Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I knew it!!!

Re: I knew it!!!

These things happen - he is here to compete with Doss and Laquan et al. I am sure they will all make plenty of mistakes. The best player of the group will emerge to be the 3rd WR.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post

All I'm saying is give him a chance, if nothing else, he is a good return guy where we really need it.

Overreacting because of a single dropped pass despite all other reports saying that he has been having a good camp so far is just too much.
    It is basically a 1 year contract.

And no way Jones doesn't see the field. The guy has had success in this league...why people are acting like we signed Patrick Johnson is beyond me.
    Exactly. No one is saying that he's going to be a Pro-Bowler WR
    or anything close, just that a report of one dropped pass after several days of positive reports is a over the top.

So "eating crow" is as ridiculous as suggesting some here are more concerned about being right than seeing Jones succeed? Right? ;)
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Blog Entries

You need to wait for a big drop in a game before you bring out the 'I knew it' card. Practice early in camp is where you should expect mistakes from everyone.

It's funny...

We trade for Boldin and sign Housh and everybody was excited...saying we finally got guys who can get open and hold onto the ball. Proven playmakers.

Then the drops against Pitt...and it's "why do we keep signing guys who drop crucial passes"

We trade for Evans...and during the preseason, it's we finally got a guy who has great speed and can catch.

Then again...why do we keep trading for these guys who can't catch?

Then we draft a guy last year who struggled more than any high draft pick/big signing/trade WR than perhaps we've ever seen in Baltimore with tons of drops in camp...and people were complaining about why we drafted a guy who was known to drop passes in college and why we were playing him over Doss.

He has a great year, and now some are considering him an up and coming quality #1 WR.

These are the same people, who are trying to play the "I knew it" card and calling for people who don't agree with them to "eat crow". Sorry, you can't tell me I'm wrong to be patient and see how things shake out when you were one of the posters bashing Torrey last summer and demanding that Tandon Doss start over him.

It's funny...

We trade for Boldin and sign Housh and everybody was excited...saying we finally got guys who can get open and hold onto the ball. Proven playmakers.

Then the drops against Pitt...and it's "why do we keep signing guys who drop crucial passes"

We trade for Evans...and during the preseason, it's we finally got a guy who has great speed and can catch.

Then again...why do we keep trading for these guys who can't catch?

Then we draft a guy last year who struggled more than any high draft pick/big signing/trade WR than perhaps we've ever seen in Baltimore with tons of drops in camp...and people were complaining about why we drafted a guy who was known to drop passes in college and why we were playing him over Doss.

He has a great year, and now some are considering him an up and coming quality #1 WR.

These are the same people, who are trying to play the "I knew it" card and calling for people who don't agree with them to "eat crow". Sorry, you can't tell me I'm wrong to be patient and see how things shake out when you were one of the posters bashing Torrey last summer and demanding that Tandon Doss start over him.
    So true.

PP

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    guys he is here to return kicks, he won't see the field as a WR IMO
    Um, you remember what he did against us in the playoffs seven months ago, right?

- C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid

So Boldin, Evans, Clayton and Housh were known for dropping crucial passes before we brought them in here? I'm sorry, I missed the games and reports of Boldin and Housh dropping passes, Clayton dropping passes in college before we drafted him.
    I missed those reports too, which is probably why what you're implying I said is not what I said. I was referencing Clayton, Housh, Boldin and Evans having awful drops in crucial situations, which they did. Clearly, awful drops in crucial situations is something that has haunted us the past few years. Perhaps my wording made it seem like I was saying those guys were known for drops, but I was just trying to say that after having seen all those drops (from people NOT known for them!), actually bringing in someone (JONES) known for drops seems silly. I know we don't see of Jones what the coaches see day in and day out, and I don't contest he might enliven the special teams. But as for the drops, knowing we are getting them with him does not seem smart. That was my only point.

Edited to Add:

These are the same people, who are trying to play the "I knew it" card and calling for people who don't agree with them to "eat crow".
    Dude seriously, calm down. I didn't "call" for anyone to eat crow: I said if Jones ends up doing what he is known for doing--i.e., dropping passes and making bone-headed plays--then people will have to admit they were wrong about him. If he ends up flying in the face of his own history and having a stellar year where he doesn't drive us fans crazy in the exact same ways he drove Houston fans crazy, then I will gladly eat my own fresh plate of bird.
    Last edited by akashicrecorder; 07-29-2012 at 03:55 PM.

He will only see the field as a returner (until he starts fumbling) and on deep routes and times as a decoy. Other times it will be Boldin/Smith/Doss or williams.

Quote Originally Posted by akashicrecorder View Post
    I missed those reports too, which is probably why what you're implying I said is not what I said. I was referencing Clayton, Housh, Boldin and Evans having awful drops in crucial situations, which they did. Clearly, awful drops in crucial situations is something that has haunted us the past few years. Perhaps my wording made it seem like I was saying those guys were known for drops, but I was just trying to say that after having seen all those drops (from people NOT known for them!), actually bringing in someone (JONES) known for drops seems silly. I know we don't see of Jones what the coaches see day in and day out, and I don't contest he might enliven the special teams. But as for the drops, knowing we are getting them with him does not seem smart. That was my only point.

Edited to Add:

Dude seriously, calm down. I didn't "call" for anyone to eat crow: I said if Jones ends up doing what he is known for doing--i.e., dropping passes and making bone-headed plays--then people will have to admit they were wrong about him. If he ends up flying in the face of his own history and having a stellar year where he doesn't drive us fans crazy in the exact same ways he drove Houston fans crazy, then I will gladly eat my own fresh plate of bird.
    lol, you said some members would have to line up for some crow. I'm saying nobody is...and really people shouldn't be starting or co-signing in threads like this.

People make him out to be Travis Taylor or something with the drops.

He has drop rat percentage lower than guys like Desean Jackson, Steve Smith, Wes Welker and Miles Austin. Give the guy a chance and at least see what his role is going to be before threads like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    guys he is here to return kicks, he won't see the field as a WR IMO

Thats what scares me the most, he literally lost the TEXANS the game in the play offs. He is constantly making bad decisions. And he gets rewarded by getting a decent pay check by the team that won the game because of him.

Pretty stupid on the RAVENS part.

lol, you said some members would have to line up for some crow. I'm saying nobody is...and really people shouldn't be starting or co-signing in threads like this.

People make him out to be Travis Taylor or something with the drops.

He has drop rat percentage lower than guys like Desean Jackson, Steve Smith, Wes Welker and Miles Austin. Give the guy a chance and at least see what his role is going to be before threads like this.
    But look at how much these other WRERS get targeted more.

So Boldin, Evans, Clayton and Housh were known for dropping crucial passes before we brought them in here? I'm sorry, I missed the games and reports of Boldin and Housh dropping passes, Clayton dropping passes in college before we drafted him. Are you suggesting that we not bring in any WR's? We brought Boldin in here...a guy with a reputation for some of the best hands in the league. Housh as well. We get a perennial pro bowler and a guy with rep for great hands in Housh...now it's "we've seen it before". What the hell is this organization supposed to do? We can't sign guys (basically every WR that hits the market has flaws), and we can't draft guys (long long history of poor picks).

All I'm saying is give him a chance, if nothing else, he is a good return guy where we really need it.

Overreacting because of a single dropped pass despite all other reports saying that he has been having a good camp so far is just too much.
    If we don't bring in recievers because they have dropped passes then we may as well play the wishbone, because every reciever even the best drops passes. This thread is a little over the top.