Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Steelers Ink Antonio Brown

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    But will they even get another year out of Wallace? Not necessarily, according to Gerry Dulac of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, who writes that the Steelers could trade Wallace in training camp.
    I think it'd be smartest for them to do that if they think Sanders will be a good receiver. The team can win the SB without Wallace. They should also be able to get a first round pick for him.

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    So in your opinion anybody that thinks wallace isnt a top 5 wr is just hating because hes a steeler and doesnt know football? Somebody should tell ladarius to take off his purple shades and start reading football for dummies.
    So you're saying football players have never embellished ridiculous statements about rival teams? Right. Got it.

- C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid

Tldr. :)

Quote Originally Posted by psuasskicker View Post
    you're right. I can't think of one single receiver who was really fast and could only run one route really well their first couple years and lasted really long in this league. I'm sure once he turns 32 and starts losing a step seven years from now, he'll be all washed up.

Btw, on the off-chance you missed the heavy sarcasm drip there, you're also wrong about the "one route" thing. Wallace caught 74 passes last year. Two of them were rendered meaningless due to penalties. Regardless, of those receptions, 49 of them were thrown less than ten yards in the air. He gained an additional 378 yards in yac on those 49 receptions less than ten yards from the los. 29 of them went for first downs, and three of his eight tds were on receptions caught less than ten yards from the los, including one from behind the los.

Toss in another 13 catches from between 10 and 19 yards and you've got just short of 84% of his receptions that aren't on go routes. Does wallace run an incredibly effective go? Sure does. Is that the only route he runs well? Not even close.

He's a steeler. Some of you folks need to get over your blinders and accept the fact that the team we hate more than anything actually has some pretty friggin' good players on it. As it happens, a few of them happen to be among the best at their position. Wallace is one of those, whether you like it or not.

- c -

Good for them. Antonio Brown may be the better all around player anyway in the long term.

id be all over him if we had more cap

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Mike Wallace is probably pissed, and will probably want a trade. I can see a team giving up as high as a second round pick for him.
    I think that's the minimum Pittsburgh would take, as well. Considering that Wallace should net a 3rd round comp pick if he walks after the season, trading him for anything less than that seems counter-productive.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by psuasskicker View Post
    I think it'd be smartest for them to do that if they think Sanders will be a good receiver. The team can win the SB without Wallace. They should also be able to get a first round pick for him.

So you're saying football players have never embellished ridiculous statements about rival teams? Right. Got it.

- C -
    I don't think they could get a 1st round pick for him with those contract demands. I can't see a team wanting to give up that much in picks and money. He's not Calvin Johnson or Larry Fitzgerald. It would be like the Cowboys trading for Roy Williams.

Well, the Steelers certainly aren't trading him to us, but if he's a UFA next year, I'd love to see us make a play for him. It's not in our nature to outbid for top FA, but he might be one that is definitely worth it.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    Well, the Steelers certainly aren't trading him to us, but if he's a UFA next year, I'd love to see us make a play for him. It's not in our nature to outbid for top FA, but he might be one that is definitely worth it.
    No way the Ravens would even consider paying Wallace what he wants. He'll be a Brown

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    No way the Ravens would even consider paying Wallace what he wants. He'll be a Brown
    I'm working on the assumption - perhaps, naively - that no one is going to pay Wallace that much.

Blog Entries

I'm working on the assumption - perhaps, naively - that no one is going to pay Wallace that much.
    Next year there are certain teams that are going to have to get to that cap floor which kicks in. We saw the Bucs spend money like crazy to try and get ahead of it this season. Top free agents in key positions, which wide receiver has become, are going to be overpaid. I don't think Wallace gets that elite money but I can see him getting bid way up. That's not Ozzie's style. I just don't see him being involved in the bidding wars that we're going to see in 2013.

Oh, I don't really disagree. As I said, it's not really in Ozzie's nature, but Wallace might IMO be one time where it's worth it.

Blog Entries

I dont think youre naive but theres some bad owners out there.

I highly doubt anybody trades enough plus signing him to a megadeal. Has to be a 2nd and that plus 17.4 million/year... No way. We have two similar players in smith and jones that combined arent anywhere near that (is our entire wr core less than that?). If jones get a bit more consistent, there really isnt much difference in skill set and physical ability between the two except the pricetag. Ill keep my fingers crossed for that before overpaying for wallace personally.
    -JAB