Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1112131415 ... LastLast

Re: Bryant McKinnie - Not at 1st practice, Oher at LT for now.

Quote Originally Posted by ballhawk View Post
    Thats your opinion. There are just as many ravens fans who feel the opposite.
    They can feel what they want.

Gaither did himself in.

PP

they showed a lot more patience with ed reed. and they didn't fine him either. im not saying mckinnie is anywhere near in the same class as ed reed. but starting LT on this team is just as important as starting FS.

is the team going to be better off taking this aproach with mckinnie? im not convinced yet.
    So you're worried that McKinnie (who is millions of dollars in debt) is going to be so upset about being fined $30k/day, that he may just decide to quit the sport altogether?

they showed a lot more patience with ed reed. and they didn't fine him either. im not saying mckinnie is anywhere near in the same class as ed reed. but starting LT on this team is just as important as starting FS.

is the team going to be better off taking this aproach with mckinnie? im not convinced yet.
    When did Ed Reed ever miss training camp?

Blog Entries

they took the hardline aproach with gaither and it blew up in their face. ask the chargers (who now have a decent LT on their roster) and ask joe flacco (who spent most of 2010 on his ass) and ray rice (who had his worst season as a starter in 2010).

now they are going to take the same stance with mckinnie after just giving him a half million dollar roster bonus 2 months ago. harbaugh is too fucking stubborn and instead of being patient and letting this play out, he has to be johnny tough guy and immediately get on the offensive. it didnt work with gaither, it wont work with mckinnie, and end result will be we go into the season with oher at LT, and once again the offense is cripled and will not take that step forward that we have all been waiting for.

Oh geez give me a break. :grbac:

No one is running or ran McKinnie out of town. He didn't show up and the Ravens are well within their right to fine him as per the CBA.

Ed Reed wasn't find for OTA's because they are VOLUNTARY and it's also likely that Ed Reed had permission to miss anything. Oh, and he actually showed up for training camp in shape and ready to go.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheFlacco View Post
    So you're worried that McKinnie (who is millions of dollars in debt) is going to be so upset about being fined $30k/day, that he may just decide to quit the sport altogether?
    no, im worried that we go into week 1 with oher at LT and ??? at RT.

Blog Entries

he could have let it play out. instead he goes straight to the fines just hours after mckinnie missed his first practice and (reportedly) before even talking to him. patience is a virtue, there is nothing to be gained by jumping the gun.
    Giving an overweight aloof offensive tackle past his prime another shot at redemption even so much as a $500,000 roster bonus and requiring him to work out at facilities during the off-season is showing an inordinate amount of patience.

Blog Entries

no, im worried that we go into week 1 with oher at LT and ??? at RT.

Because obviously this was part of their plan. That's why they were willing to pay the d-bag over 3 million and have already paid him a roster bonus and all he had to do was drop some weight and show up to camp.

Obviously they weren't trying to have Oher at LT this year, but if that's their best option, then so be it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Oh geez give me a break. :grbac:

No one is running or ran McKinnie out of town. He didn't show up and the Ravens are well within their right to fine him as per the CBA.

Ed Reed wasn't find for OTA's because they are VOLUNTARY and it's also likely that Ed Reed had permission to miss anything. Oh, and he actually showed up for training camp in shape and ready to go.
    that was my first reaction when i heard todays developments. im not gonna apologize for it.

and ed reed missed the mandatory mini camp that he could have been fined for but he wasnt.

Blog Entries

that was my first reaction when i heard todays developments. im not gonna apologize for it.

and ed reed missed the mandatory mini camp that he could have been fined for but he wasnt.
    Ed Reed is a HOF'er that shows up ready to go for training camp and IIRC, he's never held out for anything. Comparing him to a guy who was fired from a job for being nearly 400lbs and then can't even show up for the start of training camp is completely ridiculous IMO.

McKinnie didn't even have to really show up in great shape. Part of the process of training camp is getting into football shape.

He obviously doesn't have any interest in playing anymore.

Honestly, I wonder if he's holding out in hopes that the Ravens give him an extension or something? I thought about that this afternoon.

Blog Entries

who knows, the guy may show up in a couple days and this blows over. But it sounds like since he is not even communicating directly with the team and he is AWOL, they're moving on. The fine part we can agree or disagree but the team doesn't have a lot of options on moving on...

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

This is nothing close to the Ed Reed situation.

Unless one believes an offseason OT and the report date for training camp are the same thing.

Pretty funny stuff here.

PP

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheFlacco View Post
    Disagree. As I stated above, his doctors have cleared him to play immediately. Some team is definitely going to take a chance on him...I would.
    Gaither's doctors cleared him to play last year and he still left Oakland without a contract.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore