Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

"I never asked for Adrian Peterson kind of money"

Ray Rice talking about his new contract.

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/News/...e_A_Raven.aspx

Just thought I'd share it, some of us were claiming that Rice was demanding an AP style contract, which obviously wasn't true.

Blog Entries

Re: "I never asked for Adrian Peterson kind of money"

Yep. I was surprised at the reports coming from WNST. They're usually more credible than that.

Blog Entries

So he says.

Come on now, I am as glad as anyone that Rice and the Ravens agreed to a new deal, but Rice very well at one point could have been looking for AP type money. Once Foster and McCoy signed and then Forte it became obvious that he wasn't.

Rice is a great person, but lip service is lip service. What's he supposed to say? "Yea, I wanted as much money as Adrian Peterson got, but ended up settling for a lot less..."
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    So he says.

Come on now, I am as glad as anyone that Rice and the Ravens agreed to a new deal, but Rice very well at one point could have been looking for AP type money. Once Foster and McCoy signed and then Forte it became obvious that he wasn't.

Rice is a great person, but lip service is lip service. What's he supposed to say? "Yea, I wanted as much money as Adrian Peterson got, but ended up settling for a lot less..."
    Well Rice wasn't asked a direct question like that either, he could have just said nothing about it. He wanted to make a point and he came out and said that he didn't ask for that kind of money, and I have to believe that.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Well Rice wasn't asked a direct question like that either, he could have just said nothing about it. He wanted to make a point and he came out and said that he didn't ask for that kind of money, and I have to believe that.
    You're right, but Rice being the person that he is likely wanted to remove any notion of greed.

We'll never know what the original negotiations started at and what he was asking for in February/March time frame.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    So he says.

this was my exact thought when reading it. Nothing but covering up and making it seem like he didnt settle for way less than he wanted. if 5/40/25 was the end point you have to assume the starting point was very close to AP money even if he doesnt want to call it that.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    this was my exact thought when reading it. Nothing but covering up and making it seem like he didnt settle for way less than he wanted. if 5/40/25 was the end point you have to assume the starting point was very close to AP money even if he doesnt want to call it that.
    I don't think it's fair throwing out these accusations when we don't know jack shit about anything. If he was demanding AP money in the first place, IMO there is no way we would have got him for 40 million dollars, and Ray Rice isn't the type to lie about these things to "cover things up".

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I don't think it's fair throwing out these accusations when we don't know jack shit about anything. If he was demanding AP money in the first place, IMO there is no way we would have got him for 40 million dollars, and Ray Rice isn't the type to lie about these things to "cover things up".
    its negotiation 101, if you dont agree thats fine but you start high, i start low, we agree in the middle. Its not an accusation, its just understanding the business side of it. I think any player in Rices position wouldnt want to come off as greedy after the fact. multiple sources said he wanted "AP money" and only changed that to "CJ money" days before signing a very similar deal to CJs, at least the first 3 years. I dont think its hard to fill in the blanks, but thats just my opinion, not fact, which well probably never know.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

The response did seem a bit scripted.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Of course he didn't ask for AP money but his agent more than likely did

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    WE DON'T NEED YOUR RESPECT BUT WE WILL BEAT UP ON YOU AND TAKE YOUR SOUL!!!!!!!

If he says it and there isn't any evidence to the contrary, we should take him at his word I think.

Blog Entries

I suppose he didn't ask for Adrian Peterson 'kind' of money, now did he?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore