Page 28 of 46 FirstFirst ... 2627282930 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Camp notes ~ daily updates

Quote Originally Posted by TL24x7 View Post
    Are there any 34 year olds in the NFL who actually like training camp?

Discouraging to hear that Doss is picking up a reputation as being soft. Were you saying that Bernard Pierce was picking up that reputation as well, or were you just saying that he was hurt too?

Quote Originally Posted by ballhawk View Post
    Are there any 34 year olds in the NFL who actually like training camp?

Discouraging to hear that Doss is picking up a reputation as being soft. Were you saying that Bernard Pierce was picking up that reputation as well, or were you just saying that he was hurt too?
    It's too early for Pierce to have that reputation but he's tracking in that direction...
    Follow me on Twitter @RSRLombardi

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    The inner fanboy in me got in the way of a lot of camp observations...

Anyone see anything out there today that stood out? I remember more negatives than anything, like seeing Drew drop a lot of passes.
    Drew had to be high-fiving the wall in his hotel room when Pitta broke his hand. Otherwise he didn't stand a chance and he's out of PS time. When you can't block, run, catch or play special teams, staying on the team means only one thing -- you have compromising pictures of someone important

Blog Entries

Drew had to be high-fiving the wall in his hotel room when Pitta broke his hand. Otherwise he didn't stand a chance and he's out of PS time. When you can't block, run, catch or play special teams, staying on the team means only one thing -- you have compromising pictures of someone important
    I thought the word was he was getting better, but right now, I'd guess that Bajema and Balasavage have a good shot at knocking Drew out of 3rd place.

Btw, I watched Pitta catching balls one handed yesterday. I'd take him one handed over any of the other options we have :) (just kidding, but he was making those catches)
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Question for anybody paying attention to it, how has Flacco's footwork been. I thought last year he was a bit inconsistent with it at times and it caused him to be a bit inaccurate and miss some routine throws that he never should. By all accounts he's having the best TC of his career i wonder how much footwork has to do with it.

Can anyone speak to LQW's separation on underneath routes?
    How did KO and Gino hold up?
    Any ILB surprises?

Sent from my G3 using Tapatalk 2
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

"Soft" is a relative term, but on the Ravens soft is a problem.
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Routes where Jones is running toward the end zone > all others
    That's where he's gonna make his money.

Add a healthy Boldin and a healthy, burner that can run routes...woooo-wee

"The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    Can anyone speak to LQW's separation on underneath routes?
    How did KO and Gino hold up?
    Any ILB surprises?

At ILB, our top 3 are pretty locked...Ray Lewis, Jameel McClain, BA.

The #4 spot is occupied by Ellerbe. Can't tell if he's had a good camp, or just no one stepping up as much behind him. The guys listed behind him at the Mike LB spot at Ricky Brown and Nigel Carr. Carr is a UDFA who's been name dropped a few times by coaches and beat writers. Ricky Brown is a vet from Raiders.

Blackstock and Bynes are backups to McClain and BA, can't see Bynes making the team. Blackstock could make the team...
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Anyone else just ready to get this thing started???? Come on September 10th!!!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Blog Entries

I think yesterday was a good tune up game for the M&T production staff, getting them in gear for two weeks when first home preseason game is.