Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Bryant McKinnie - Not at 1st practice, Oher at LT for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Oz will watch the cuts like a hawk as teams reduce their roster. I have a feeling they'll pick up someone else but no way to know who
    No way a team is going to cut a starting LT. You might get a project, like Otah who the Panthers traded, but someone you want starting at that position isn't going to be released before the season.

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    I agree with those that think the ravens would be best off waiting for mckinney. Oher is NOT, NOT, NOT the answer at Lt. No teams will be cutting or trading Lt's worth a damn.
    Next year's draft, is ALL ABOUT LT. It's to the poitn where I think they NEEd to package picks to move up to get their desired player, BEFORE what they value him at. I'd have no problem with at least the 1st and 2nd round picks being used in this manner. It's that important.

But first, they need to get a year out of Mckinney.

And back tot he draft gradees thread, in case anyone was wondering, Harbaugh AGAIn confirmed that they have always thoguht of Michael Oher as a Lt, and that when Mckinney was the tackle that was available, Michael was the guy they could switch. I wonder if it's ocachspeak or if they are that bad at evaluating Lt's.
    I agree about the draft...I don't know about packaging all your early picks to do it, but I'm sure one way or another we can and will get one...be it in the draft, trade or UFA.

As for the coach speak, Harbs always speaks highly of his players and he has to show that confidence in them, at least publicly. He can't question Oher as he might have to put him at LT.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    That was months ago and no other team has even brought him in. McNeill isn't playing this year
    Disagree. As I stated above, his doctors have cleared him to play immediately. Some team is definitely going to take a chance on him...I would.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    No way a team is going to cut a starting LT. You might get a project, like Otah who the Panthers traded, but someone you want starting at that position isn't going to be released before the season.
    Jeff Backus from Detroit is the only one I could potentially see. However I don't think he'd be much better than Oher.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    HIS doctor cleared him.

That doesn't mean the teams doctors would clear him.

I don't understand why you'd want to replace one huge question mark with another huge question mark...and expect better results.
    Because our current question make appears to be a guy that just doesn't care about the game anymore. If McKinnie shows up tomorrow ready to go, then great. But Harbs seemed to be pretty pissed off and I wouldn't be surprised if Harbs just said screw it, we're moving on. I guarantee you Ozzie has been on the phone for the last 48 hours looking for other tackle options. If McNeill doesn't pass the physical we don't need to sign him, I just think we need to take a look for ourselves. The Eagles evaluated him months ago, before his doctors even cleared him to play.

Blog Entries

I wonder if the Packers would be interested in moving Marshall Newhouse or if the G-Men would be interested in moving Beatty?

Blog Entries

Eisenberg, Hensley, and a bunch of other media pundits are all over this talking about how the Ravens need to move on and are looking to move on because McKinnie just isn't reliable.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I wonder if the Packers would be interested in moving Marshall Newhouse or if the G-Men would be interested in moving Beatty?
    This is more what i was thinking or a young LT surpassing an aging one on the decline. Id be fine for a one year rental as long as hes still better than Oher, its improvement. I know there have been some LTs drafted the last 2-3 years with the only one i know retiring off the top of my head being NE's. Youd think the rest would atleast be available somehow.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

I hate to say it, but Oher is probably the best option.

Blog Entries

I'd be calling the Broncos to see what they want for Ryan Clady. He's not happy there and they've had trouble signing him to a long term deal.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I'd be HIGHLY surprised, but interested. I'd even consider wowing them with a day 2 pick next year for either.

And as for McNeil. IF (big huge IF) he can pass a physical, I'd be interested in a "pseudo" multi-year contract. It would have to be a deal that paid him annually as opposed to upfront, with graduated pay increases. I wouldn't want a simple one year cheap deal as it would allow him to leave cheaply if he does get it together. So in a sense, I want the ability to cut him easily, but still have the necessary leverage to keep him a couple of years as well. Somehting that maybe pays him $1-2m this year, $3-4m next year and $5-6 the following year. Or heck, even a cheap year this year followed by a baloon payment next year allowing for a restructure point.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFlacco View Post
    Because our current question make appears to be a guy that just doesn't care about the game anymore. If McKinnie shows up tomorrow ready to go, then great. But Harbs seemed to be pretty pissed off and I wouldn't be surprised if Harbs just said screw it, we're moving on. I guarantee you Ozzie has been on the phone for the last 48 hours looking for other tackle options. If McNeill doesn't pass the physical we don't need to sign him, I just think we need to take a look for ourselves. The Eagles evaluated him months ago, before his doctors even cleared him to play.
    In a LT starved league, nobody is showing any interest in McNeil whatsoever. Guys that have all the inside info, all the medical records, everything.

The Charges CUT him for someone that is a bigger flake than McKinnie (Gaither).

Someone may...MAY take a chance on him, but there is a much bigger chance that McKinnie is back, playing well for us and more reliable than McNeil will ever be again. When your back is shot, you can't play...it's a ticking time bomb.