Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Bryant McKinnie - Not at 1st practice, Oher at LT for now.

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    I'd be HIGHLY surprised, but interested. I'd even consider wowing them with a day 2 pick next year for either.

And as for McNeil. IF (big huge IF) he can pass a physical, I'd be interested in a "pseudo" multi-year contract. It would have to be a deal that paid him annually as opposed to upfront, with graduated pay increases. I wouldn't want a simple one year cheap deal as it would allow him to leave cheaply if he does get it together. So in a sense, I want the ability to cut him easily, but still have the necessary leverage to keep him a couple of years as well. Somehting that maybe pays him $1-2m this year, $3-4m next year and $5-6 the following year. Or heck, even a cheap year this year followed by a baloon payment next year allowing for a restructure point.

I agree. The only problem is no other team has really shown interest in him and it's not like every team other than the Ravens have a stalwart LT.

If McNeill can pass a physical and prove that he's healthy THEN I would give him a look-see and possibly entertain signing him, but that contract would be ridiculously incentive laden. Play a certain % of the games and get a certain % of the contract. Play 100% of every game and you get 100% of the contract.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I'd be calling the Broncos to see what they want for Ryan Clady. He's not happy there and they've had trouble signing him to a long term deal.
    that would be a great solution as i think hes a top 5 LT in the league, but theres noway they would do that now, especially with Manning be back there for the first time.
    -JAB

I'd be calling the Broncos to see what they want for Ryan Clady. He's not happy there and they've had trouble signing him to a long term deal.
    I'm not sure we could afford to or would want to pay another $50m contract this offseason.

Blog Entries

this whole situation just wreaks of deja vu and it didnt work out the last time.

"insanity/stupidity is repeating the same thing over and expecting different results."
    -JAB

I would wait until we know what is going on with McKinnie. He is our best option at this point. McKinnie isn't injury prone and even half trying is still a pretty good LT.

Also how many times has Ozzie came through when we on this board have had questions about the roster? We're too good of a team and too close to where we want to be to panic. I'll panic when Ozzie comes into work with amnesia on how to build a team, but until then, I'm good when it's just training camp.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    this whole situation just wreaks of deja vu and it didnt work out the last time.

"insanity/stupidity is repeating the same thing over and expecting different results."
    :word

We can all agree that mckinnie is a wasted talent and probably not the best teammate, BUT he is the only half way decent LT on the roster. Until the ravens come up with a viable replacement (not named oher), they need to handle mckinnie and the whole situation with kids gloves. Dont turn this into gaither2.0!!!

I was thinking the same thing. He will be a ufa after this season I think and it's better to get something for him than just lose him. Remember we have a history of making trades like this just before camp and during after camp

No one is cutting a top 15 LT before the season unless it is for cap reasons but still they will try to trade him first.

But the Mickinne issue is not weight related in my view. It most likely has to deal with his law suit. He just did not want to call harbs personally because it is a legal matter. That's why you have lawyers. I am sure the lawyers gave harbs a rundown but he won't speak for Mickinne and he was obiv excused or he would be fined for missing camp. This has nothing to do with weight

I would offer a 3rd for clady then sign him. We would be getting comp picks like rain next year

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Benny8444 View Post
    I would offer a 3rd for clady then sign him. We would be getting comp picks like rain next year
    Why would the Broncos ever trade Clady? They're in the middle of negotiating an extension right now.

Everyone is dismissing Oher as a terrible LT. I'll guarantee you that he'll play better than 2010 with the added experience he has gained. Most of his mistake are mental snafus. It always takes a lineman a few years to fully 'comprehend' the playbook and Michael's learning curve is probably a tad slower than the average guy. I think he'd be ok... not great... but not any worse than a suspect BM at this point in his career. Less frequent mental mistakes than in 2010. If you assume the McKinnie experiment is over, I contend there isnt a better LT solution out there than Oher.

Now RT if Oher is the LT... More worried about. Probably a guy off the street or Yanda again. Yanda @ RT, we gotta hope KO or Reid will step in the OG position and run with it. Reid @ RT.... I'm worried.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Why would the Broncos ever trade Clady? They're in the middle of negotiating an extension right now.

Exactly. There is no way the Broncos would trade him now with the importance to their franchise of keeping Manning clean. They certainly wouldn't do it for a 3rd. You would have to really knock their socks off with an offer - like a 1st or a 2nd + other pick(s). We all know Ozzie will not get ripped off that bad in a trade so it's not gonna happen.

The Broncos giving up Clady would be a complete 180 in what they are trying to accomplish. I mean why even get Manning if your going to play with his O line. That would be a complete surprise to me and if I remember correctly, that GM is new and not the one who traded with us for them to get Tebow and also traded Cutler and Marshall away. That would be repeating a mistake by them giving up Clady.

As a Raven fan though, I'm all for it if Ozzie can use a Jedi mindtrick on a GM out there.