Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Re: Bryant McKinnie - Not at 1st practice, Oher at LT for now.

Can someone who posted such tell me how this is "running another LT out of town"?

That kind of nonsense needs to be backed up.

The Ravens gave this kid two chances and he failed them both. What the heck is the team supposed to do at this point? They took him at his word that he'd be here and in shape for this season. He dropped the ball on both accounts.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rxdoxx View Post
    Is this what the twitter link was about? I don't have/use that system and can't access to see what the ensuing discussion in this thread was all about. What you posted is the first meat that may have been in that link, thanks.

If they are starting after the bonus return it sure looks like cutting bait, but still a small chance it is pulling out a big Taser.
    some speculation but Harb's is saying they are now looking for a RT because Oher is the LT.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoot...ason-continues

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    some speculation but Harb's is saying they are now looking for a RT because Oher is the LT.

PFT is saying KO will step in.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ng-camp-start/

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Can someone who posted such tell me how this is "running another LT out of town"?

The Ravens gave this kid two chances and he failed them both. What the heck is the team supposed to do at this point? They took him at his word that he'd be here and in shape for this season. He dropped the ball on both accounts.
    the team should let this play out. according to harbaugh, he hasnt even spoken to mckinnie yet. he's too quick to pull out his guns, nothing good is going to come from it. we've seen this movie before.

Quote Originally Posted by ballhawk View Post
    let it play out. according to harbaugh, he hasnt even spoken to mckinnie yet. he's too quick to pull out his guns, nothing good is going to come from it. we've seen this movie before.
    We have? I don't recall Gaither ever pulling a no call / no show for training camp so which player are you speaking of? Gaither failed to post in minicamp, but never a mandatory practice.

Any HC from any team, when faced with a player who simply fails to show to a mandatory practice without any notification, should and do fine their players all the time.

Sounds to me you're simply looking for a reason to beat up Harbs.

Im sure not what they'd like to do but dont forget they could move Yanda back out to RT if they feel KO or Jah cant handle it outside and play one of those 2 guys inside.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFlacco View Post
    I'm not buying that for a second. It's not like he's got some criminal trial pending. He's being sued for defaulting on a loan. What exactly do you think might be going on with that lawsuit that would keep him from being in Baltimore? You know what one good way to deal with creditors is? Show up for camp and starting collecting money. He's getting ready to lose $3.2 mill
    Yeah, I don't know what the lawsuit stuff would have to do with keeping him out of town. People bring it up, but being in debt doesn't prevent you from working. If he can't pay the loan, he can do what thousands of other Americans have done and file for bankruptcy or get his ass in camp so he can make money to pay this stuff off. It isn't like he is on house arrest.

I don't understand at all how his financial stuff is an issue...UNLESS the bozo is intentionally holding out to try and get a bigger contract from us. That is the only reason I can logically think of as to how his lack of cash would affect him being here.

I also agree here...I did not agree with the Gaither situation, but this is completely different IMHO. I'm assuming some promises were made to the team about his shape/condition/reliability when they kicked out that roster bonus. If we knew then what we knew now, no doubt we would have cut ties then and went hard after a OT...Eric Winston in particular and or someone else in UFA or the draft. It's clear to me that HE is screwing US, not the other way around.

Blog Entries

We have? I don't recall Gaither ever pulling a no call / no show for training camp so which player are you speaking of? Gaither failed to post in minicamp, but never a mandatory practice.

Any HC from any team, when faced with a player who simply fails to show to a mandatory practice without any notification, should and do fine their players all the time.

im not looking for an excuse, this is history repeating itself. you telling me that if ray rice held out camp they would have fined him? and they didnt fine ed reed for missing mandatory camp either. and mckinnie did give notification, through a rep maybe, but he gave notification nonetheless.

Gaither was also not under contract and was not obligated to go to that mini camp.

im not looking for an excuse, this is history repeating itself. you telling me that if ray rice held out camp they would have fined him? and they didnt fine ed reed for missing mandatory camp either.
    Uhh. A hold out tells the team he's doing so and, sadly, it's a part of business. But if either of them made no sort of contact with the team and simply failed to post or had a lame excuse? Yeah, I do think they'd get fined. Without hesitation.

But, thankfully and unlike McKinnie, those two are professionals when it's time to actually show up for work.

So other than the position they play, how does this show this is "history repeating itself" exactly?

they took the hardline aproach with gaither and it blew up in their face. ask the chargers (who now have a decent LT on their roster) and ask joe flacco (who spent most of 2010 on his ass) and ray rice (who had his worst season as a starter in 2010).

now they are going to take the same stance with mckinnie after just giving him a half million dollar roster bonus 2 months ago. harbaugh is too fucking stubborn and instead of being patient and letting this play out, he has to be johnny tough guy and immediately get on the offensive. it didnt work with gaither, it wont work with mckinnie, and end result will be we go into the season with oher at LT, and once again the offense is cripled and will not take that step forward that we have all been waiting for.
    The only problem with this is that the two LTs were two idiots/douchbags that didn't care anything except themselves. They weren't and aren't worth disrupting this entire team for. If he is going rouge, I say goodbye McKinnie and good luck paying your creditors. I'm not even taking a side, but they did this to themselves.

Lets see Gaither do well for more than one year before we crown him because now the Chargers have paid him with four yr contract this off season and that may have been a mistake.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post

Thanks,
    I <wink> fully accpt that just as fully as I accepted Jah is now our starting LG (then OMG Wilson is signed). Yep Oher is the LT, and he may be but I'm sure wheels are spinning in Ozville. And KO is featured in some of those plans at RT as others have said
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old