Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Re: Steelers Ink Antonio Brown

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Yea, obviously that would NEVER happen. Those guys are slated to be FA's, but I doubt most of them will. Esp the LT's.
    Clady has cut off talks with Broncos.....hmmmm

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by psuasskicker View Post
    I don't understand that, though. They're extremely good for what they are. Wallace is elite talent. Antonio Brown is an exceptional #2 and could probably play #1 well...I would bet he'd be nothing worse than an average #1 receiver. Sanders has looked good in limited action as their #4 receiver and I would bet he translates well as a #3. Even if he doesn't, Cotchery is nothing worse than an avg #3 and certainly makes a fine #4. They've got Heath Miller at TE who is a good pass-catcher. Their only weakness in the passing game is not having a great pass-catching RB.

Even if Wallace doesn't re-sign long term, pushing everyone up doesn't give the Steelers a bad receiver corps. It's not one of the best in the NFL, but if you take out pretty much every team's #1 WR that's always going to be the case. Their #2-#4 and TE are better than most of the rest of the NFL's group of the same. And even if Wallace doesn't re-sign long term, the Steelers may still have him for another two years.

He won't get Fitz money, but like I said at the beginning of this thread, he's going to be paid as a top five receiver because that's what he is.

- C -
    It doesn't matter what kind of talent Wallace is if he doesn't play.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheJoeFlaccoShow View Post
    Clady has cut off talks with Broncos.....hmmmm
    I saw that too.

From what I've read, negotiations aren't going so well between Clady and the Broncos and he's leaning towards playing out this year and hitting free agency.

I know he's not an elite LT, but I would LOVE to see him in a Ravens uniform. He's only 26 I believe.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by psuasskicker View Post
    I don't understand that, though. They're extremely good for what they are. Wallace is elite talent. Antonio Brown is an exceptional #2 and could probably play #1 well...I would bet he'd be nothing worse than an average #1 receiver. Sanders has looked good in limited action as their #4 receiver and I would bet he translates well as a #3. Even if he doesn't, Cotchery is nothing worse than an avg #3 and certainly makes a fine #4. They've got Heath Miller at TE who is a good pass-catcher. Their only weakness in the passing game is not having a great pass-catching RB.

Even if Wallace doesn't re-sign long term, pushing everyone up doesn't give the Steelers a bad receiver corps. It's not one of the best in the NFL, but if you take out pretty much every team's #1 WR that's always going to be the case. Their #2-#4 and TE are better than most of the rest of the NFL's group of the same. And even if Wallace doesn't re-sign long term, the Steelers may still have him for another two years.

He won't get Fitz money, but like I said at the beginning of this thread, he's going to be paid as a top five receiver because that's what he is.

- C -
    I think you are slightly overrating everyone behind Wallace.

Without him they just aren't that good. It is Antonio Brown (who really is a number 2, not number 1) and a bunch of journeymen/unproven guys. Cotchery is a borderline number 3/4 (just signed a 2 yr 3 mill deal last year, hell that isn't number 4 money much less 3) Sanders can't stay healthy, and is again a decent 3 if that.

The others are late round rookies who will be essentially useless in 2013, hope and a prayer types.

They are extremely thin without Wallace, and it is not a 2012 NFL WR core that scares anyone without him. They would be in the bottom 10 of the league if not lower without Wallace.

Even Steeler fans are now saying without Wallace they need someone else...now.

Blog Entries

I saw that too.

From what I've read, negotiations aren't going so well between Clady and the Broncos and he's leaning towards playing out this year and hitting free agency.

I know he's not an elite LT, but I would LOVE to see him in a Ravens uniform. He's only 26 I believe.
    i think he is one of the best, not sure what classifys as elite but i cant name many better than him, imo. chances are hes franchised, possibly the same with duana brown. i just cant see either letting go of such great young talent at a marquee position.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Ryan Clady in Baltimore? Yes please.

I know [Clady]'s not an elite LT
    Yes he is.

- C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid

he turned down 5 yrs 60, said he wants a joe thomas/jake long deal, or something to that affect, no way we afford him unless ed and ray both retire and flacco takes a cap friendly deal.
    I saw that too.

Blog Entries

Well, there aren't too many better than Ryan Clady, but Denver does a good job of keeping quality offensive lines in general. When Shanahan was there, they used his system well. Now that he is gone, they have some good individual pieces.

If you put Clady in Baltimore, you have a significant upgrade over everybody that has played LT for the Ravens, since Jonathan Ogden. The guy is used to playing outdoors and is scheme diverse.

As for Pittsburgh, you really won't know how they fare at WR until you actually see them without Wallace. The attention that defenses gave Wallace, left Brown with room to work with. Now, if Wallace is gone, Brown is going to get that attention. So, you'll have to see how Brown handles that extra attention and how Sanders handles the added opportunities.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    he turned down 5 yrs 60, said he wants a joe thomas/jake long deal, or something to that affect, no way we afford him unless ed and ray both retire and flacco takes a cap friendly deal.
    Yeah, I think our best option is to just find a guy in the draft, plenty of tall athletic guys coming out next year too. Other than that, I know that Wicked agrees with me that Duane Brown the Texans left tackle is someone to watch out for in FA (assuming the Texans don't extend him). I DON'T think (could be totally wrong here) that Duane will ask for Jake Long type money, he will ask for a considerable amount, but not that much, I don't think anyway. Duane is one of the more underrated tackles, but has been a big part of that awesome Texans offensive line, and has helped pave way for Arian Foster.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Well, there aren't too many better than Ryan Clady, but Denver does a good job of keeping quality offensive lines in general. When Shanahan was there, they used his system well. Now that he is gone, they have some good individual pieces.

If you put Clady in Baltimore, you have a significant upgrade over everybody that has played LT for the Ravens, since Jonathan Ogden. The guy is used to playing outdoors and is scheme diverse.

As for Pittsburgh, you really won't know how they fare at WR until you actually see them without Wallace. The attention that defenses gave Wallace, left Brown with room to work with. Now, if Wallace is gone, Brown is going to get that attention. So, you'll have to see how Brown handles that extra attention and how Sanders handles the added opportunities.
    Didnt some teams, like us, only single cover him the majority of the time. He had decent games against us 6/100 and 4/70 roughlty iirc, but i thought we pretty much manned up against him. As did some others to varying degrees of success.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Yeah, I think our best option is to just find a guy in the draft, plenty of tall athletic guys coming out next year too. Other than that, I know that Wicked agrees with me that Duane Brown the Texans left tackle is someone to watch out for in FA (assuming the Texans don't extend him). I DON'T think (could be totally wrong here) that Duane will ask for Jake Long type money, he will ask for a considerable amount, but not that much, I don't think anyway. Duane is one of the more underrated tackles, but has been a big part of that awesome Texans offensive line, and has helped pave way for Arian Foster.
    Seems like forever since they were known for having the worst ol and david carr was getting destroyed but really it wasnt. They did a great job fixing that.
    -JAB