Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

OT - Anyone see Olympics - USA, USA, USA

Did anyone watch the parade on TV Fri night?

I was at singing and when the USA marched on the field the place went nuts yelling and
    screaming. I started yelling USA, USA, USA then everyone yelled it.

Felt sorry for the guy singing because I completely drowned him out but didn't mean to.

It was good to see so much patriotism.

Of course they were all conservatives.

Blog Entries

Re: OT - Anyone see Olympics - USA, USA, USA

Uh oh, Phelps looked tired first night.

French fought back in re-lays.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...07-28-16-01-33

Blog Entries

Damn, still no gold for Phelps as he barely loses by just guiding in to touch the side of pool instead of taking extra stroke.

They're catching up to him but with all those golds, a coule of silvers ani't bad especially at his age.

Games have been very good thus far and the volley ball games especially.

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    Damn, still no gold for Phelps as he barely loses by just guiding in to touch the side of pool instead of taking extra stroke.

They're catching up to him but with all those golds, a coule of silvers ani't bad especially at his age.

Games have been very good thus far and the volley ball games especially.
    Phelps has lost all motivation and is really just there to be there. I think 4 years ago got to his head. I'm done rooting for him.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bmorebirds_24 View Post
    Phelps has lost all motivation and is really just there to be there. I think 4 years ago got to his head. I'm done rooting for him.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

ABSOLUTELY RIGHT!

I said that during a 60 Mins interview after the last olympics. He wasn't the same Phelps, very conceded and seemed to have an attitude. Lackadasal during the interview. Even his mom said the only time she speaks to him is through texting.

Then there was the bong incident and bad press and he almost quit. In fact, someone here posted a link that Ray talked him out of it and got him back into training.

He got it all back last night though getting the gold for his 19th medal - most in history.

Two silver, two bronze and the rest gold.

He killed everyone last night making it so easy. he was pissed after missing the gold
    before by 5/100 of a second because he just guided to the wall instead of taking one more stroke but he was too tired.The announcer was saying he was using too much energy on his turns.

Then the US relay team got the gold and kicked the Frenchie's ass. They finished by almost half the length of the pool.

They were pissed too after losing to the Frenchies.

That was the old Michael Phelps last night we love during the
    interviews.

GREAT OLYMPICS SO FAR.

TIED WITH CHINA @ 23 EACH GOING INTO TODAY'S EVENTS.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 08-01-2012 at 02:42 PM.

Blog Entries

Here's the link where Ray helped Phelps get his passon back.

http://blogs.baltimoreravens.com/201...e-olympic-fire

Blog Entries

Phelps has been swimming every day, for hours a day, for like 16 years or something ridiculous like that.

He's probably burnt out and the guy just turned 27 and because of being an olympian never really had much of a youth or anything. I can kind of understand and sympathize with the guy. He probably just wants to go on about his life.

I think the only thing I can really be critical of is him even going to the Olympics when it is pretty obvious his heart just isn't in it. You don't represent your country on a stage like that if you're not going to give it your all. I mean, he still placed in a lot of events and he didn't train nearly as hard as he did in 2004 and 2008 AND he obviously wasn't going full speed. He could have decimated the competition.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

What's scary to me is how fast China has become a co-favorite overall. For my whole lifetime it was a US vs USSR/Russia for most overall medals and golds. Now China started off edging us out and we have only recently caught up. It's scary jsut how China jsut has to decide to be good at something and within 20 years they are the best.

Blog Entries

Yea, I was gonna say that but China is like Russia and all those
    East European countries. Now you don't here much of them because the Soviet Union collapsed and countries broke off so they don't even have as many people as they used to.

But China is a commie country too and that's all these athletes
    do. they have no lives. The gov't says you're gonna swim, and
    you're gonna dive and you're gonna play badmitten and then they spend millions training them.

Yea, Phelps trained as a little tot too like Solo mentioned above having his child hood robbed of him but his mom paid for that and nobody told him to do it.

My brother works for Apple and their products are made in China because they are cheaper to make over there but there are not as many tech people here as there are in China.

Everyone here wants to go to college but in China the gov't says you're gonna be a tech person and you're gonna go to college and you're gonna be a plumber.

That's why they're called commies but they always did well in the olympics and it takes our pro basketball players to beat them when only the college stars used to go.

Remember when McMillan, Elmore of the Terps and all those guys lost the first gold to the Russians and they cheated by taking 3 secs off the clock but the game shouldn't have been that close.

So now we send all pro NBA players and even major league
    baseball players to compete vs the commies.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 08-03-2012 at 03:31 PM.

Blog Entries

LOL - The Chinamen have definitely arrived on the

sports scene. They were disqualified for cheating or
    throwing badmitten games. ILMAO

The Vegas bookies must have gotten to them. :)

http://sports.yahoo.com/photos/olymp...ans-slideshow/

Blog Entries

Missy Franklin could have been swimming for the Canadian team and her mother encouraged her do ot it but her feelings were for the USA.

Missy of course was born in Colorado but she has dual citizenship because her parents are Canadian living here because her dad has a senior position with Coors.

Now she has all that gold for the USA.

She might forego all the endorsements that will make her a millionaire to swim in college.

She's only 17.

Cute gal too but no tits-lol. Her chest is flatter than my ex's but she sure looks good when she's wet.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Missy_Franklin
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 08-05-2012 at 06:15 PM.

Judging a 17 year olds tits? Stay classy Trap.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron