Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Ravens #5 in Preseason Power Rankings

Quote Originally Posted by houstonravensfan View Post
    SF better than Ravens? Uhhh OK. Wait. Didn't we beat those guys?//
    They added Randy Moss...duh...
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

I get worried anytime the national media ranks the Ravens in the top 10 much less top 5. They have been wrong about the Ravens everytime they rank the team. I would rather see them rank the Ravens about 12 - 15.

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!

Blog Entries

I could see Baltimore having a down year. They're already starting kind of in a rough situation with having some question marks at OLB/DE, LG, and the #3 WR spot.

Still though, this team is going to go as Joe goes. That's the bottom line now. They can still have a top notch defense, but this team will only be as successful as the offense is...which is kind of scary in some regards.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I could see Baltimore having a down year. They're already starting kind of in a rough situation with having some question marks at OLB/DE, LG, and the #3 WR spot.

Still though, this team is going to go as Joe goes. That's the bottom line now. They can still have a top notch defense, but this team will only be as successful as the offense is...which is kind of scary in some regards.
    Maybe as far as Cam goes? Which is an even SCARIER thought ...

Leach,
    I agree with you.
    And certainly hope you're right.
    I guess my uneasiness comes with the expectations.
    I feel better with them "counted out" and proving everyone wrong.

And I'm just not sure how we ended up as 5th when each week you'll have the whole host of talking heads picking against us each week against: Pitt x2/Cincy x2/NYG/Philly/NE/Dal/SD etc. etc.

Ravens have a lot of momentum coming out of last season, and momentum and self-confidence count for a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    It would be interesting to find out since everyone was picking the Eagles for the division. The Giants had also missed the playoffs the year before. They weren't a team that anyone was talking about until the beat the Jets the end of last season.
    Here's the last two years:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ower-rankings/

2011:
    1. Packers (playoffs, div round)
    2. Saints (playoffs, div round)
    3. Chargers
    4. Falcons (playoffs, wildcard round)
    5. Steelers (playoffs, wildcard round)
    6. Jets
    7. Patriots (playoffs, made SB)
    8. Ravens (playoffs, AFCC)
    9. Eagles
    10. Cowboys
    11. Bears
    12. Texans (playoffs, div round)

Out of his top 12 (projected playoff teams), 7 made the postseason. Not terrible, not great. Had the Giants at #15, also missed on Denver at 30, Cincy at 32, and San Fran at 25.

2010:

1. Saints (playoffs, div round)
    2. Colts (playoffs, wildcard)
    3. Ravens (playoffs, div round)
    4. Vikings
    5. Cowboys
    6. Jets (playoffs, AFCC)
    7. Packers (playoffs, won SB)
    8. Patriots (playoffs, div round)
    9. Chargers
    10. Steelers (playoffs, made SB)
    11. Bengals
    12. Dolphins

Again, 7 of 12. Misses included Bears at 23, Chiefs at 25, Seattle at 26.

Blog Entries

I think that the Ravens will rebound from the way things went down in the AFC Championship Game. However, Billy Cundiff is the one guy that I doubt will be with the team in that respect.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Going into the season, I can't really knock a top five ranking, as long as the top five teams are correct, in my opinion.

San Fransisco added Randy Moss to their offense and maintained most of their group. Even at his age, Moss is an upgrade over Crabtree, who dropped two or three key third down passes in their game against New Orleans that would have ended it earlier. They also play in a weaker division. Seattle and Arizona are both still looking for their QBs. Jeff Fisher could provide the Rams with a spark.

The thing about Green Bay that gets me is that I just don't see how Aaron Rodgers can come out with a better year than he had last year. Everything was set up for them to take it last year, but his WRs/TEs (Considered one of the best groups in the league), really let him down against the Giants. However, they are still a top 5 team.

New England quietly added Brandon Lloyd on the outside, before drafting some nice defensive prospects. However, their schedule was pretty weak last year. It will be interesting to see how it plays out for them this year. What will always keep them in it is that they are usually good with winning the games they are 'supposed' to win.

Baltimore lost Terrell Suggs, but have survived the lost of key defenders in the past. The Ravens also have a lot of young talent, on the up and up.

Who knows what you'll get from the Giants.
    You seen their schedule this year? They could go 14-2 and have home field... again

http://www.patriots.com/games-and-stats/schedule.html

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Rankings in the offseason are funny especially from sites like PFT because it's only to attract traffic to the site and piss off fans that increases that traffic even more. I like Rotoworld better anyway for their twitter feed.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post

The team will live or die with its defense this year, like every other year. The front office basically admitted this by keeping Cameron. If you're expecting anything different on offense this season, you're going to be disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelFaninBMore View Post
    Here's the last two years:

2011:
    1. Packers (playoffs, div round)
    2. Saints (playoffs, div round)
    3. Chargers
    4. Falcons (playoffs, wildcard round)
    5. Steelers (playoffs, wildcard round)
    6. Jets
    7. Patriots (playoffs, made SB)
    8. Ravens (playoffs, AFCC)
    9. Eagles
    10. Cowboys
    11. Bears
    12. Texans (playoffs, div round)

Out of his top 12 (projected playoff teams), 7 made the postseason. Not terrible, not great. Had the Giants at #15, also missed on Denver at 30, Cincy at 32, and San Fran at 25.

2010:

1. Saints (playoffs, div round)
    2. Colts (playoffs, wildcard)
    3. Ravens (playoffs, div round)
    4. Vikings
    5. Cowboys
    6. Jets (playoffs, AFCC)
    7. Packers (playoffs, won SB)
    8. Patriots (playoffs, div round)
    9. Chargers
    10. Steelers (playoffs, made SB)
    11. Bengals
    12. Dolphins

Again, 7 of 12. Misses included Bears at 23, Chiefs at 25, Seattle at 26.
    Thanks for digging that up. 7/12 is actually pretty damn good if you ask me. Considering the parity in the NFL, that would be tough for a lot of posters (myself included) to beat.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravener View Post
    Ravens have a lot of momentum coming out of last season, and momentum and self-confidence count for a lot.
    Defending Super Bowl champions notwithstanding, I agree. I like seeing the Ravens somewhere in the 5-8 range because it shows the franchise respect while also lighting a fire under the fan base and maybe even the players. This team is built to go deep in the playoffs and win games in a number of different ways. This forum is currently focused on personnel moves and it can be hard to think past the current week once the season starts. Last season alone we slugged it out to beat the 49ers and Texans but also ran a brilliant 2 minute drill to beat the Steelers and damn near walked out of Foxboro with an offensively led win. I think the only other highlt ranked team that fits this well-rounded mold is the 49ers, and it's hard to argue that we aren't just a better version of that squad.
    Long days and pleasant nights.