Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Bryant McKinnie - Not at 1st practice, Oher at LT for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Boulderraven View Post
    He will be in camp soon. He dedicated himself to this year and MORE years to GET OUT OF DEBT, how else is going to make that kind of coin?
    Whaddya give him a limo ride the other day or something?
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

-Arnold Schwarzenegger

Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com

Blog Entries

Only thing I'm curious about .... any repercussions from the fines?

Meaning we can offset salary cap space? maybe part of that bonus even though we don't really collect hard dollars?

Also wondering if this locks McK down.
    That he isn't cleared here to do anything until his weight is down, so could he be exempted from roster spot, and yet not free to sign with another team.

Obviously from my speculation you can tell that I don't know the ins and outs of CBA and rules.
    But curious if the accumulating fines do something more for us than just have him owe us money?
    Could he be forced to play maybe lets say for vet minimum (keeping the bonus we will never probably get back anyway) after the fines are tallied and adjustments made?
    Yeah I know it is speculation, but anyone have any knowledge on how fines can be used/applied?
    I'm still assuming he is history, but can he be hung up in a long revolving door as he exits, long enough to spare all other teams his (dis)service?
    To understand paranoid people better, follow them around.

Our long Ravens national nightmare may be over Monday...apparently McKinnie texted WNST that he had an "accident" (whatever) but will be in camp on Monday.

WNST
    ‏@WNST

Following

Ryan: McKinnie said he had "an accident" last week, and that in a few days, will be more than comfortable to explain his absence.
    WNST
    ‏@WNST

Following

Ryan: Bryant McKinnie tells @WNST in a text message that he will be reporting to camp when the team resumes practice Monday.

He had an accident? Like he shit himself?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Blog Entries

There are so many directions to go with this.

First off, Ed Reed and Ray Lewis vouched for this guy? I'm not quite sure Ray is ready for coaching yet. lol. There is a reason why they say 'Coaches coach and players play'. That goes for Hall of Fame caliber players as well. lol.

John Harbaugh: Ed, what the hell were you thinking calling out Joe.

Ed Reed: Because the boy needs to step up. I'm tired of carrying his @ss.

John Harbaugh (A week later): Well, Ed, I think you called out the wrong guy. How do you feel? Do you feel any better?

Ed Reed: Hell no man, we lost again.

Second, at least we know that Oher will finish his blocks in the rush offense.

Third, if the Ravens are fining you, in the words of Chris Rock, "You fucked up".
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"

Quote Originally Posted by Boulderraven View Post
    He will be in camp soon.
    Yep.

Ravens are talking tough because they want his ass here, but make no mistake about it they aren't cutting their starting LT unless he refuses to play. They are using the media to make thinly veiled threats, but they are going to wait it out and secretly pray he is back.....soon.

Considering his financial situation, I have a hunch that with $4 million on the table McKinnie will be playing in 2012. And despite what the Ravens are saying through the media, they will welcome him back...even if after the fact they go stomping to their bedroom and slam the door behind them.

Blog Entries

This off-season, didn't somebody try to tell us that LT was not a premium position to draft anymore, that it wasn't worth the desperation of old?
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    This off-season, didn't somebody try to tell us that LT was not a premium position to draft anymore, that it wasn't worth the desperation of old?
    You mean this?

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--le...-position.html

The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

woodlawn--
    You said "And why some of these players can't pick up the phone themselves to explain what's going on is beyond me."

Regardless of his weight or, really, anything else, this is the factor that seems to me to be the damning element. This McKinnie situation stinks to high heaven if you ask me...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by redmike34 View Post
    Jason Cole. Pfft.

Blog Entries

An accident, huh?

Yea, right.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

-Arnold Schwarzenegger

Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com

Blog Entries

The guy may be a piece of shit, but hopefully we get one more season out of him.

Blog Entries

An accident? That stopped him from going to work but didn't stop him from partying with fat models the night before it was time to report to work.

I can't wait to hear this. I could see the Harbaugh eye rolls now as he retells what eve bullshit excuse McKinnie gives him.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Jason Cole. Pfft.
    Greg Cossel doesn't think left tackle is really a preimium position anymore like QB, pass rusher, and CB. If you look back at the previous SB winners, I can't see a top 10 LT on any of those teams.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Greg Cossel doesn't think left tackle is really a preimium position anymore like QB, pass rusher, and CB. If you look back at the previous SB winners, I can't see a top 10 LT on any of those teams.
    Yeah, with the way most offenses are run you can certainly get by with less. Now our archaic offense on the other hand...

An accident?!? This is going to have me going back to the bart scott days of having to root for a player i dislike. Interested in what he has to say for himself.
    -JAB