Gaither Suffers from a "Full Body Cramp" at Bolts Practice

I kid you not ...

http://boltbeat.com/2012/07/27/blame...-the-waterboy/

WTF is a full body cramp?!?!

Believe it or not, it does exist.

http://www.faqs.org/sports-science/U...-Cramping.html

Still, happening to Jared Neither is just continued comedy of errors.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

Wow.

Ok, I stand corrected. Ain't buying it though. Not from Gaither.

Re: Gaither Suffers from a "Full Body Cramp" at Bolts Practice

Hysterically typical for him. As I said in the McKinnie thread, him getting a long term deal in the offseason was a mistake waiting to happen for the Chargers. He's basically going to pull an Office Space move on them, work just enough, not to get fired.

Blog Entries

Re: Gaither Suffers from a "Full Body Cramp" at Bolts Practice

As a Certified Personal Trainer, I can tell you that much of Jared Gaither's injury issues are likely the cause of poor training and conditioning. Since coming to the league, as evident from his reputation at the University of Maryland, Gaither has never truly kept his body in 'professional' shape. He was able to get away with that in college, but the NFL intensity presents a greater challenge to the body. What people neglect to realize is that, as an NFL head coach, John Harbaugh likely is aware of this and saw this coming. That is why Harbaugh was on Gaither's case so much, trying to push him to improve his physical conditioning. Fans saw that Gaither performed well on the field, regardless, and didn't want to hear about these potential long-term ramifications of Gaither's habits. They just felt that, since it didn't look broke, there was no need to fix it, akin to an MLB pitcher with a 'funky' lineup that, to MLB people, is a Tommy John surgery waiting to happen, who gets the support of the fans that say his throwing motion should remain the same.

The combination of losing twenty nine pounds, not being properly conditioned and trying to take on the intensity and sudden collisions through NFL level competition, likely provided his body with too significant a shock for his back to handle, as with most disc injuries.

Fans don't want to hear that, because they cared more about what they saw. For the moment, Gaither was better at LT than Oher. However, that way of thinking blinded them from the reality that Gaither was going to continue to deal with injuries/minor issues with his body, until he showed more dedication to it. In essence, you weren't going to get the 2009 Gaither anymore.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore