Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Fantasy Leagues?

Quote Originally Posted by rpcfball View Post
    you're hired. what site do you all like to use? im partial to yahoo myself
    Quote Originally Posted by Brtnder81 View Post
    I prefer ESPN I think it much more user friendly than Yahoo
    I have used both and I think that both have their pros/cons. ESPN seems to do a better job of real-time updating whereas yahoo actually costs like $10 bucks or something.

I will say that when I ran a few leagues before I made the rules a little more interesting. For example, sacks took away 0.25points per sack from the QB's total score, etc.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

I'm all for some creative rules. I managed a league with some friends on ESPN last year and we had a QB sack penalty as well. Combining it with PPR really helped to balance out the scoring between QBs RBs and WRs. I'm not sure what you mean by "swing position", but we had an OP slot (offensive player) and with this combo of scoring rules it was a pretty equal opportunity slot for QB, RB, and WR. People were concerned it would just turn into QB to, but it didn't.

In general I think a flaw in a "standard" fantasy setup is that you're forced to take guys that are just about off the radar at RB and WR before the end of a draft, but there are usually still a bunch of starting QBs still available. So I like modifications that balance this out and take better advantage of the NFL player pool. But as I said, I'm up for anything. (and you could certainly twist that point against me to argue for IDP :))

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Cactus View Post
    I'm all for some creative rules. I managed a league with some friends on ESPN last year and we had a QB sack penalty as well. Combining it with PPR really helped to balance out the scoring between QBs RBs and WRs. I'm not sure what you mean by "swing position", but we had an OP slot (offensive player) and with this combo of scoring rules it was a pretty equal opportunity slot for QB, RB, and WR. People were concerned it would just turn into QB to, but it didn't.

In general I think a flaw in a "standard" fantasy setup is that you're forced to take guys that are just about off the radar at RB and WR before the end of a draft, but there are usually still a bunch of starting QBs still available. So I like modifications that balance this out and take better advantage of the NFL player pool. But as I said, I'm up for anything. (and you could certainly twist that point against me to argue for IDP :))
    By swing position I mean you could start either another RB, WR, or TE outside of the required positions.

Broke out like this:
    QB
    RB
    RB
    WR
    WR
    TE
    WR/TE/RB
    K
    DEF/ST

Blog Entries

I don't really like when QBs lose pts for sacks because a lot of times its the offensive line fault the QB got sacked and I don't think a player should lose pts because of their line sucking

Not to derail the thread, but every fantasy position is highly dependent on the performance of team mates. Just a few examples:

- WRs depend on the QB to throw them the ball and do so accurately and when they're open.
    - RBs depend on their FB and linemen to open up holes
    - QBs depend on WRs to get open and linemen giving them time

Every fantasy stat is dependent on more than just the performance of the player receiving the stat. That's one of the reasons fantasy performance can be so hard to predict (and IMO a primary reason fantasy football is so appealing).

I don't really like when QBs lose pts for sacks because a lot of times its the offensive line fault the QB got sacked and I don't think a player should lose pts because of their line sucking
    Same logic could apply to INTs. A WR that lets a watchable go through his hands to a defender isn't the QB's fault either.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Blog Entries

We certainly don't have to do that.

I did it with a couple of buddies a few years ago. They all were for it. If they weren't for it, then I wouldn't have done it.

Yeah, sacks aren't a category I'm keen on for quarterbacks. But I love idp. One of the leagues should be idp

Blog Entries

League has been set up on ESPN.

PM's were sent to everyone in this thread. Another thread was posted on the main forum.

Blog Entries

League name: CharmCity_24x7 FFL 2
    Password: Ravens247

Draft: Snake
    Date: Sun, Sep 2, 2012
    Time: 6:30 PM ET

6 spots still open

I have some spots open for an independant defence league. It's at yahoo.com AFC North Fans (549941) password SuperBowl.

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!

I feel if you are going to give a D points for a sack, why not take those points away from a QB? Drafting a QB it's like you draft that teams O line as well.

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!