Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Bryant McKinnie - Not at 1st practice, Oher at LT for now.

When is Jah Reid expected back?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    When is Jah Reid expected back?
    He could be out for weeks supposedly.

Blog Entries

Once upon a time, Aaron Wilson reported that Jared Gaither reported to the team's mandatory mini-camp in really bad shape. This past June, Aaron Wilson made a similar report about Bryant McKinnie.

Training camp of that same year, Gaither showed up to training camp nearly thirty pounds underweight, before suffering an injury.

Training camp of this year, one report says that McKinnie failed the conditioning test. Another report says that McKinnie hasn't arrived and, through a representative, told Harbaugh that he was dealing with a personal issue.

The Ravens have not had the best of luck with that position.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Well....at this time last year mckinnie was reportedly 400lbs and nowhere near ready to get on the practice field. The ravens knew what they were getting when they signed him....they need to let this thing play out. Last thing they need to do is give him the gaither treatment and next thing you know we go into the season with oher at LT. The ravens made their own bed with this situation, now they need to lie in it. But dont go running the only decent LT on your roster off.

Blog Entries

McKinnie was available last year for this very reason and frankly, it worked out pretty well. I wouldn't over react just yet, but this is not what any of us want to hear. He's probably in a strip club makin' it rain. He'll be back ;)

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

I'm pulling for Harewood but one more bad injury and he'll be cut and gone for good
    Leg injury doesn't sound so bad though. Not much detail of course, just my first impression

Two seasons gone now on IR

We have so many interior offensive linemen but not so deep at offensive tackle

Oher at LT = Flacco on his ass.

Like myself and many others (like Wicked) have said, OT...and LT in particular HAS to be priority numero uno next offseason.

They have to address it...trade, draft, UFA somehow...something. They've been dealing with flakes or players that just aren't good enough for over 4 years now.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Irish Raven View Post
    I'm pulling for Harewood but one more bad injury and he'll be cut and gone for good
    Leg injury doesn't sound so bad though. Not much detail of course, just my first impression

Two seasons gone now on IR

We have so many interior offensive linemen but not so deep at offensive tackle
    If harbaugh does give mckinnie the gaither treatment, marshal yanda becomes the starting RT and the the guards (young and old) fight it out for the two openings inside. NOBODY wants to see that happen!!!

From left to right:

Oher - ??? This will end badly.
    Williams - ? Other than adjusting to a new system, solid, above average vet that will probably be fine.
    Birk - ?? Supposedly in best shape of last few years but age is a big concern at this point.
    Yanda - No problemo sports fans
    RT TBD - This is worrisome beyond description unless KO and/or Reid can get healthy AND translate at the NFL level. Supposedly KO could be practicing in a few days but who knows with back issue(s)?

Maybe Yanda can move to RT but then we have the multiple players out of position scenario again, if we can implement a good RG.

This is trouble we don't need.
    Last edited by RavNMadMan; 07-26-2012 at 09:10 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    McKinnie's personal issue is he probably tripped, fell, and landed face first in a pool of cheeseburgers and he's nowhere near the shape that Harbs wants him in and he knows it.
    Probably. Harbaugh said he hadn't seen McKinnie in a long time and really wanted to see what kind of shape he was in. If McKinnie isn't close he might not want to face the coach.

How do you not take your second chance seriously? He was booted from Minnesota for being overweight and not working hard. You would think especially with the Ravens bringing him back that he would do what he needs to do to be part of this team.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2