heap still out there? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Fuck!

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post

http://dailyphiladelphian.com/2012/0...uld-do-better/

http://www.bigblueview.com/2012/2/13...rget-that-idea

http://www.csnchicago.com/blog/bears...4&feedID=10330

And plenty more information out there. Shockey was a diva who screamed at Eli in the huddle during his first few years, publicly bitched out Tom Coughlin, and just was generally an awful teammate in New York.

He may have dialed back his act a little bit the past few years, but that's probably also because he's rarely healthy and rarely good enough to merit being paid attention to even when is healthy.

Philadelphia looked/is looking into him and all the Philly beat writers are very, very skeptical (I'm not saying the opinion of beat writers is worth anything special, but there you have it.) I just don't think Shockey is a fit for this locker (or most locker rooms.)

Blog Entries

I said, don't rule it out, didn't say it was a lock or anything like that, just a possibility. It's not like players with alleged locker room issues never come to Baltimore anyway.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    If he is only out camp, preseason it could be a bit of a blessing in a way.

Pitta and Joe have great chemistry, him and ed isnt quite there, so ed seeing more snaps can only be good.

Im an optimist not as pessimist as you can tell
    I like the way you think. Thats definitely a positive thatll be forced.

Injuries happen, pitta will be back and it wont take long for him to get back into the swing of things. Only bad thing is that makes it less likely for him to supplant dickson as the #1 te. Hell be behind the eightball a little and once the season starts it seems harder to make those changes, see last year for instance. The possibility of running more 3 wr sets could be nice too.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by Benny8444 View Post
    Really only when we played teams like Pitt and cin. Vs other teams we had some 2 te sets but it was only part of the game.
    That's about what I was thinking. Like I said, if this emergence of our 3rd WR comes about like it might be, it may not be a huge blow to us yet.