Page 2 of 46 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Camp notes ~ daily updates

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    They need to make McKinnie live with Ray Lewis while he's a Raven.
    When the head coach is saying he has his fingers crossed about McKinnie's conditioning it's a problem. That's not a positive quote.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    When the head coach is saying he has his fingers crossed about McKinnie's conditioning it's a problem. That's not a positive quote.
    No and may be why they're looking at Eric Steinbach in case they need to shuffle some guys around on the OL.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    That is definitely very worrying.

Any news on Marcus McNiel, or is he basically not coming back to football?

I am not confident having Oher at left tackle at all.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post

Preston was on the radio this morning say Oher has been looking really motivated in minicamps and that he did well to end the season last year. I thought he did too.
    I'd still like another option though.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post

The only team that I heard about looking at McNeill was the Eagles. They were desperate for a Left Tackle after losing theirs for the season and they passed. That's not a good sign. He's coming off a bad neck and back. I doubt he's coming back this year.

Blog Entries

The O-line is definately a major concern right now. Other than Oher and Yanda, all we have is a bunch of guys in their mid 30's competing with a bunch of rookies and unproven guys, two of which are dealing with injuries. We kind of got lucky last year with how it all shaped up...hopefully that luck holds up.

We'll have some news and insight for you within the hour....in the meantime, I'll be sharing some with the guys on the Coach's Buzz heard on ESPN AM 1300. You can listen in HERE I'll be on at 6:05.
    Follow me on Twitter @RSRLombardi

Some tidbits here to be followed in the morning by a full camp report...

Asa Jackson has been impressive since he arrived. Team believes that he could be a productive nickel in the future. His progress could eventually supplant Cary Williams...

Christian Thompson is fast and can hit. Insiders don't expect a lot of production from him as a safety in 2012 outside of special teams but he could develop and be more noticeable as a defender by 2013. Secondary mate Corey Graham while listed as a corner is being looked at more for his special teams acumen. He figures to be a backup safety at some point.

Courtney Upshaw is carrying about 285 pounds. The Ravens would like to see him get down to 270. He's thick, and his build at the moment is a lot like Pernell McPhee's. He has impressed the team with his ability to drop into coverage.

Gino Gradkowski is said to be tough and extremely bright yet a bit undersized. Matt Birk is noticeably bigger...Bobbie Williams is a bulldozer and a smart player with leadership skills.

No word yet on whether or not the league has approved the hearing aid insert for Sergio Kindle.

The competition for backup running back should be fierce but the question is, do any of these competitors have what it takes to take the reins should Ray Rice miss some time? Word is that the pecking order for No. 2 on the depth charts goes like this...Pierce, Allen, Berry. Would not be shocked to see a Cedric Benson add late in camp or after Week 1 if he takes close to a vet minimum AND these youngsters don't perform well. That would be a typical move from Ozzie.

Don't look for Jah Reid on the practice field for a couple of weeks. Kelechi Osemele could be on the field as early as this week...Eric Steinbach had a very good workout with the Ravens. There are some lingering health concerns. He's hardly a lock to sign with the club.

David Reed may have played his last game as a Raven. There isn't much organizational confidence in him. The guess here is he'll stay on PUP and when healthy enough there will be some injury settlement.

Joe Flacco has thrown the ball very well. One insider does not think that the contract will affect Joe's play because he's not built like that. He trusts that his agent (Joe Linta) will eventually get the deal done. Linta has a decent relationship with the club.
    Follow me on Twitter @RSRLombardi

9. Re: Camp notes ~ daily updates

upshaw is up to 285? whatever happened to him trying to lose 10-15 pounds before camp? i can see him carrying more weight could help fighting in the trenches in the run game... we need him to be rushing the passer not dropping in coverage. hopefully this doesn't turn out to be an issue like suggs had where he couldn't rush like we know he can after showing up in camp overweight.

Blog Entries

Courtney Upshaw listed as 285 lbs? Lol at 6'1, I can't think of a bigger LB than that, but if he can drop back into coverage at that size, that is very impressive. I knew Gino was a bit too under size, and it doesn't surprise me that Birk bulked up, maybe it will help him end the seasons a little better.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 2bills View Post
    upshaw is up to 285? whatever happened to him trying to lose 10-15 pounds before camp? i can see him carrying more weight could help fighting in the trenches in the run game... we need him to be rushing the passer not dropping in coverage. hopefully this doesn't turn out to be an issue like suggs had where he couldn't rush like we know he can after showing up in camp overweight.
    If it's muscle, it shouldn't be too much of an issue. He doesn't exactly look out of shape from what I've seen of him, but it would probably be better if he was down to 270 lbs.

Pretty disappointed in Upshaw being that heavy.

And bad news for those who are always complaining about Birk being too small lol.

I like Pierce and I don't think there will be a need for a vet. I think Pierce could be a good starter in this league.

And as for Reed...I think he gets IR'd, but the guy is on his last leg here...no pun intended. I don't think he has a future with this team.