Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Bryant McKinnie - Not at 1st practice, Oher at LT for now.

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    at this point i wouldnt be opposed to KO or Jah competing for LT over Oher. He had his chance he blew it, and he underwhelmed last year at RT. If he had a strong year at RT id be more willing to give him another shot at LT. If it isnt McKinnie, id hope we give those two a shot.
    Definitely agree with you here.

at this point i wouldnt be opposed to KO or Jah competing for LT over Oher. He had his chance he blew it, and he underwhelmed last year at RT. If he had a strong year at RT id be more willing to give him another shot at LT. If it isnt McKinnie, id hope we give those two a shot.
    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Definitely agree with you here.
    Make me #3. I'm not comfortable with Oher at RT, much less LT. I like the idea of giving Reid and Osemele a shot--they were drafted to play, not sit--but these guys are both banged up. I have no clue how much time each is going to miss, but Reid hasn't been healthy for several months now and just re-aggravated his injury. At this point they're both missing critical reps with the team.

I strongly believe the Ravens need to drop McKinnie, but they need an option at LT that is not currently on this team.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    Make me #3. I'm not comfortable with Oher at RT, much less LT. I like the idea of giving Reid and Osemele a shot--they were drafted to play, not sit--but these guys are both banged up. I have no clue how much time each is going to miss, but Reid hasn't been healthy for several months now and just re-aggravated his injury. At this point they're both missing critical reps with the team.

I strongly believe the Ravens need to drop McKinnie, but they need an option at LT that is not currently on this team.
    If quality LTs grew on trees we probably wouldnt have McKinnie to begin with.

Anybody have any ideas on a LT or RT that could handle it possibly being cut? pretty early one but sometimes the writing is on the wall.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by purplepoe View Post
    Thing is, this isn't just about his weight and conditioning.

PP
    Exactly, I'm not McKinney's friend or anything, but for those who follow him on twitter, he was track to lose the pounds that the Ravens needed him to lose. This is something else and I think that some are jumping to conclusions on this one. It could be his weight, but it may not be. Either way this is early in the process and we have time for him to get it together or get someone else.

The consensus seems to be that Jah doesn't have quick enough feet to play RT in the NFL, let alone LT. And everybody and there brother said that KO doesn't project as an NFL tackle because he looks foot speed. Oher may not be the ideal LT, but he'll absolutely be the starter over Jah and KO.

It's time to cut McKinnie and use his $3.2 mill in cap space to sign Marcus McNeill

Blog Entries

Marcus McNeill isn't healthy. The Eagles were desperate for a LT and brought him in for a look-see and he left without a contract.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheFlacco View Post
    The consensus seems to be that Jah doesn't have quick enough feet to play RT in the NFL, let alone LT. And everybody and there brother said that KO doesn't project as an NFL tackle because he looks foot speed. Oher may not be the ideal LT, but he'll absolutely be the starter over Jah and KO.

It's time to cut McKinnie and use his $3.2 mill in cap space to sign Marcus McNeill
    The foot speed has always been in regards to LT with Reid, but he was also considered to have great agility which is why he shot up draft boards to begin with. KO projects as a better G in the NFL for the same reasons Reid does. Doesnt mean he cant be an adequate or above average T in the nfl. McNeill on the otherhand is a top LT when healthy and nobody wants to touch him. His career is likely over. Id rather have an unmotivated out of shape McKinnie than a guy on IR.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Marcus McNeill isn't healthy. The Eagles were desperate for a LT and brought him in for a look-see and he left without a contract.
    That was months ago and no other team has even brought him in. McNeill isn't playing this year

I agree with those that think the ravens would be best off waiting for mckinney. Oher is NOT, NOT, NOT the answer at Lt. No teams will be cutting or trading Lt's worth a damn.
    Next year's draft, is ALL ABOUT LT. It's to the poitn where I think they NEEd to package picks to move up to get their desired player, BEFORE what they value him at. I'd have no problem with at least the 1st and 2nd round picks being used in this manner. It's that important.

But first, they need to get a year out of Mckinney.

And back tot he draft gradees thread, in case anyone was wondering, Harbaugh AGAIn confirmed that they have always thoguht of Michael Oher as a Lt, and that when Mckinney was the tackle that was available, Michael was the guy they could switch. I wonder if it's ocachspeak or if they are that bad at evaluating Lt's.

The foot speed has always been in regards to LT with Reid, but he was also considered to have great agility which is why he shot up draft boards to begin with. KO projects as a better G in the NFL for the same reasons Reid does. Doesnt mean he cant be an adequate or above average T in the nfl. McNeill on the otherhand is a top LT when healthy and nobody wants to touch him. His career is likely over. Id rather have an unmotivated out of shape McKinnie than a guy on IR.
    Vinny Cerrato and Mike Preston (I know, I know, take it with a grain of salt) have both said on numerous occasions that Jah Reid didn't appear to have the foot speed to play RIGHT tackle based on what they saw from him in practices last year. If McNeill isn't healthy that's one thing, but it's worth bringing him in and taking a look. His spine/neck doctor cleared him to play last month.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    I agree with those that think the ravens would be best off waiting for mckinney. Oher is NOT, NOT, NOT the answer at Lt. No teams will be cutting or trading Lt's worth a damn.
    Next year's draft, is ALL ABOUT LT. It's to the poitn where I think they NEEd to package picks to move up to get their desired player, BEFORE what they value him at. I'd have no problem with at least the 1st and 2nd round picks being used in this manner. It's that important.

But first, they need to get a year out of Mckinney.

And back tot he draft gradees thread, in case anyone was wondering, Harbaugh AGAIn confirmed that they have always thoguht of Michael Oher as a Lt, and that when Mckinney was the tackle that was available, Michael was the guy they could switch. I wonder if it's ocachspeak or if they are that bad at evaluating Lt's.
    coach speak. not trying to incite another gaither argument but Oher was drafted as a bookend to Gaither. Gaither was performing as at least a top 10 LT in the league at the time. no reason to switch a good thing, at least at the time they drafted Oher.

Vinny Cerrato and Mike Preston (I know, I know, take it with a grain of salt) have both said on numerous occasions that Jah Reid didn't appear to have the foot speed to play RIGHT tackle based on what they saw from him in practices last year. If McNeill isn't healthy that's one thing, but it's worth bringing him in and taking a look. His spine/neck doctor cleared him to play last month.
    The same Cerrato that said Ngata looked fat and would be a disappointment? Sorry but i take neither of those guys opinions to strongly. I have no doubt that Reid may not be a LT but i dont think theres much in the way of him being a RT. he needs to work on foot work but his agility and size should be more than enough to make him able to be good.
    Last edited by JAB1985; 07-27-2012 at 10:51 AM.
    -JAB

If McNeill isn't healthy that's one thing, but it's worth bringing him in and taking a look. His spine/neck doctor cleared him to play last month.
    HIS doctor cleared him.

That doesn't mean the teams doctors would clear him.

I don't understand why you'd want to replace one huge question mark with another huge question mark...and expect better results.