Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2223242526 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Bryant McKinnie - Not at 1st practice, Oher at LT for now.

Quote Originally Posted by bmorebirds_24 View Post
    What are the odds on McKinnie passing the conditions test today?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
    That's what I'm thinking lol, I can't see him passing it. But if he fails, he will probably blame his so called "lower back injury".

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TL24x7 View Post
    Ok, so the consensus seems to be that the Ravens are better off with McKinnie on the roster to create better depth. That said, who should he start at LT? Cast your vote HERE
    On Sundays? Absolutely. He's definitely the best tackle on the team.

His mentality towards the game is ridiculous though. The fact that the Ravens felt the need to fine him says it all. Suggs injured himself doing non-football activities (supposedly) and wasn't at the Ravens facility and they aren't taking a penny from him even though they are well within their rights to do so under the CBA.

The Ravens are not the type of organization that is going to fine a player and take money out of their pockets unless they're pushed to do so.

McKinnie is playing on borrowed time IMO. Even if he manages to make it through training camp in one piece and puts together a solid (or even stellar) season, he has pretty much ruined any chance of getting an extension out of the Ravens after this year.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

If he actually took this off-season seriously and busted his ass to get into shape then he shouldn't have too much trouble passing it. Maybe not the 1st time, but the 2nd time probably.

KO has a quad injury and he passed it with time to spare.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Well our disagreements between Oher and McKinnie aside, I agree with most of what you said. If Oher and McKinnie can be average, that's good enough IMO, we have two solid guards (one of them is arguably the best right guard in football) and a good veteren center who looks like he's in the best shape since being in Baltimore (don't know if you've seen pictures of Birk lately, but he looks like he's put some good weight on). But you have to remember, that this is the NFL. Turning up out of shape every training camp is inexcusable, and especially if you've already been cut from another team for doing the same thing.
    i dont disagree with that, and you dont have to root for the player, just the jersey. he makes us better whether i like how he goes about it or not. in no way do i condone this behavior but at the same time, we just dont have much choice in this late hour.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    On Sundays? Absolutely. He's definitely the best tackle on the team.

His mentality towards the game is ridiculous though. The fact that the Ravens felt the need to fine him says it all. Suggs injured himself doing non-football activities (supposedly) and wasn't at the Ravens facility and they aren't taking a penny from him even though they are well within their rights to do so under the CBA.

The Ravens are not the type of organization that is going to fine a player and take money out of their pockets unless they're pushed to do so.

McKinnie is playing on borrowed time IMO. Even if he manages to make it through training camp in one piece and puts together a solid (or even stellar) season, he has pretty much ruined any chance of getting an extension out of the Ravens after this year.
    100% agree. I thought signs were pointing to us possibly bringing him back when he reportedly lost that weight before being held out of OTAs. Hes possibly the most economic value at LT next FA. I thinks thats all out the window now. Just like Gaither, even if he is a better option, hes just to unreliable and its time to depart (well after this year). Ill trust Ozzie to fill the hole when hes got an entire offseason to do do. after the draft and free agency he doesnt have many options right now.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Well lets not compare him to Gaither, Gaither put in much better performances WHEN he played than McKinnie has for us. Gaither was arguably a top 5 LT in 08 and 09, McKinnie was somewhere between 23-17 ranked left tackles in 2011, and that's being generous. He was awful at times as a run blocker in 2011

Gaither was probably more unreliable than McKinnie though. Gaither turned up in much worse shape than McKinnie has for us.

Aaron says he looks smaller than he did last year when he saw him at the airport so at least we all know he hasn't ballooned up.

That said, I doubt he passes his conditioning test today...I'd anticipate this taking 3-4 days for him to get out on the field after passing...and that's after however long it takes him to get cleared for his back.

As for his future here...clear as hell that this is his last rodeo here this season...if he makes it through camp.

Blog Entries

I heard he did his fastest "40" time when there was a Big Mac waiting at the other end... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    I heard he did his fastest "40" time when there was a Big Mac waiting at the other end... Bc
    Hahaha.

If we could get one of those psychological dudes to play a trick on McKinnie where he'd think Flacco was a bic mac meal, he'd probably be the best pass blocking LT in the league.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Well lets not compare him to Gaither, Gaither put in much better performances WHEN he played than McKinnie has for us. Gaither was arguably a top 5 LT in 08 and 09, McKinnie was somewhere between 23-17 ranked left tackles in 2011, and that's being generous. He was awful at times as a run blocker in 2011

Gaither was probably more unreliable than McKinnie though. Gaither turned up in much worse shape than McKinnie has for us.
    im simply pointing out the similarities in the storys. even down to back injuries and losing weight. Gaither did unquestionably play better when he did play here.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Gaither is having trouble so far in training camp. He's already missing practices with multiple injuries.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Gaither is having trouble so far in training camp. He's already missing practices with multiple injuries.
    yeah I saw where he reportedly had a 'full body cramp'. Now that's creative....

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

I can see where RaveninWoodlawn is coming from. Atleast, with McKinnie there, if something happens to him, you have your fallback option (Oher, Williams, Birk, Yanda, Reid). With him here, you don't have to go to that option immediately, without a fallback option for that.

I can also understand where LeachisBeast is coming from, even though I've already had a similar argument with RaveninWoodlawn before (One he schooled me in). What leach is saying, probably better represents what I was trying to say. What happens is Osemele outperforms the vet? Unless it's by a significant margin, do we honestly expect the coaching staff to go with Osemele? Then, what happens the following year? Likely the same thing. Where Osemele has to significant outplay someone, not just outplay them.Tucker might even outperform Cundiff, but our consensus is that it would have to be by a considerable margin for him to win the spot. This is not the case with all situations. Personally, I don't think it matters if it's by a hair, whoever wins the spot in training camp between Smith and Williams (CB) will have the spot.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore