Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by drdelaware View Post
    Soccer is the most boring spectator sport on earth and don't even give me the "you don't understand it" line. (I used to play)

It is only the "world" sport because all you need are 4 tree stumps and a dead goat's head to kick around to play it.
    Ouch.
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

–Eleanor Roosevelt

Re: Soccer game at the bank yesterday

Id beg to differ. The 38 game premiership season came down to the last few seconds and final kick of the game. Most exciting season in my lifetime. Couldn't have written that ending, this season. It was unbelievable and I support the team on the losing side
    Quote Originally Posted by drdelaware View Post
    Soccer is the most boring spectator sport on earth and don't even give me the "you don't understand it" line. (I used to play)

It is only the "world" sport because all you need are 4 tree stumps and a dead goat's head to kick around to play it.

Quote Originally Posted by cealex1223 View Post
    You don't understand it.
    I second that.

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    Id beg to differ. The 38 game premiership season came down to the last few seconds and final kick of the game. Most exciting season in my lifetime. Couldn't have written that ending, this season. It was unbelievable and I support the team on the losing side
    The finish this year was crazy! I am a big Chelsea fan, but also love QPR. Watching that match with so much on the line was amazing, the best end of season finish ever!

I thought it was a dreadful performance by both teams, but mainly Tottenham. They must have set a record for passes between the backline and goalie. LFC was slightly better. Frankly, it was worse than a bad MLS game. :(

That game probably killed interest in soccer for most first time attendees.

Quote Originally Posted by FHRaven View Post
    I thought it was a dreadful performance by both teams, but mainly Tottenham. They must have set a record for passes between the backline and goalie. LFC was slightly better. Frankly, it was worse than a bad MLS game. :(

That game probably killed interest in soccer for most first time attendees.
    I agree, it wasn't pretty at all. I really think the turf and the heat were a factor. Funny about the pass backs, I actually said that to one of the guys I was with, never seen that happen so frequently in an EPL match. Many of the middies, and a few of the backs looked hesitant to turn upfield and take people on.

My soccer team is Barcelona. What a year Messi had, 91 goals. The greatest player and the greatest team to ever play the game.

8. Re: Soccer game at the bank yesterday

I would say that the players could not adjust themselves according to the heat over there. The turf was also a bit long and slow which played its part in changing the game a bit.