Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Kyle Boller Retires (Merged)

"Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Kyle Boller Has Retired

Couldn't see if this was posted anywhere else, but the great Kyle Boller has hung up his cleats ... one day after signing with the Chargers. To quote PFT, "[t]he 19th overall pick in the 2003 draft, Boller finishes with a 48:54 touchdown-to-interception ratio and 56.7 completion rate. He went 20-27 in 47 career starts."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...oller-retires/

Blog Entries

Re: Kyle Boller Has Retired

don't blame him... I doubt he was gonna beat out Rivers ;)

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

"Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Sorry, I didn't see that. Sorry for a double posting.

The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

Sources are reporting that old19fan has bought a chain of "Gas-and-Go's", and has proffered Boller with a position as General Manager and TEO (Tactical Executive Officer)....

Boller. The man. The myth. The legend.

And he made enough money that his kids kids are set. If he didn't waste it the trailer trash of Hollywood : Paris Hilton, Tara Reid and Lindsay Logan.

He was never anything more than a white Anthony Wright, no matter how many people hugged his 'nads. Actually he was worse than Wright because at least Wright was just a walk-on, not a wasted 1st round pick.

As my illustrious title as a Newbie indicates, I haven't been on this forum very much, so I don't know what the general consensus is around here on the Pro Boller, but regardless of our opinions of his on-field performance, I think we should all be able to wish him well. I don't think he would have ever amounted to anything more than an average starter, but he was handled poorly and was thrust into a situation with a ton of pressure and few tools to work with. And yet, he always put up with the bile and the sometimes vindictive press (think Mike Preston) in a classy way, and despite the hilarious gaffes and head-scratching decision-making, you never got the feeling that he'd quit or that he cared any less on his last day as a Raven as he did on his first. Good luck, Kyle. Here's hoping for a good post-football life for a good guy.

its our fault. boller was set up for failure wiht the ravens. he was drafted in the first round when he was probably a 6th round pick. he had one year in College with a completion percentage over 50% and he compelted 51.7% that year. this is in college where the D[B]'s are 5 yards from the closest receiver.

THEN WE MADE H[I]M THE STARTER THE F[I]RST YEAR AND GAVE H[I]m TRAV[I]S"[I] DROP EVERY OTHER ball taylor as his wideout.

boller wasted several great years of defensive efforts in baltimore but i don;t blame him i blame billick the genius.

Quote Originally Posted by Reed 'Em and Heap View Post
    I don't think he would have ever amounted to anything more than an average starter, but he was handled poorly and was thrust into a situation with a ton of pressure and few tools to work with. And yet, he always put up with the bile and the sometimes vindictive press (think Mike Preston) in a classy way, and despite the hilarious gaffes and head-scratching decision-making, you never got the feeling that he'd quit or that he cared any less on his last day as a Raven as he did on his first.
    :word

Leave a damn rose for him.