Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Re: Pitta Breaks Hand

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    This is the most likely scenario IMO. Frankly, he should be there now anyway. He's better than any of the other tight ends fighting for the third spot.
    Seriously, that was a great improvised play he was a part of for that early touchdown against Houston in the playoffs. Sure, he'd just be a camp body at this point but why not bring in one who's done something for this team instead of a washed up has-been.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    There is plenty of time for Pitta to heal before the season starts.
    No way to know because a broken hand can mean anything. Until we get a more detailed report on the injury it's impossible to know how long he'll be out.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    No way to know because a broken hand can mean anything. Until we get a more detailed report on the injury it's impossible to know how long he'll be out.
    He's having surgery this week to reset the bone properly. It really depends on which bone(s) and whether or not there was any soft tissue damage.

If it's not a bad break the swelling and bruising should go away in a few weeks and the bone should be pretty healed by September, but the pain will probably still be there.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    well, theyre taking an mri to confirm that it is broke. I think we can conclude its not a severe fracture by that alone. certainly isnt a compound fracture, which would be a bigger issue. it should fall anywhere between 4-8 weeks.

EDIT

He's having surgery this week to reset the bone properly. It really depends on which bone(s) and whether or not there was any soft tissue damage.

If it's not a bad break the swelling and bruising should go away in a few weeks and the bone should be pretty healed by September, but the pain will probably still be there.
    I didnt hear that they had to reset it or do surgery, do you have a link.

if thats the case its certainly a bigger issue than i originally thought but seems about right with what youre saying.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    well, theyre taking an mri to confirm that it is broke. I think we can conclude its not a severe fracture by that alone. certainly isnt a compound fracture, which would be a bigger issue. it should fall anywhere between 4-8 weeks.

EDIT

I didnt hear that they had to reset it or do surgery, do you have a link.

if thats the case its certainly a bigger issue than i originally thought but seems about right with what youre saying.
    I swear I read it somewhere...

This is on br.com:
    "It looks like he broke his hand,” Head Coach John Harbaugh said. "It looks like he’ll have to get it repaired in some form or fashion and he should be back for the first regular-season game. That’s very tentative, I’m very ahead of myself.”

Pitta will have an MRI on Tuesday to further assess the damage, and the Ravens will be able to tell more accurately at that point how much time he will miss.
    I'll see if I can find where I read that.

Blog Entries

Found it:

Aaron Wilson said that in the carroll county times. I misread though. I saw the MRI happening this week and then Aaron Wilson saying he might need surgery.

Pitta broke his hand and may require surgery, according to Aaron Wilson of the Carroll County Times.

Blog Entries

Found it:

Aaron Wilson said that in the carroll county times. I misread though. I saw the MRI happening this week and then Aaron Wilson saying he might need surgery.
    itll be interesting to see what comes of it, but to me if theyre doing an mri it just cant be that bad of a break. has to be a hairline that didnt show clearly on the xray.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by Benny8444 View Post
    Not a huge blow. We have depth at the position and good thing it happened aug 1 so he should not miss to many games. My guess is he is back by week 2 or 4. ,,, Can't wait to see if davon drew can play. He will get his shot now
    Drew has had a couple seasons of "shot"... I'm not holding my breath. Veteran cast offs will become available if needed.

As for Dickson serving as depth for Pitta, he doesn't have nearly the groove w/ Joe that Pitta had by the end of last year. And so much for 2 TE sets. I agree a silver lining is the extra work Dickson will get w/ Joe this TC. Someone needs to step up as Mr. Security Blanket/Soft Hands. Maybe Doss can cross the middle? It was encouraging to see Ravens Insider report that Doss and Cary Williams nearly bumped titties on the sidelines. Tells me Cary is in fighting trim and hungry to keep his job, and that Doss may have a pulse after all.

This sucks monkey testicles. Pitta was killing on third down and in the red zone down the stretch...SF, @Cincy and AFC Champ game come to mind.

Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider
    Tight end Dennis Pitta (broken hand) is still expected to return in time for the season opener (Sept. 10) against the Cincinnati Bengals
    Retweeted by Baltimore Ravens
    Expand
    Reply Retweet Favorite
    32m Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider
    Dennis Pitta did break his hand, tests confirmed, and is undergoing surgery today to repair the damage, according to a team source.
    Retweeted by Baltimore Ravens
    Expand
    Reply Retweet Favo

Blog Entries

Can he give his other hand to Ed Dickson?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    itll be interesting to see what comes of it, but to me if theyre doing an mri it just cant be that bad of a break. has to be a hairline that didnt show clearly on the xray.
    http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/r...,2371681.story

Story details him having surgery.