Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1213141516 ... LastLast

Re: Bryant McKinnie - Not at 1st practice, Oher at LT for now.

Quote Originally Posted by ballhawk View Post
    they showed a lot more patience with ed reed. and they didn't fine him either. im not saying mckinnie is anywhere near in the same class as ed reed. but starting LT on this team is just as important as starting FS.

is the team going to be better off taking this aproach with mckinnie? im not convinced yet.
    Ed Reed has a LOT more clout than McKinnie and if anybody has earned that respect, it's Ed.

And when we are in the homestretch to get ready for the season, Ed is here. McKinnie is not, nor has he earned that right.

Blog Entries

Alright, there are a few things that need to be cleared up here:

Number 1: As PurplePoe has mentioned, Gaither did himself in. No, he was not obligated to attend the OTAs, but it was his choice to not keep the team informed about his physical condition for most of the off-season. Harbaugh had already been on his case a year prior, because he wasn't in the best physical condition. If you only want to show up to a day or two of the OTAs and vanish, that's fine, but show up ready to go when that time rolls around. He didn't.

Aaron Wilson reported that Jared Gaither reported to mini-camp that year, in even worse shape than he was in the year before, which wasn't great to begin with. Aaron Wilson also reported that, THAT is when the switch was announced to both players, when the coaching staff finally got to see Gaither and saw the shape he was in.

Gaither had the opportunity to show up to mini-camp in amazing shape. HE did not.
    Gaither had the opportunity to communicate with the team about his physical condition prior to mini-camp. HE did not.

Gaither went down with an injury the second day of mini-camp and, after a merry-go round of doctors visits, showed up to training camp 29 pounds underweight, once again, after keeping the team completely in the dark about his condition.

Ed Reed is a hall of famer and I fail to see how, in one breath, it can be said that 'I know they are on a different level', but in another breath say 'but'. Ed Reed has never shown up to any team event out of shape. Ever, IN TEN YEARS. Neither has Ray Rice, nor has Haloti Ngata. They have earned a different respect. The only notable Ravens player that ever has, is Terrell Suggs. Guess what, when he did show up out of shape one year, the OWNER CALLED HIM OUT PERSONALLY. Suggs fully cooperated and got his act together.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Dude, the issue is that he is not here.

Not that he isn't in shape.

If he was here and not in shape, the team would deal with it.

But he is completely blowing off a mandatory report date. That is a huge issue without a valid excuse.
    And since again, let's not forget this isn't the first time he has been through this kind of thing. As I said earlier McKinnie was given another chance, and by an elite team. He didn't just hitch on with the Browns or Rams. He came to a playoff team that got damn close to a ring.

If it were me, I would have been sitting out front of the Castle waiting for someone to unlock the doors Monday Morning to let me in so I could get to work.

To me, this is a guy who doesn't understand what he has, and is taking it for granted.

now black sports is reporting that McKinnie is in South Beach this week partying with his girlfriend.
    Now that is a set of cohonnes if true and would probably be his deathtoll.

Quote Originally Posted by HHIRaven View Post
    now black sports is reporting that McKinnie is in South Beach this week partying with his girlfriend.
    Now that is a set of cohonnes if true and would probably be his deathtoll.
    Got to give a link next time bro.

http://blacksportsonline.com/home/20...n-south-beach/

No to be fair, that site is a rumor site...basically TMZ.

But if true...

Dude will be flat ass broke in a year. Book it.

He's played his last down as a Raven IMO.
    Follow me on Twitter @RSRLombardi

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TL24x7 View Post
    He's played his last down as a Raven IMO.
    It sure looks that way. You don't go with the maximum fine unless you have had it with the player.

Blog Entries
    Yup, the fine says they're moving on

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Here's to hoping ozzie can find someone off the scrap heep.

We will be ok. OZ will find someone to cover.
    One thing is for sure, these guys must be here and ready to roll if they want to be a Raven. If he isnt motivated, its best to find out now rather than late in preseason.

I do worry for his health. He seems to be the type that blows up after retirement. If he has a weight problem now, whats going to happen once he doesnt need to exercise to play?

Blog Entries

There isn't anyone out there, we are going to have to roll with Oher on the left side I'm afraid folks, unless Ozzie can get a trade worked out with an average to decent tackle, which is next to impossible since even average tackles are coveted so much.

But hey at least it gives Oher one last chance to prove him self, and we could always try KO at left tackle, which is what he played in college.