Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1011121314 ... LastLast

Re: Bryant McKinnie - Not at 1st practice, Oher at LT for now.

Quote Originally Posted by ballhawk View Post
    my point is:

-he was out of shape for camp last year

-ravens signed him anyway

-he is out of shape for camp this year

-ravens are suprised???

come on now. they knew what they were getting, they put all their eggs in this basket, now they are going to leave themselves in a really bad situation with this offensive line.
    I'm sure while the team would be disappointed, they wouldn't be going to this extreme if the guy just showed up when he was supposed to. He can't even show his face for camp? He is so ashamed that he is too fat that he isn't even man enough to at least apologize and get his ass in camp so he can work on his weight and get back in the Ravens program? And if anybody believed what he said in mini camp, he really wasn't that far away from his expected weight.

He came in at the last second last year. He has had a FULL offseason with expectations in our program this year. There is a difference.

i never changed any argument i made. you just labeled everything i was saying as an excuse to talk shit on harbaugh. whatever dude.
    Your argument is pretty terrible either way.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    So...you weren't here in March when everybody reported that McKinnie had to have an extended private meeting regarding his weight and commitment before the bonus was paid? Do you think they would have paid him that bonus if he didn't agree to abide by whatever provisions the team set forth? They pursued Eric Winston until they were satisfied with McKinnie's agreement and payment of that roster bonus.

Pretty clear McKinnie has not lived up to the agreement.

I don't think fining him is premature at all. CUTTING him may be premature. Not fining him for whatever BS excuse he had...the guy couldn't even call the team himself...he had to have his mommy/agent do it for him.
    im sure that he hasnt lived up to his end. i dont dispute that. but mckinnie was in bad shape this time last year and still put in a decent season. much better than oher in 2010 anyway. if they want to take this approach they better have a viable fall back plan. that remains to be seen.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheFlacco View Post
    Your argument is pretty terrible either way.
    im not really trying to argue with anybody, just throwing some opinions out there. but thanks for the input.

i never changed any argument i made. you just labeled everything i was saying as an excuse to talk shit on harbaugh. whatever dude.
    Your original point was that this was the team "forcing another LT out" and, in the span of an hour, it changed to the team ought not be surprised by McKinnie's antics.

Where am I wrong here?

im sure that he hasnt lived up to his end. i dont dispute that. but mckinnie was in bad shape this time last year and still put in a decent season. much better than oher in 2010 anyway. if they want to take this approach they better have a viable fall back plan. that remains to be seen.
    So you just think we should baby him and let him call his own shots? How else would you suggest that Harbs handle the current situation, given only what we know?

Dude, the issue is that he is not here.

Not that he isn't in shape.

If he was here and not in shape, the team would deal with it.

But he is completely blowing off a mandatory report date. That is a huge issue without a valid excuse.

Blog Entries

This is the last we'll see of McKinnie in a Ravens (XXXL) uniform, since they're fitting him with a larger size... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Your original point was that this was the team "forcing another LT out" and, in the span of an hour, it changed to the team ought not be surprised by McKinnie's antics.

Where am I wrong here?
    how exactly do those two things conflict with each other?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheFlacco View Post
    So you just think we should baby him and let him call his own shots? How else would you suggest that Harbs handle the current situation, given only what we know?
    he could have let it play out. instead he goes straight to the fines just hours after mckinnie missed his first practice and (reportedly) before even talking to him. patience is a virtue, there is nothing to be gained by jumping the gun.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Dude, the issue is that he is not here.

Not that he isn't in shape.

If he was here and not in shape, the team would deal with it.

But he is completely blowing off a mandatory report date. That is a huge issue without a valid excuse.
    they showed a lot more patience with ed reed. and they didn't fine him either. im not saying mckinnie is anywhere near in the same class as ed reed. but starting LT on this team is just as important as starting FS.

is the team going to be better off taking this aproach with mckinnie? im not convinced yet.

he could have let it play out. instead he goes straight to the fines just hours after mckinnie missed his first practice and (reportedly) before even talking to him. patience is a virtue, there is nothing to be gained by jumping the gun.
    Oh I'm sure Harbs would have loved to have talked to him. If you're not going to fine a player in this circumstance then you might as well throw out the fine system altogether.