Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 60
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    4,340
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Pitta Breaks Hand



    Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    didnt our dpoy not get injured, or have i been in a dream the past few months?
    I think you're confused.




  2. #17

    Re: Pitta Breaks Hand

    Idk what some of you guys are talking about. We have nobody besides Dickson and Pitta. Drew's virtually been a bum ever since coming into the league and the other TE's are bigger bodied UDFA's. Balasavage looks interesting. Still, wishing Pitta's back by the start of the season. Joe and Dennis were developing some nice chemistry last year. Pitta's got some of the best hands around the league too so we need him!




  3. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    31,858
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Pitta Breaks Hand

    Quote Originally Posted by Lime in the Coconut View Post
    Idk what some of you guys are talking about. We have nobody besides Dickson and Pitta. Drew's virtually been a bum ever since coming into the league and the other TE's are bigger bodied UDFA's. Balasavage looks interesting. Still, wishing Pitta's back by the start of the season. Joe and Dennis were developing some nice chemistry last year. Pitta's got some of the best hands around the league too so we need him!
    You sir, are correct.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger



    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  4. #19

    Re: Pitta Breaks Hand

    Good thing the season is 7 weeks out or we might be in trouble.




  5. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    "Merry old England"
    Posts
    9,307
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Pitta Breaks Hand

    I wouldn't rule out a visit from Jeremy Shockey.

    Damn this is bad news, just when Pitta was really starting to get good.




  6. #21
    If I had to pick between Dickson and Pitta as to who would be more effective with a hand injury, it'd be Pitta. Definitely sucks because it sounded like he was going to be the primary TE option.




  7. #22
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    27,506
    I'd kick the tires on Shockey. What could it hurt?
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  8. #23

    Re: Pitta Breaks Hand

    Quote Originally Posted by TheJoeFlaccoShow View Post
    Good thing the season is 7 weeks out or we might be in trouble.
    Trouble would be an overstatement. Yes pitta is important but he is not our offense or our leading receiver or even top e leading pass catcher. Yes he and joe have chemistry but so do joe and dickson and boldin and it looks like he may be developing it with doss and Torrey. There is 7 weeks till the opener. Plenty of time to heal a broken hand for a te

    Every team gets camp injuries lets just hope this is the only one to a starter and be thankful that it happened during the first 4 days of camp




  9. #24

    Re: Pitta Breaks Hand

    Well, I think for the first part of the season if needbe we can live on 1TE sets if we what we are really seeing is a step up on that 3rd WR position. How often did we play 2TE set last year with both of them healthy?

    It's an UGH for sure, but I'm not panicking just yet.




  10. #25

    Re: Pitta Breaks Hand

    Quote Originally Posted by goodandfast View Post
    If I had to pick between Dickson and Pitta as to who would be more effective with a hand injury, it'd be Pitta. Definitely sucks because it sounded like he was going to be the primary TE option.
    What makes you say that. Pitta is more sure handed and needs healthy hands where Dickson is more of the athletic downfield threat




  11. #26

    Re: Pitta Breaks Hand

    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I wouldn't rule out a visit from Jeremy Shockey.

    Damn this is bad news, just when Pitta was really starting to get good.
    I would. Shockey is 1) done, 2) a locker room cancer, 3) an awful blocker, and 4) DONE.

    This situation will tell us what the Ravens think of Ed Dickson and Jacoby Jones. If Dickson has improved enough to merit being the #1 TE in all packages, and they like Jones as the #3 wideout, I would expect them to just bring in a camp guy, possibly even just moving one of the UDFAs up onto the second team.

    If they don't like what Dickson and/or Jones can offer, I would think they might make a bit more significant move. Pitta should be back by week 1, but this team was already a bit light at TE and who's to say Pitta will be back at 100% mentally and from a reps standpoint.

    Daniel Graham is a guy who might fit. Good enough as a blocker to stick even once Pitta is healthy and a contributor on ST.




  12. #27
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    27,506
    Shockey is a locker room cancer?

    Since when? He's a fiery player sure, but when has he caused locker room turmoil?
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  13. #28

    Re: Pitta Breaks Hand

    Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    Well, I think for the first part of the season if needbe we can live on 1TE sets if we what we are really seeing is a step up on that 3rd WR position. How often did we play 2TE set last year with both of them healthy?

    It's an UGH for sure, but I'm not panicking just yet.
    Really only when we played teams like Pitt and cin. Vs other teams we had some 2 te sets but it was only part of the game.




  14. #29

    Re: Pitta Breaks Hand

    If the injury lingers longer than the team expects which is not past week 1 then you look at bringing in a shockey or something. But he has 7 weeks to heel and the team will have a good idea in about 4-5 weeks if he will be ready for week 1. If not then you bring in someone from another team. Remember there are also plenty of veteran cuts at the end of August




  15. #30
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    baltimore
    Posts
    3,225
    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Shockey is a locker room cancer?

    Since when? He's a fiery player sure, but when has he caused locker room turmoil?
    I have no source or link but I heard he was a bit of a dick...never heard he was a bad teammate just an asshole.

    Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland