Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Re: Kyle Boller Has Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Section 502 Raven View Post
    its our fault. boller was set up for failure wiht the ravens. he was drafted in the first round when he was probably a 6th round pick. he had one year in College with a completion percentage over 50% and he compelted 51.7% that year. this is in college where the D[B]'s are 5 yards from the closest receiver.

THEN WE MADE H[I]M THE STARTER THE F[I]RST YEAR AND GAVE H[I]m TRAV[I]S"[I] DROP EVERY OTHER ball taylor as his wideout.

boller wasted several great years of defensive efforts in baltimore but i don;t blame him i blame billick the genius.
    We also need to remember that in Boller's first year during the Rams game he was blind-sided and injured, in which I am almost certain NO rookie would overcome such a violent and unsuspecting blow. No wonder he had happy feet the rest of his career. just sayin'

The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

Re: Kyle Boller Has Retired

Boller was likely drafted higher than he should have been, and his resume was obviously a red flag, but blaming Boller for the Ravens not addressing the other issues that they had (see: lack of pass protection) is prejudiced and self-serving.

Blog Entries

Re: Kyle Boller Retires (Merged)

Well played Kyle. Pulling the JohnnyU and retiring with the Chargers. He probably signed with them just so he could retire from the NFL as part of a team. Better than just fading away i guess.

And he rides off into the sunset with a supermodel wife and millions in the bank. He always seemed like a great guy, just not a great QB. Heres to wishing him well.
    Last edited by ballhawk; 07-29-2012 at 01:36 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Section 502 Raven View Post
    its our fault. boller was set up for failure wiht the ravens. he was drafted in the first round when he was probably a 6th round pick. he had one year in College with a completion percentage over 50% and he compelted 51.7% that year. this is in college where the D[B]'s are 5 yards from the closest receiver.

THEN WE MADE H[I]M THE STARTER THE F[I]RST YEAR AND GAVE H[I]m TRAV[I]S"[I] DROP EVERY OTHER ball taylor as his wideout.

boller wasted several great years of defensive efforts in baltimore but i don;t blame him i blame billick the genius.
    You know Ozzie is the one who drafted him, right?

Blog Entries

Thinking back on Kyle Boller's career should make us all appreciate Joe Flacco even more.

Favorite Kyle Boller moment: A nice downfield block he threw on Willis McGahee's long TD run vs the Bills in 07.

I always wanted the kid to do well but man he was the most agonizing QB to watch I've ever seen.

Once, a long while back, I said that if I was coaching in the Superbowl and had to choose between starting Boller or Peyton Manning, I'd take Boller every time. Peyton always chokes in the big games while Boller had a 25% chance of looking like the second coming of Johnny U. True enough there was that 75% chance he'd spaz out, but still...

The Ravens at the time didn't have a lot of talent on the offensive side of the ball, but we didn't when Flacco was a rookie. Boller should have been drafted in the second round. That way Billick wouldn't have forced him into action before he was ready, but I honestly don't think Kyle was ever going to make it as a starter in the NFL. His brain and his body just didn't always seem to work on the same page.

EDIT: Yeah, I was one of the biggest Boller-backers. It wasn't until we drafted Flacco and I saw what a really good QB could do with this team that I accepted defeat.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

So he signed with the Chargers and retired the very next day --I wonder why he signed with them in the first place.

I was always a Boller backer but in hindsight, that might have partly been because so many people seemed to have such an insanely intense dislike of him. He definitely was not an elite QB but he was tough and a team player.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by highwater View Post
    So he signed with the Chargers and retired the very next day --I wonder why he signed with them in the first place.

I was always a Boller backer but in hindsight, that might have partly been because so many people seemed to have such an insanely intense dislike of him. He definitely was not an elite QB but he was tough and a team player.
    It's tough to turn down the money. Once he was there and really thought about it he probably realized that his heart wasn't in it. That part I can understand. What I don't get is why the Chargers had any interest in Boller. He was terrible in Oakland.

Good luck Kyle. It was intersesting. I will never question your effort.
    And the Beatdown goes on.......

Blog Entries

I will never forget that cold New England game when they were undefeated. Boller played well and they had the game won... oh what might've been..

Hope he invested well; I wish him the best

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Dark&Stormy View Post
    Good luck Kyle. It was intersesting. I will never question your effort.
    So true. No matter what, Kyle worked hard and gave it his all on the field. If only his skills matched his heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I will never forget that cold New England game when they were undefeated. Boller played well and they had the game won... oh what might've been..
    Even through it was a lost that was probably Kyle's best game in purple and black.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller