Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1516171819 ... LastLast

Re: Bryant McKinnie - Not at 1st practice, Oher at LT for now.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    everyone is basing this doomsday outlook one one season he had on the left side.

When Joe Flacco was set to start in 2008, we assumed it was going to be another losing season.
    When Torrey Smith was set to start at WR last year, we assumed we were going to have a rough time getting anything out of him
    When Kruger was in his 2nd year, we all assumed he was a waste of a draft pick...

I say let's give the guy a chance to fail before we jump off the bridge.
    Flacco, Rice, and Smith were unknows as far as how they'd do in the NFL. Oher, on the other hand, isn't. Before training camp last year, the coaching staff appointed Oher the left tackle. Apparently, they didn't like what they saw, so they went out and got McKinnie. Now, we seem to be in the same situation. Oher is, once again, appointed the left tackle.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by steelerhater View Post
    Flacco, Rice, and Smith were unknows as far as how they'd do in the NFL. Oher, on the other hand, isn't. Before training camp last year, the coaching staff appointed Oher the left tackle. Apparently, they didn't like what they saw, so they went out and got McKinnie. Now, we seem to be in the same situation. Oher is, once again, appointed the left tackle.
    I'm pretty sure it was up in the air even as early as end of 2010 season. I remember end of the year comments saying that Oher would have a chance at RT or LT, which slowl evolved to RT.

Every trustworthy source I've seen as of late says Oher does seem to have made strides. And even filmstudy will back up that Oher's 2011 was fairly decent. Spectacular, no, but on the whole, he wasn't bad.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Again, I think this is just a total over reaction on this board. News flash people, McKinnie wasn't even good last year for us at left tackle, he was barely an upgrade to Oher. At least Oher works hard, and is actually a much better run blocker than McKinnie, Oher is also in fantastic shape, unlike McKinnie who looks like he works in McDonalds right now judging by that picture. I am really not sweating it if McKinnie actually does come back or not, we could do with the extra cap room anyway.

The one major problem you have with Oher, is mental fuck ups, physically he is there, just mentally someone needs to place a sticky note on the inside of his helmet saying "just don't fuck anything up" and simplify the blocking system, because Oher can block man on man very affectively, at the point of attack he is very good. When you try exotic blocking schemes, like what the Texans run, that is something that just doesn't work for him. I'm not saying Oher will be a pro bowl level tackle in 2012, chances are he is probably going to be below average again. However do you really want a fat lazy tub of lard who doesn't give a shit about his team, playing such a prestigious position for you? Honestly, last year, Flacco's improved pocket presence last year was one of the reasons why McKinnie actually looked any good in pass protection.

Blog Entries

Originally Posted by GOTA
    They're going to have a tough time collecting that money with all the other creditors McKinnie owes money to.

REPLY : I hope I don't have as tough a time collecting from my sister-in-law.
    Perhaps there is a small chance (?) ... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I don't doubt that they won't recoup that money.
    Oh wicked, you've shattered my dream that I've a possibility of recouping the tens of thousands (that includes my emotional distress) that the *itch (with a capital B) owes me over 25+ years... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I may be vindictive, but fuck this guy. Put his ass on the did not show list, continue to fine him, and then retain his rights until he shows up, collect fine from him, and then cut him so he doesnt really have time to catch on somewhere else.
    I like the way you think.

Blog Entries

So, someone enlighten me. Why didn't he show up?

Did this dude really just wake up Wednesday morning and say oh what the hell I am not going to camp today?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post

Did this dude really just wake up Wednesday morning and say oh what the hell I am not going to camp today?
    Speculating here : "I'm nearly 400 lbs, out of playing shape, and my only exercise has been to the fridge and couch. I took the Ravens 1/2 million, but that's going out to my creditors. Same as if I play for $3.2 mil. this season. So, why should I?" ... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post

Probably.

I mean, does he think he's still at school or something? Most of us don't even have the luxury of having months off in the summer and spring from doing something your supposed to love doing, and all you are asked to do is keep in shape.

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Speculating here : "I'm nearly 400 lbs, out of playing shape, and my only exercise has been to the fridge and couch. I took the Ravens 1/2 million, but that's going out to my creditors. Same as if I play for $3.2 mil. this season. So, why should I?" ... Bc
    That's the thing...I don't see how it's his weight...he was supposedly only 9 pounds from the target weight. So even if he wasn't there, it's not like he would have came as this huge 400 lb guy. Just show up and continue to work on your weight (for the Ravens) and collect paychecks (for his creditors). The team would be disappointed, but come on, nothing like where they are right now.

It's baffling to me. I don't see a single reason why he would be here. LaCanfora says the Ravens don't even know if the Chiropractor that called them is reputable, what the severity of this supposed injury is. And why some of these players can't pick up the phone themselves to explain what's going on is beyond me.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    That's the thing...I don't see how it's his weight...he was supposedly only 9 pounds from the target weight. So even if he wasn't there, it's not like he would have came as this huge 400 lb guy. Just show up and continue to work on your weight (for the Ravens) and collect paychecks (for his creditors). The team would be disappointed, but come on, nothing like where they are right now.

It's baffling to me. I don't see a single reason why he would be here. LaCanfora says the Ravens don't even know if the Chiropractor that called them is reputable, what the severity of this supposed injury is. And why some of these players can't pick up the phone themselves to explain what's going on is beyond me.
    (1) How do you know what he weight is? If he was in the 340's, then IMO he would have appeared @ TC.

(2) Nothing baffling here. The man owes serious money, so why not show up and collect some ($3.2 million) to pay off your debts(?)

(3) When I was a manager at the bank, if someone other than the employee called in sick for him/her, then I was suspicious... Bc

Aaron Wilson reported he was in the 250's during the last mini camp that he was held out of to do conditioning work.

The team can and would deal with his weight...if he showed up. I'm sorry, if, if the thinking was I'm out of shape and I don't want to show up because the team may release me...that is baffling. It's baffling because every warm blooded person would realize that basically doing a no call, no show is by far the worse thing you can do at every single job out there. The team would be pissed, but at worst IMHO, they'd sit him out and have him do conditioning until the team was satisfied.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Aaron Wilson reported he was in the 250's during the last mini camp that he was held out of to do conditioning work.

The team can and would deal with his weight...if he showed up. I'm sorry, if, if the thinking was I'm out of shape and I don't want to show up because the team may release me...that is baffling. It's baffling because every warm blooded person would realize that basically doing a no call, no show is by far the worse thing you can do at every single job out there. The team would be pissed, but at worst IMHO, they'd sit him out and have him do conditioning until the team was satisfied.
    McKinnie hasn't been 250 since he was in junior high. lol.