Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Bryant McKinnie - Not at 1st practice, Oher at LT for now.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...irst-practice/

Ravens coach John Harbaugh told reporters after practice that McKinnie’s representative told the team he was dealing with a “personal” matter and it wasn’t clear when he’d return.

In his absence, the Ravens moved Michael Oher to left tackle, and used Ramon Harewood at right tackle, before he left practice with a leg injury.

Not a good thing folks.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Re: Bryant McKinnie - Not at 1st practice, Oher at LT for now.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    IMHO it is two BAD things: Oher at LT and Harewood hurt AGAIN. (Make that three bads: WHY Harewood rather than Reid?)

Quote Originally Posted by houstonravensfan View Post
    IMHO it is two BAD things: Oher at LT and Harewood hurt AGAIN. (Make that three bads: WHY Harewood rather than Reid?)
    Reid is still recovering from an injury.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TTRaven View Post
    Reid is still recovering from an injury.
    Yup. As is KO, otherwise I'd imagine that KO and/or Reid would be over at the RT spot.

Blog Entries

I'm not so worried about RT as it gives one of our younger players a chance to prove them selves at RT. It's more about Oher playing on the left side, I really don't know if he is mentally prepared to play left tackle, physically? Yes probably, he has all the tools to become an athletic LT, but he just isn't football smart enough if you know what I mean.

Harewood at RT is worrying though, hope Reid or Osemele comes back ready to go.

Blog Entries

McKinnie's personal issue is he probably tripped, fell, and landed face first in a pool of cheeseburgers and he's nowhere near the shape that Harbs wants him in and he knows it.

Blog Entries

McKinnie's personal issue is he probably tripped, fell, and landed face first in a pool of cheeseburgers and he's nowhere near the shape that Harbs wants him in and he knows it.
    Probably. Harbaugh said he hadn't seen McKinnie in a long time and really wanted to see what kind of shape he was in. If McKinnie isn't close he might not want to face the coach.

Blog Entries

but wasnt it just a month ago that he was at OTAs and closer to 350? That whole article about holding him out which really came down to wanting him to do cardio and lose that extra 9lbs they wanted him to? maybe it really is just a personal issue, hell eventually show up and ill wait to see what he weighs in at/looks like. Ill keep my fingers crossed.
    -JAB

Blog on McKinnie: Stench at Ravens HQ
    Follow me on Twitter @RSRLombardi

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    but wasnt it just a month ago that he was at OTAs and closer to 350? That whole article about holding him out which really came down to wanting him to do cardio and lose that extra 9lbs they wanted him to? maybe it really is just a personal issue, hell eventually show up and ill wait to see what he weighs in at/looks like. Ill keep my fingers crossed.
    Yea, at the end of May during mini camp he was present at the facility and weighed around 350-360 and said he had about 15 more lbs to drop to reach his goal. Then during OTA's he was held out of practice for conditioning purposes.

I haven't read anything since OTA's (a month ago), but considering the level of media attention this has gotten if he had reached his goal then I'm sure it would have been blasted all over br.com and pft.com, you know?

History has shown that this guy has no personal accountability, which is why it wouldn't surprise any of us to see that he left the team facilities a month ago and just hasn't done jack shit since then and ballooned back up into the 370's or even higher.

What's a head scratcher is that he didn't personally talk to Harbs or Cam or Ozzie and his "representative" let them know that he was dealing with personal issues and wasn't sure when he would show up. If it was an excused absence or whatever then Harbs probably would have said as much.

Blog Entries

Reid his hurt himself. This might explain why they were looking at Steinbach. If we can find a good enough G, maybe Yanda can slide back out to RT.

Either way McKinnie is barking up the wrong tree. The one thing Harbaugh hates is a poor work ethic.

We've had 2 1/2 (arguably 3 1/2) off-seasons to engineer a long-term fix for our OT problem.
    Shame on the FO for not getting this nonsense together.

(I heard on The Fan that Harewood rolled his ankle. Possibly not serious.)