Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Panthers trade for Raiders' WR, Louis Murphy

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Panthers remain busy...trade RT Jeff Otah to the Jets for a conditional draft pick.
    That could mean the Jets are ready to give up on Vladmir Ducasse

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    That could mean the Jets are ready to give up on Vladmir Ducasse
    And Wayne Hunter. Otah is a good player...when he's healthy...which is almost never.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Jacoby Jones is looking even more like a bad signing right now.
    LOL......perhaps we should just wait and see what Jones does on the field - heck, even ONE TC practice - before we make any declarations about the signing - one way or another.

Murphy was available for only a "conditional late round pick", while Jones was fairly coveted as a FA. In the end, maybe Murphy will prove to be better, but it's waaaaay too early to make any such pronouncements about which one would have been a better signing.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Have to agree with Ravor. Jones might just suprise us.

http://RavensFanNation.com

Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    LOL......perhaps we should just wait and see what Jones does on the field - heck, even ONE TC practice - before we make any declarations about the signing - one way or another.

Murphy was available for only a "conditional late round pick", while Jones was fairly coveted as a FA. In the end, maybe Murphy will prove to be better, but it's waaaaay too early to make any such pronouncements about which one would have been a better signing.
    WFT? A rational post? Waddaya drinkin'?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post

I don't need to see what JJ can do. Don't you remember how inconsistent this guy was in Houston?

Blog Entries

I'm not real high on the Jacoby signing, but maybe he'll pan out in Baltimore. Who knows. I doubt it...but I've been wrong before.

Blog Entries

Im not ready to call Jones a bust by any means, but if youre asking me who id rather have, its Murphy, and thats even considering wed have to used a pick for him. He has the same big play potential but surer hands and is more consistent. Coming from a team with a not so good passing attack he stood out vs Jones coming from a great offense and never standing out. Doesnt mean Jones cant be good here but without a doubt i would have rather had Murphy.
    -JAB

The #3 WR in this offense is really like the 6th option anyway so it really doesn't matter who it is.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavensNTerps View Post
    The #3 WR in this offense is really like the 6th option anyway so it really doesn't matter who it is.
    Unfortunately there is some truth to that.

Hopefully that changes this year if Jones, Doss, or Williams figure things out.

Lots of Raiders fans seem to suggest that Murphy, while capable of running deep routes, has so-so hands and is not good in traffic. Of course, the same may be said of Jacoby Jones. If given the choice today, I'd take Murphy, but I think it's a close enough call that we can wait to see how it plays out before getting too upset.

Cam has to be loving this trade. Now he's got two legit deep threats.