Thread: Bobby Rainey

Bobby Rainey

Is there any type of chance he makes this team/scout team over Ant Allen/Damien Berry assuming they'll be going with Bernard Pierce as the back up? I read that he was turning heads today and even broke off a few long runs. It seems like since he is like a poor man's Ray Rice, it would make sense for him to make the team in the event of a RR injury, etc.

Re: Bobby Rainey

Quote Originally Posted by PGCountyRaven85 View Post
    Is there any type of chance he makes this team/scout team over Ant Allen/Damien Berry assuming they'll be going with Bernard Pierce as the back up? I read that he was turning heads today and even broke off a few long runs. It seems like since he is like a poor man's Ray Rice, it would make sense for him to make the team in the event of a RR injury, etc.
    He is a perfect candidate for the practice squad.

And while not as talented as Rice obv, he is his physical clone pretty much and similar type of back.

Blog Entries

By all accounts, Bobby Rainey has been the most impressive back up RB in camp. AA has supposedly been disappointing, and Bernard Pierce hurt his hamstring. Heard some good things of Berry though he has considerably bulked up to 220 +. Ultimately I think they are going to bring in Benson for a look see, and don't rule out seeing him in Purple and black in 2012.

Blog Entries

Agreed with Leach^

From all things I've seen, he's been the best of the lot so far, but it's still not yet August. Wouldn't rule out a veteran being brough in either but that would likely happen after the cuts begin.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

i think i read somewhere that berry was actually the most impressive with the added weight but keeping his speed/quickness. not sure where/who i read that from but to me it sounded like he was beating out AA for the 3rd spot.
    -JAB