Blog Entries

Bengal's 1st Rounder, Dre Kirkpatrick has broken leg

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/r...tory?track=rss

It's not like they needed him to start right away since they have Leon Hall, Nate Clements, Terrance Newman, Pacman, and Jason Allen, but still...that stings a little.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Re: Bengal's 1st Rounder, Dre Kirkpatrick has broken leg

I read on profootballtalk.com that it was a fracture and that he would be out only 2-4 weeks. Nevertheless, 2-4 weeks is alot of time for any rookie to miss.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    I read on profootballtalk.com that it was a fracture and that he would be out only 2-4 weeks. Nevertheless, 2-4 weeks is alot of time for any rookie to miss.
    Depends. Missing essentially all of training camp means he won't really be able to compete for a starting job for a while. That's assuming that he recovers well. He'll play this year, but I wonder how much.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post

It's not like they needed him to start right away since they have Leon Hall, Nate Clements, Terrance Newman, Pacman, and Jason Allen, but still...that stings a little.
    Let's think about this for a moment Wicked. Terrance Newman? The overrated CB from Dallas? Pacman, who had to grab Torrey by his hair last year? They absolutely needed Dre KirkPatrick. He is such a great fit for the system that they run. Dre might not have been able to stop Smith and Wallace right away, but he could have been a help over the top.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Let's think about this for a moment Wicked. Terrance Newman? The overrated CB from Dallas? Pacman, who had to grab Torrey by his hair last year? They absolutely needed Dre KirkPatrick. He is such a great fit for the system that they run. Dre might not have been able to stop Smith and Wallace right away, but he could have been a help over the top.
    Their safeties suck too. That whole secondary is full of other teams busts and old players. I agree with you that Kirkpatrick was a big get for them.

Blog Entries

They are going to have problems with Torrey, Mike and Antonio, because Ben will be able to fit Antonio into those spots of the zone.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post

The article I just read has him out 6 weeks. That would put him out until a few days from Week 1 and that means no way he plays w/o getting any preseason reps. In fact if there are any complications they'll probably PUP him for the first part of the season. They better hope that Hall has no setbacks. If he does and I was a Bengal fan I wouldn't feel comfortable at all going into week 1 with Clements & Newman as their starting CB's and Pacman as your nickel. It might not hurt them too bad against us since we're one of the few teams in the league more run oriented but against some fo the other teams they will be in trouble.