Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1718192021 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Bryant McKinnie - Not at 1st practice, Oher at LT for now.

This off-season, didn't somebody try to tell us that LT was not a premium position to draft anymore, that it wasn't worth the desperation of old?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    This off-season, didn't somebody try to tell us that LT was not a premium position to draft anymore, that it wasn't worth the desperation of old?
    You mean this?

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--le...-position.html

The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

woodlawn--
    You said "And why some of these players can't pick up the phone themselves to explain what's going on is beyond me."

Regardless of his weight or, really, anything else, this is the factor that seems to me to be the damning element. This McKinnie situation stinks to high heaven if you ask me...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by redmike34 View Post
    Jason Cole. Pfft.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

An accident, huh?

Yea, right.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

The guy may be a piece of shit, but hopefully we get one more season out of him.

Blog Entries

An accident? That stopped him from going to work but didn't stop him from partying with fat models the night before it was time to report to work.

I can't wait to hear this. I could see the Harbaugh eye rolls now as he retells what eve bullshit excuse McKinnie gives him.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Jason Cole. Pfft.
    Greg Cossel doesn't think left tackle is really a preimium position anymore like QB, pass rusher, and CB. If you look back at the previous SB winners, I can't see a top 10 LT on any of those teams.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Greg Cossel doesn't think left tackle is really a preimium position anymore like QB, pass rusher, and CB. If you look back at the previous SB winners, I can't see a top 10 LT on any of those teams.
    Yeah, with the way most offenses are run you can certainly get by with less. Now our archaic offense on the other hand...

An accident?!? This is going to have me going back to the bart scott days of having to root for a player i dislike. Interested in what he has to say for himself.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    Yeah, with the way most offenses are run you can certainly get by with less. Now our archaic offense on the other hand...

An accident?!? This is going to have me going back to the bart scott days of having to root for a player i dislike. Interested in what he has to say for himself.
    Haha that's true. To be truthfully honest, we could have an offensive line of Jake Long, Carl Nicks, Nick Mangold, Marshall Yanda, Joe Thomas, and we'd still struggle... well maybe overreacting there, but you get the picture.

Hearing all kinds of unconfirmed bizarre things about McKinnie ranging from stiffing creditors, to not wanting to play just to pay creditors, to issues with sexuality to a tumble that caused an injury....

The bottom line is that the guy has become undependable and it's a huge risk IMO to trust him with $3.2M. I would be shocked if he isn't cut OR kept for a much lower number. The team could cut him, bring him back in Week 2 for something close to a vet minimum and then not be obligated to pay him for the entire season...providing the team the luxury of cutting him at any time without recourse.
    Follow me on Twitter @RSRLombardi

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    What Cosell says is that a quarterback who makes quick decisions or one that can move around helps out the offensive line and the LT specifically. The QB has become more significant in his own protection than he used to be.