Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: I knew it!!!

Blog Entries

Re: I knew it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Didn't Jimmy hurt his foot or leg today or something?

It's nice to see Jacoby not dropping a pass while being covered by Jimmy, BUT he also had a pass bounce right off of his hands and into the arms of Albert McClellan.
    It's obvious.............he slipped and fell.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Wow never knew Jacoby was on the draft board, seems Ozzie has followed this guy.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Wow never knew Jacoby was on the draft board, seems Ozzie has followed this guy.
    I'm not surprised he was on the draft board.

Ozzie loves small school prospects. A 6'3" 200lb receiver with legitimate vertical speed is certainly something that will intrigue most GM's and coaches. I doubt Ozzie was interested in him in the 3rd round though. :D
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Thanks for the direct responses, gents! Yeah, I kinda figured my feelings on ST were hardly original thoughts.

I'll admit I'm terrible at keeping up with salaries and market prices, so JAB and SC_Raven_Fan, thanks for clearing up where what he's being paid sits league-wise. It moves the signing from "he can return kicks and maybe help out on offense" to "he will return kicks and will help out on offense". I had always thought of the signing as a ST signing, with his receiving skills being an added +, but the discussion here seemed to be about a WR signing with return skills being the added +. I get it - in this equation, his receiver play needs to be a little bit more than just added +. I see now the argument has been, "Is it worth it to take WR snaps away from guys like Doss because we have to give them to the returner guy, with the money we paid him?"

In a way, I thnk Harbs just can't wait anymore. It seems like PRs/KRs usually come out of the WR/DB backups. The franchise has struggled to find guys who can start at WR before Harbs, and when he came in, he had to work through Fabian Washington, Dom Foxworth, and an over-the-hill and fairly uncoachable Chris Mcallister to get to some long term stability in his DB corps.

"Oooh, that kid Webb looks good returning! But, those other dudes being old and hurt has shown me he also looks good covering the other teams' 1 or 2 receiving target...guess I'll keep looking for a returner. Back to guys like Zibby in the meantime". And then the "when David Reed is healthy" aspect of David Reed became a concern. BigPlayReceiver beat me to the punch, but, yeah - Reed looks to start the year on the PUP, and it's not really a surprise.

I think this year they want veteran proven presence at that spot. What sucks about that, is you have to do that veteran wooing. Which means stunting somebody's growth. Is that worth it?....I'm just gonna keep that ST peptalk BigPlayReceiver posted earlier (appropriately enough, post #52 in the thread) on a loop in my head.* It is my absolute dream of what ST can mean to a team.

*not just a peptalk - also had some strong points about the coverage signings the Ravens have made.

Blog Entries

I'm more worried about the Oline at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I'm not surprised he was on the draft board.

Ozzie loves small school prospects. A 6'3" 200lb receiver with legitimate vertical speed is certainly something that will intrigue most GM's and coaches. I doubt Ozzie was interested in him in the 3rd round though. :D
    Ozzie picked Yamon Figurs with the very next pick after Houston picked Jacoby. I bet he wanted Jones. That started a run of like 6-7 WR's coming off the board. The Ravens got Figurs, then other teams got James Jones and Laurent Robinson :-|
    After 5 years of early exits, the journey is finally complete.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SC_Raven_Fan View Post
    Ozzie picked Yamon Figurs with the very next pick after Houston picked Jacoby. I bet he wanted Jones. That started a run of like 6-7 WR's coming off the board. The Ravens got Figurs, then other teams got James Jones and Laurent Robinson :-|
    Well, Robinson is another physically gifted player, but he's done jack outside of 1 season in Dallas.

I've always liked James Jones. He reminds me of a slightly quicker Boldin. He's got hands issues as well. :D
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

James Jones is the most irritating WR I have watched the past couple of years.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Not to take anything away from "elite joe" flacco, but Jacoby Jones could have just as easily been SB MVP. 56 yard TD reception and a 108 yard kick return TD. Definitely our best off season addition. Without him we lose to the cowboys, steelers, broncos, and 49ers. We never even would have made the SB, let alone win it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ballhawk View Post
    Not to take anything away from "elite joe" flacco, but Jacoby Jones could have just as easily been SB MVP. 56 yard TD reception and a 108 yard kick return TD. Definitely our best off season addition. Without him we lose to the cowboys, steelers, broncos, and 49ers. We never even would have made the SB, let alone win it.
    He had a huge game for sure. Props to jacoby for all he's done this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ballhawk View Post
    Agreed.

Apart from Joe, he, Q, and Torrey (really our TE/WR corps) have stepped up in the playoffs. Not to mention our line. Great team effort all round. :)
    Self appointed Ravens SuperFan in the southern hemisphere/New Zealand.

I love "I told you so" before it's even happened threads.

This one and the other epic one from August were just so ridiculously over the top.

Sheesh.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap